3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Weekly Chat- Core/Simply Filling: Oct. 3-9 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/244421-weekly-chat-core-simply-filling-oct-3-9-a.html)

beach bum 10-06-2011 09:25 AM

Good Morning Ladies:)

Had a good night sleep no tossing and turning as I put an extra blanket on the bed and I slept like a baby. We had a good time at the Vineyard,but it was cold,wore one of Leo flannel shirts with a blouse underneath,just in case it got warmer I could remove,but the temps and rain started after our lunch and walk so we took the earlier ferry back.

SANDRA-Had a wonderful day over at MV even though it was a little cooler than we thought. Went over on the 12noon Ferries and go back on the 4:45 but when had to wait for the bus at WH which took us home later than expected.

Have to get going as I have another day away from home planned.

Have a great day

ontarget 10-06-2011 01:19 PM

Maryann, sounds like a fun day. Enjoy today, too.

A gf came out this am and we visited and shot some arrows. Others are coming this evening to do the same. Life is good.

Tejas 10-06-2011 08:33 PM

Very busy day: tap practice, yard work, gym, great nieces to Chuckie Cheese :dunno:, now home and very tired.

I'm going to walk the doggie and call it an early night.

Tomorrow I'm starting back to cardio, hoping that the knee will take it.

beach bum 10-07-2011 10:27 AM

Have Lots & lots of work to do,as I was out of the house for several days doing all sorts of things.Now I have to get back to the reality of house work,but before I do that I have a few errands to, run in the morning.

SANDRA-Thanks,I think I'm having too many days away from home and now everything is piling up. Going to the movies over the weekend.So I must get thing done today.

RHONDA=Be careful with your knee,don't over do it. My knee went out and now my hip is doing the same.Can't exercise like I did before but I'm not giving up just taking it easier.

Have to go as its running late and I have lots to do,have a great day

Tejas 10-07-2011 05:37 PM

Oh well, good intentions pave the road to you know where. Didn't get to gym today because I went to a seminar on nutrition and exercise. After I get the notes together, I'll send you a synopsis.

Off to a First Friday event this evening at the art gallery where I take classes.

ontarget 10-07-2011 05:40 PM

I subbed today. Curtis and I just got home from getting flu shots then having dinner at a Mexican restaurant. Not much else going on. I had a fajita salad minus the shell. No chips.

Vickie 10-08-2011 10:21 AM

Good Morning Chicks! Today is a day at home after a really hectic week. Lots of chores to do but I don't mind so much. Tomorrow should be a really lazy day at home and I'm looking forward to that too.

My toe is healing nicely and I'm just going through the after care drill now of soaking and medicine. I go back to the foot doctor on Monday so she can see how it looks.

Eating is not so good though the volumes are not bad. I do need to stop. I'm going to try to be good as gold until next Tuesday when I'm going for authentic Polish food with my Sister and BIL to celebrate our Mother's birthday. My Mom is no longer alive but my Sister and I celebrate her birthday in some way every year. Mom liked to go out to eat and we are going to one of her favorite restaurants. I plan to start with liver dumpling soup and go on from there. I just realized this morning that the holidays are coming and I need to lose more before the eating time comes. You would think with all the Santas on your profiles I would have remembered the holidays.

What are your weekend plans. Good luck to Sloan today. It's her Daughter's wedding day!

nancy237 10-08-2011 10:33 AM

Thinking of Sloan..Its a gorgeous day here..hope they have the same great weather.

My aunt took a bad fall yesterday and had to have surgery to repair her hard palate and nose. It could have been worse though because she is already coming home today. She will stay with my cousin for as long as she is willing.

My eating is so out of control..My son is home from college and eating favorites seems to be part of his visits ..

When he goes back I am considering replacing meals for a week with shakes and then 2 shakes & healthy dinner and then 1 shake & 2 good meals ..Has anyone had success this way. I think it might help to break my habits and let me learn one meal at a time.

beach bum 10-08-2011 10:44 AM

Well today I tackling my closets & chest of drawers and get the short sleeve tops and short sets back in the storage bins and the long sleeve tops and pants back in the closets and check of drawers. I'm also going to have my A/C taken down for the season as its getting cooler day by day.

Will post went I have more time

ontarget 10-08-2011 02:49 PM

Thinking of Sloan and wishing her the best of weather and fun today. This is a fantastic time of year for a wedding. I hope Sloan comes back when she gets some time.

Vickie, good for you for taking good care of your toe. I'll bet you're already feeling some relief. Enjoy your time with your sister Tuesday.

Nancy, I did Slim Fast for awhile but wasn't very dedicated. I've also done a doctor prescribed shake with the same results. You have more "to it'ness" than I have.

I have a hummingbird cake in the oven. One of our neighbors passed yesterday. We're taking one layer over for them and keeping the other for Curtis. It smells awesome! I got the recipe off the Duncan Hines website if you're interested.

My weightloss has stalled the last few days. I'm still op--and I'm still sf since June 2010. The weight should start to drop again before too long. (I need to exercise more.) Life goes on.

nancy237 10-08-2011 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontarget (Post 4063510)
You have more "to it'ness" than I have.

aren't you the funny one tonight... :lol:

If I had any "to it'ness" I wouldn't be 34 % body fat right now..

My only hope is to throw out all my food and lock myself in the house for a month...

Tejas 10-08-2011 06:27 PM

Off to the gym, finally.

I made a tasty dish for lunch:

chicken tenders
salsa (actually RoTel, but that's not available everywhere)
peanut butter
soy sauce
chicken broth

all cooked in the crock pot and served over brown rice.

I liked it. :hungry:

Vickie 10-09-2011 09:19 AM

Good Morning Chicks! I actually got on the scale this morning and I'm up 10 pounds. Yep....10. Doesn't take long for me. But, I'm back on program AND hungry so I guess that's a good sign.

Toe hurts and I'm glad I'm going to see the Foot Doctor tomorrow. Feels like it might be getting infected. We'll see. I hate that she's leaving on vacation after tomorrow's visit. Sigh. She'll have a backup I suppose.

Sandra, I always wanted to make a hummingbird cake. It was Oprah's favorite....with cream cheese icing. I can't even go there now! Did Curtis like his?

We are watering our lawn for the last time this season so we can turn off the sprinklers. We only have them in front so we had to buy a sprinkler for our sod in the back where the pool was. Jim is going to water the sod and all the new bushes we put in. You can see the pictures on my FB page in the album called good bye pool if you are interested.

I'm just hanging today. I have to make my applesauce. I did the laundry yesterday. We got great Michigan apples from a local small store. I bought JonaMac. Never had them before but the internet says they are great for sauce. I usually use Macintosh, or Honey Crisp, or Royal Gala. I bought 4 honey crisp to eat out of hand because they were too expensive to buy for sauce. Gotta watch those pennies.

Have a great Sunday.

Tejas 10-09-2011 09:20 AM

Nancy, the best diet is the one you will follow. Always. I went to a seminar on Friday conducted by two dietitians, one of whom is the dietitian for two Texas professional sports teams. She said that protein balance, that is get protein at every meal. She recommended 1.4- 1.8 grams of protein per Kg of body weight.

Tejas 10-09-2011 09:21 AM

Hi Vickie, I see we're both on-line. Don't fret the 10 pounds too much. You can do it. I can gain weight by smelling baked goods!