Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 06:51 AM   #1  

Default Doing Core in the UK

So - this is not available in the UK, probably not until the New Year. I have the details and would like to try it, allbeit in the US form. I don't want to do the standard WW Points Plan, have done it before and didn't like it.

Have emailed WW UK to ask whether I should a) join a UK meeting and do Core myself. Would this work, do you think, if I just 'pretended' to do it by the Points method? At least I would be actually attending meetings.

b) Join up (supposing I can) on the US Online scheme so I can do the Core Plan that way.

Heavens, rereading this I confuse myself!

Would be most grateful for any advice though!

Thanks - Louise
Old 09-05-2004, 09:00 AM   #2  
Janette

I think I have it straight. If you can join on-line in US, wonder if they will let you since you have to select a country?, you would have the information you needed. You would be paying double if you went to WW meetings also and wouldn't be able to get advise on how to work Core but you would have the "accountability" of having the weigh-in. Since Core has the 35 Alternative/Flex points you would still be getting accurate information on the points from the materials. Would be costly doing both ways though, I would think. You could just join the meetings and do Kelly's FLORE plan to begin with. Maybe she could give you details on how she works it. Then switch to Core in January when it becomes available. At least you wouldn't be wasting those precious 4 months by not doing anything. Good luck!
Old 09-05-2004, 09:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Do you have a pts slider???
Old 09-05-2004, 11:03 AM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou49
Would this work, do you think, if I just 'pretended' to do it by the Points method? At least I would be actually attending meetings.
How would they know what you were doing to lose your weight? I know people that have used Atkins as their weight loss program and attended meetings. It is not like they look at your journals or watch over your shoulder.
Old 09-05-2004, 07:33 PM   #5  
Gym'll fix it!!

Thats Hilarious..so basically they pay just to get weighed you can come around to my house and get weighed if you want and i'll only charge you half
Old 09-05-2004, 08:39 PM   #6  

oh my gosh Cathy I just burst when I read that...I pay $13/wk to have the old lady at my center work me over if I gain...I think she was in the army!

Other than that, she is sweet!
Old 09-06-2004, 12:54 PM   #7  
Gym'll fix it!!

Well, at least you get your money's worth Lisa
Old 09-06-2004, 02:31 PM   #8  

Hi Louise,

I'm a transplanted Canadian who knows both programmes and wanted to offer a little advice.

1. They probably won't let you sign up for the online programme as you need an address in that country which matches the address on your credit card bill. (this I know from experience)

2. Watch the 35 flex points because lots of points are different on the North AMerican programme. ie bread is 2 points, wine is 2 and beer is 3 (rather than 1.5) You might want to limit your extra points to 25 or less if you are eating lots of bread.

3. The points are calculated differently, taking fiber into account where we only measure saturated fat and calories.

Hope this helps. Good luck, Millie
Old 09-06-2004, 08:12 PM   #9  

a beer is 1.5 pts? I am moving!
Old 09-06-2004, 08:53 PM   #10  

Height: 5'7"

Lisa, need a roommate?

Some days that's all that keeps me from going
Closed Thread