Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 01:08 PM   #1  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Exclamation Changes To Core Food List?

Anyone heard about this yet? Have a look at this:

http://www.weightwatchers.ca/community/mbd/post.aspx?page_size=25&rownum=7&threadpage_no=1&si ncedate=02%2f02%2f2005+12%3a00%3a00+AM&board_name= Weekly+POINTS(R)+Allowance+Tip+Exchange&thread_id= 3514431&board_id=753&forum_name=Message+Boards&for um_id=1&category_name=The+Lobby&thread_name=Anyone +get+new+Core+listing+yet%3f&mod_no=&daterange=2da ys&viewchange=OPENDATEDESC

Very interesting - will ask my leader at this weekend's meeting!!

Froufie
Old 02-03-2005, 01:21 PM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frouf, I couldn't get there with the link because it was too long to cut and paste. So I went to www.tinyurl.com and convereted it. So, anyone who wants to read it, use this link. http://tinyurl.com/4twkw. Now I'm gonna go read it and get back to you!
Old 02-03-2005, 01:25 PM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Yeah, Frouf, we got these changes a while ago. I didn't pull out my lists but they look the same. They took my FF Honey Dijon dressing off the Core List and my Chili Sauce that I use to make my homemade Thousand Island Dressing. I just count a point every time I use them now and keep right on eating them. I lost all along eating them and they aren't triggers for me. Was there something on the list that you didn't want to lose?
Old 02-03-2005, 04:27 PM   #4  
Card Carrying Princess

Thanks for the "resizing" Vickie - I could see some of the canned soups I liked (tho I have not had them yet)...and I see Quaker Oats on there? I have the instant plain packets - does that mean I can't have them anymore? There seem to be some varieties of couscous as well - but they look like prepackaged flavored ones....

Will see what I find out this weekend??? Anyone else heard of any major changes?

Froufie
Old 02-04-2005, 11:17 AM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

It's up to you, Frouf, on the oatmeal. If it hasn't been a problem for you then I wouldn't worry about it!
Old 02-04-2005, 11:45 AM   #6  
Card Carrying Princess

Ya - I agree I got the expanded Food Companion last week and was checking out the hot cereal section - seems the US version of instant Quaker Oats is core, while the Canadian version is not? Not sure why - unless there are different ingredients? (altho they are both the plain version?).

I don't really binge on oatmeal and have a single packet probably 4-5 times per week for breakfast so not a big deal - I have also used it a couple of times in ground beef recipes which call for breadcrumbs.....1 packet again - seems to work just fine!

I wish they would explain why they make these changes? When I got this book I went thru all the soups and was excited to see many of my favorites were core (e.g. Campbell's vegetable vegetarian) - now it seems this has been deleted from the list (and I never even had a chance to have some!).

Frouf
Old 02-04-2005, 12:37 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

I didn't eat many of the things on the list, but was sad to see the soups go too. I see no reason why they wouldn't be Core.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:29 PM   #8  
Kathy from Vermont

It might be because they had people not losing who were perhaps consuming a lot of canned soup. The sodium content could have caused them to remove this from the list and force people to use points thus they probably would eat less. I don't know if that makes sense but its the only reason I could figure for them removing them.

Kathy
Closed Thread