3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Weekly Chat- Core/Simply Filling: Aug. 22- 28 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/241418-weekly-chat-core-simply-filling-aug-22-28-a.html)

Tejas 08-22-2011 11:34 AM

Weekly Chat- Core/Simply Filling: Aug. 22- 28

:carrot:

New Pages!

I changed the Title to try to be more specific about the thread.

nancy237 08-22-2011 12:30 PM

Hey everyone..getting a slow start this monday (typical for me ) .
I had a fantastic weekend at the coast with my cousin. We ate great, explored,
walked on the beach and got some good rest also. She said it really helped her to be out of town on this difficult weenend . I will put some pics on my facebook later today.

Terrible storm last night with my electricity out for hours..

I gained a pound this weekend but I think it may be all the salty food I ate . Anywho...I am back on track now..

Maryann, please keep us posted. I am glad you are getting a dr appt. You haven't felt good all week. Is there someone there to take you to your appt.
Hugs !!!!

I have been working hard all day but then not sure how to use my evenings. That is when it gets the saddest. I decided to start painting my rooms which was way down on the list of projects. Its something I like and i can do some each evening.

beach bum 08-22-2011 12:43 PM

Good Morning Ladies:)

The tummy ache and runs are over. I guess my sister was right telling me to take pepto bismol. I didn't want to take meds as I HATE them and use them less possible. So I followed the BRAT diet for several days[banana,rice,applesauce and toast].This morning I had a real breakfast and boy did that taste good. Not going to the doctors like I planned,but I'm going to take it easy, eating light for the rest of the week.

RHONDA-Thanks for the new pages.

NANCY-Thanks for be so concerned about my weeks not feeling well,even though it took a week to get over it I don't feel I need the doctor at this point. Once i took the Pepto Bismol my tummy and runs disappeared.Glad you had a wonderful weekend on the beach. I love walking along the beach,hopefully I will do so some time this week.

My dinner is ready,have a great day

ontarget 08-22-2011 06:42 PM

Magnificent Monday, Chickies! Today has been stellar eatingwise. I made ham/beans, hominy, spinach, and cornbread along with some sliced onion, pickled beets, and Italian peppers for lunch. That'll be our "big" meal for the day. Tonight we'll split a sandwich for dinner. It feels awesome being back on a good eating plan.

Nancy, you're a busy lady. I admire you so much. You're a strong woman.

Maryann, glad you're feeling up to par.

Rhonda, thanks for the pages. That's a nifty title.

Just heard from my son. Our granddaughter is going to play volleyball this year for the first time. (7th Grade) We have our stadium seats and are good to go.

ontarget 08-22-2011 06:44 PM

I forgot to tell you that I'm down 2 pounds today. Got to go change my tracker!!

Tejas 08-22-2011 07:27 PM

Great news about the two pounds, Sandra. Way to go. I can't say the same.

Nancy, I've got painting that needs done. You're welcome to come over any time!

Maryann, glad that you are feeling better. I hate Pepto Bismol, but it works.

The trainer and I decided that I am not going to do ANY lower body exercises for 4 weeks and see if the swelling in my knee will go down. I'll lose strength, but well, I'm losing it anyway and my knee is swollen. I'll regain the strength.

In the meantime, I've got killer triceps and biceps :woohoo:

ontarget 08-22-2011 10:27 PM

Rhonda, I'm glad you're doing what you need to do--so you can do what you want to do. :hug:

jojo23 08-23-2011 01:44 AM

Maryann Glad you are on the mend, we were all worried

Welcome back Ems

No loss no gain for me this week

We finished decorating our bedroom yesterday, going for a new carpet tomorrow. We are both stiff as broomsticks:D

beach bum 08-23-2011 09:42 AM

Had to get up early this morning as my handy man is coming to fix the clog in the bathroom sink. I tried the vinegar baking soda boiling water method but it didn't work. I even tried the plunger,and that didn't work either. Wish Leo was around he would know what to do.

This afternoon my Friend Rita and I are going out for lunch. Wanted to go down to BBC but it will be too crowded with all the beach people hanging around so we agree going to the suburbs instead.

SANDRA- congrats:carrot: on your two pound loss.:carrot: Yes I feeling 90% better as I not eating like I did before my appetite has now has gone down for a while anyway,with nibbling here and there.Not making the big dinners like I used to either.I'm down to 164 the lowest I been in several years hope that it will stay around for a while. as I like to move my tracker down a notch.

RHONDA-I don't like it{PB} either I rather have the foods to help,but it didn't this time around.

JOJO-Thanks I fine but I'm going to try to stop this mass snacking with all this heat I tend to snack more. Now I bought a 1/2 watermelon that I cut in pcs and now I have a BIG BOWL in the refrig & when I feel like snacking I nipple on that.

Have a great day

ontarget 08-23-2011 03:30 PM

JoJo, in TOPS staying the same means you've "Turtled". That's a good thing. You're just sort of taking a pitstop on your journey.

Maryann, I haven't weighed 164 in years. Congratulations!

Tejas 08-23-2011 08:34 PM

I should tell you that a Canadian politician passed away yesterday. His name is Jack Layton and the internet is full of tributes to him. I was honored to know him and his widow personally. He was kind, compassionate, intelligent, articulate, passionate, honorable....possessing all the traits you would want a human to have. He will be sorely missed.

Tejas 08-23-2011 10:24 PM

Sandra, I meant to say that your meal sounded really good the other day. :hungry:

One of my nieces works in the DC area and had to be evacuated. But, nothing serious happened really.

I made another green shake and am becoming fond of having them. They are refreshing, nutritious, and filling.

Have a good night everyone.

jojo23 08-24-2011 02:29 AM

Tejas Friends of ours who now live in Quebec, are natives of Toronto and were huge jack Layton supporters. Thet are very upset that he has died, as are many people. What a wonderful tribute it is, to be so universally missed

beach bum 08-24-2011 09:24 AM

The handyman came over and only charge me $30 told my friend and she asked me for his phone # he such a nice guy and doesn't like taking advantage of the older folk. Told him that I'll be calling him in Oct when my A/C's will be coming out.

Rita and I were in 99 when the earthquake hit. My sister & DS called leaving a message on the phone saying that they felt it. My sister was at the computer and her chair rolled & she fell 1/2 way off.She thought she was going to faint. My son had a similar experience and even the President felt in in MV while golfing. SHE & I DIDN'T FEEL A THING.

SANDRA-Thanks,hope that it will continue going down,as my doctor now want my goal to be 150 instead of the original 140.

RHONDA-Sorry about the passing of your Canadian politician Jack Layton. Wish we had some gentlemen politicians here in America,most of them on both sides or the aisle I don't consider gentlemen. Gave up on all politicians and their LIES.

Have to go out and get some extra water and batter for my flashlights for Irene visit on Sunday.

nancy237 08-24-2011 10:30 AM

A bit worried about the hurricane coming as I am about 2 hrs inland from Atlantic Beach. A friend just came over to show me how to start our generator.
The biggest problem at my house is that we have tons of huge trees near the house. When Fran came thru the trees coming down were the worst part for Raleigh.

Went yesterday to take a bike to my son at school, now
I have a long To Do list today as I have been out of town some.

Take care girls !!!

Tejas 08-24-2011 12:08 PM

Nancy, thanks for the update about the storm. I was thinking about it, and you, Maryann, and Sloan (wherever she got off to these day :lol: )

Vickie 08-24-2011 12:10 PM

Nancy, I'll be praying for you! Storms scare the heck out of me.

jojo23 08-24-2011 12:41 PM

CRIKEY GIRLS:eek::yikes::yikes::stars::stars:

What with the trouble in Libya, the earthquake on your east coast and now the storm heading towards Pam and Nancy I just don't think I can take any more worry:dizzy:! Keep in touch now and let us know how you are

nancy237 08-24-2011 03:42 PM

JoJo..thanks for worrying !!
I didn't even feel the quake.
I was traveling to Charlotte so I may have just thought it was a rough road LOL.
I was talking to my son at the exact time and the call was dropped 1 minute after the quake time.

ontarget 08-24-2011 04:10 PM

Rhonda, he must have been a truly wonderful person. We need more heroes like him.

JoJo, we were all worried about you for awhile, too, what with the riots. I guess that's what friends do--worry about each other.

Nancy, Paula, Maryann, and anyone else on the east coast--my prayers are with you for a safe trip through the storm. Be careful!

I think Sloan is busy with wedding plans. Not sure.

I met an ex-4th Grader of mine today at Cracker Barrel. We had a great visit--and we both ate on program!!

pam920 08-24-2011 10:55 PM

Hey ladies. Hoping the storm misses all our east coast friends. jojo, I'm in KY and the storms are east of us.

congrats to all the losers this week. I gained 1 lb.

Havent had a chance to read everything, so I'll try to get back in morning.

jojo23 08-25-2011 02:42 AM

Well, that's a relief! take care now everyone.
We are sorting out cupboards today. 1 pile charity shop, 1 pile dustbin, 1 pile to keep. Lets hope we don't have a senior moment and get them mixed up.

Vickie 08-25-2011 09:22 AM

Good Morning Chicks! I'm wandering aimlessly and still trying to get my footing on plan. We ate much better yesterday and plan to have a good day today and all weekend.

As I posted on FB, someone destroyed our mailbox...AGAIN. I always have pretty ones so it's going to cost me about $350-$400 to replace it. How can someone do that and not come to a person's door and confess. Sigh. It's not life threatening but its upsetting and NOT what I have time to do right now. I'm in the middle of trying to contract a complete master bath remodel and get the pool and deck removed since the filter died last Saturday. The bath remodel should be fun but it's stressful because I didn't want to get it done but rather we have to as it's falling apart.

And I'm a stress eater. YIKES!!!!

Vickie 08-25-2011 09:24 AM

The good news is that I have put on my calendar as September 12th as being my date to return to WW meetings, NO EXCUSES. This not going to meetings never worked for me and it still doesn't. For me, not going to meetings evolves into not working the program.

Tejas 08-25-2011 10:08 AM

Ah, Vickie. Breathe :hug: And, congratulations on your decision to return to meetings.

Jojo, I've got those same piles in my living room. I'm having company in about 10 days and I hope I remember to get the piles moved :lol:

nancy237 08-25-2011 11:44 AM

jojo...I have big piles in my garage(Charity,Ask Kids, sell,trash) I am making better progress with my stuff by having a sorting area.

Vickie, I can relate to the bath redo. We had a leak, found out it was the tub
spout and water knob, was told the plumbing was old and had to be redone to fit new ones, need to redo tile to get to that...but I am doing it fairly cheap with a friend doing the tiling for me. I am going to use a granite remnant for the vanity top and keep the base I have .

Going to the movies this afternoon "The Help" and then to get the basics for an emergency kit. Our electricity goes out in normal storms quite often so it will be good to have candles, flashlight,cash,batteries, radio all together in one box.
The other night I was trying to use my cell phone light to find the candles & lighter.

beach bum 08-25-2011 12:06 PM

Hi Ladies:)

Getting ready for Hurricane Irene,suppose to get winds over 100 MPH when it hits northwest Ma. I got my patio table & benches against the grill and got the dolly wagon against the garbage cans,so I think I will be ok. Have all the food water and Gatorade in that I need. My car is in front of the house but TG I don't have any trees around me. I invited my friend Mary & Alice to my house just in case they are evacuated as they live next to a pond & harbor.

The weather channel told people if the power goes out to use twitter to get the info you need. I don't have a twitter and don't even know what it is.I'm glad a have Leo's weather station radio that goes to the National Weather station for alerts & weather information.

This afternoon My friend Mary and I are going to the movies to see "One Day" with Anne Hathaway & Jim Sturgess. My sister saw it Tuesday night and told me it was an 8 & a tear jerker so I'm bringing my 2 packs of tissues with me.

RHONDA-Thanks for thinking out us,Hate big storms and I scared of them also,but I have my faith that all things will be fine.

NANCY-Since you're alone for the first time, do you have anyone to stay with or near you????? The worst thing is that our weather media always like to ex-saturate[sp] the situation so lots of people are not going to believe them when the real storm comes. You're lucky you have a generator I don't and will have to rely on my manual can opener if the power go out but having cold soup & cold veggies.

SANDRA-Thanks,I think I got everything down packed.Now its the waiting. They say that the storm will reach us Sat Night into Sunday and Monday as its a slow moving storm.

PAM-Your lucky that you are going to miss the storm,that the only thing I don't like living directly on the coast,but our last storm was Bob in 1991,and i understand we had it bad than I was in NY at the time.

Have a great day

nancy237 08-25-2011 01:53 PM

Maryann..I think my frig would keep things at least cold between the freezer
and the frig side. I haven't checked about the gas & oil for the generator.
If my power were out I think I might shut the house up and go to Boone.

Could you use your grill to heat up soup & stuff ??

I should be doing more and if it hits us bad I will regret not stocking up more.
After my movie today I am going to get some stuff. Just sold my large freezer last week and I could have used it to stock up on ice for the ice chest .

We have so many trees that I am thinking about parking Robins truck up at the shopping center . Then at least I could get to it and have transportation.
I could get the smaller car in the garage.

My high school reunion is Friday & Sat night and I think they should reschedule it. People should not be traveling & out this weekend.

pam920 08-25-2011 06:46 PM

Stay safe everyone. I was in Florida a few years back when we had hurricane after hurricane. I'm more in the middle of the state and got the high winds, etc, rain, but nothing like the coast received. We got wind damage to the roof. Will be praying everyone is safe and sound.

Vickie, my eating is out of control too. I don't like the WW meetings here in KY, so when I get back to Florida, I'm going to start attending again. I loved the meetings in Florida, and the people were super nice. It got over crowded after the new year and that is why I quit going.

I wish someone would come here and get rid of my excess junk. I started organizing earlier and then gave up. Just too much stuff, lol.

ontarget 08-25-2011 07:06 PM

You girls in the storm's path be extra careful.

Vickie, ;) ;) ;). Now also take a deep breath. The remodeling, etc....will end before too long. (Easy for me to say, right?) We're starting an OA group at our church on Sept. 12. Coincidence?

I subbed today and had a grand time. The kids are cute. I had freshman and also senior English classes. Tomorrow--the same + pep rally. Don't know what happened to my school spirit. I will most likely duck out during pep rally and head home.

I am OP!! Life is good. Now I need to add exercise. Does walking down extremely long hallways count?

Tejas 08-25-2011 07:21 PM

Now that the storm is moving east one of my nieces is in the path: she lives in Virginia. She's savvy and will be allright I imagine. She'll probably go to the stable and be with the horses!

I'm off to a meeting of the city council in just a minute. I live on the Barnett Shale where there is a gas well every place you look. Some of us have had enough of that. If I'm not back, you'll know I'm in the pokey!

Tejas 08-25-2011 10:46 PM

I'm not in the pokey! It was a very civil meeting.

DH ordered a pizza tonight. I had to have a piece, and, of course, part of a light beer. Enjoyed it immensely.

jojo23 08-26-2011 03:46 AM

What's happening? We saw pictures of Irene on TV last night. Hope you girls are safe.

Forgot to say: Where are you Ems? I'm the only one flying Y Ddraig Goch on here, and I'm based in England

beach bum 08-26-2011 09:02 AM

Well I'm prepared for the storm as much as I can.Got all my supplies,now I'm worrying about the patio.My sister told me at at 100 MPH wind the stuff on my patio will go though my window like a speeding bullet,but I can't move the heavy stuff. I guess I will have to take my chances.

Tonight I have to go to a trustee meeting,and I really don't feel like going.They say its a emergency meeting,but changing the lawn service to me is not an emergency.

Yesterday my friend Mary and I saw "One Day" with Anne Hathaway. My friend & I didn't care for it, we gave it 4 my sister gave it a 8. The story to us was too slow,and didn't make sense.

Well I'm going to try to get the stuff off the patio,have a nice weekend if I don't get back on the board by Monday's new week you know I lost power.

Tejas 08-26-2011 09:59 AM

Maryann: I was thinking about the stuff on the patio also. Perhaps your handyman could anchor it with chains or cables?? Now, don't go take walks on the beach :lol:

Seriously, good luck.

nancy237 08-26-2011 10:43 AM

Maryann,

I am wonderiung about just turning the tables over would help if you can do that.
The wind would have less surface to blow against.

Another trick i heard about is to turn your frig & freezer thermostat a bit colder than normal. If power goes out the cold will last longer .

If you have internet give us an update as we will be worried til we hear.

I have left way to much til today, moving stuff from yard, getting lights for my handyman tomorrow & getting something to wear for my reunion tonight.
I really wish they would postpone the reunion. Here we have lots of flooded roads when we get lots of rain and that may be the biggest danger along with downed trees.

Vickie 08-26-2011 11:33 AM

Thanks for the support, Chicks! I'm trying to breathe here.

Mary Ann and Nancy, please be safe.

ontarget 08-26-2011 06:26 PM

Girls, be safe and keep us posted. We'll definitely be glued to the TV to see what's happening.

Rhonda, I'm glad you're not in the pokey. We're tired of all the drilling and stuff, too, including gas trucks and earthquakes as well as the unsightlyness.

Did I spell that correctly?

Vickie, I'm glad you're breathing. It won't be long till the 12th. Hang in there. I hope all goes well with all the projects ya'll have going.

Tejas 08-26-2011 10:14 PM

Sandra, some of the towns up here are having some success in getting ordinances and regulations toughened up to protect the citizens. Folks, living where they think fracking for gas is going to save us is quite an adventure, to put it very mildly.

We went out to dinner and I had a margarita and spinach enchiladas. I scraped the cheese off the top and didn't eat too many chips before the meal. I'll pay for it, but it was so good.

I had a massage today and I think my knee is a bit less swollen. Tomorrow, I am going to have acupuncture.

nancy237 08-27-2011 03:07 AM

Its getting really gusty here tonight, I can't sleep. I forgot to look for a radio so I am going to try to find one I have somewhere.

All this makes me miss Robin more than normal. He would be super prepared and I would be sleeping like a baby knowing he had everything under control.

None of my kids have called to check which makes me feel sorry for myself..
I just need to get over that...