Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 10:52 PM   #1  

Question Motivation for Core

Hello everyone!!
I started WW last year and have lost almost 40 lbs with Flex. I started buying some new clothes and feeling pretty good, despite the additional 20+ lbs that I have to lose. I've lost motivation and find myself not interested in counting points anymore--hence why I'm debating on trying Core . I was wondering if everyone could share tips, success stories, ideas, etc. to help me get my motivation back and try Core. I know it would be great for me, I've just got to motivate myself for it! We're going on vacation next week and I know that starting something before is just setting myself up for failure. So I'm getting organized and ready to start when we get back.
You think weight loss gets easier as you go...NOT! HELP!!
Thanks SOOO much in advance , this website is really great!!
Old 04-13-2005, 06:23 AM   #2  

YOU CAN DO IT !!! YOU CAN DO IT !!!!
WOWWW, that's a GREATTTT weight loss! Core will be a piece of cake for you (bad choice of words, just make sure its fat free)

Im only on my 2nd week of COre, so Im not that much help, but this board is a wealth of wonderful information and supportive ladies!

If you were so successful on Flex, I really think that Core will be sooo much easier for you! Just start printing out lots of menus/rules, etc.

You'll do great, I KNOW it !

We're right behind ya!!!
Old 04-13-2005, 08:31 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

My best advice Mama Frog is to read some of the old threads here to help you make your decision. We have alot of successful people here all doing Core (with some tweaks, here and there). We gotten some newbies while we were on Core Support Boards 13 and 14, so if you just read those you'll see that we all recently recapped our successes and how we feel about the program.

When you start, come on back and find us. We are a great group of people and we'll help you as much as we can. In my meeting, only one or two other people are doing Core. Here, I have the support of at least 10 or 15 wonderful woman who are always here for me. How much better can it get?
Old 04-13-2005, 10:12 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Hey there, MamaFrog! I'm in Arlington, your next-door neighbor!! And you are dead right when you say weight loss doesn't get any easier!

There's plenty of food to eat on Core, and it's actually easy to eat out too. Like Vickie said, come back when you get home from vacation and we'll load you down with all sorts of help! And reading the old threads will give you lots of ideas, especially the menu threads where you can see what sorts of things we eat.

Good luck!
Old 04-13-2005, 02:20 PM   #5  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Hi Mamafrog,

And congrats on your amazing weight loss so far! I love Core and highly recommend it. It is a good/healthy way of eating and you will see once you start that it is definitely something you will feel comfortable doing as a lifelong lifestyle change!

I have been on Core for about 13 weeks now and have lost 23 lbs. The beauty of core is being able to eat when hungry and not being as limited in the amount of healthy food you can eat. The only pre-requisite, like for any eating plan, is planning. You will probably need to do a little more preparation and cooking for core eating, but there are tons of great recipes around which we can guarantee are YUMMY!

Have a great trip!

Froufie
Old 04-13-2005, 06:05 PM   #6  
Athlete in Training

Greetings Mamafrog --

Congrats on your weight loss so far.

I'm one of the newbies, just started my fifth week of core and I LOVE IT!

I refuse to count, journal, or eat teenie portions -- and I'm losing weight. I think you'll like core and this thread is great. The people here have been a fantastic help for me. I look forward to reading the postings every day and checking in with my Internet friends.

Enjoy your vacation and come back ready to lose the rest of your weight.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:21 PM   #7  
Melissa

Hi there! I'm only on my 2nd week of Core, but I do like it a lot. I tried to do Flex for several months and kept failing because I would eat too much. I am enjoying Core because its less stressful. And I'm so inspired by the women here who have done so well! Hope to have you join us soon!
Closed Thread