3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Weekly Chat- Core/Simply Filling: Aug. 22- 28 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/241418-weekly-chat-core-simply-filling-aug-22-28-a.html)

Tejas 08-27-2011 07:41 PM

I exchanged messages with Sloan. They're not getting anything from the storm, so that's good. I heard from my niece that the rain is fierce, but not much wind yet (She's in Maryland.) Two friends in Manhattan are just waiting. Thank goodness it is calming down.

Hang in there Maryann and Nancy.

I'm going to the opening of a new art show tonight, where I have some jewelry for sale.

This afternoon, I watched on live-stream Jack Layton's funeral in Toronto. I'm quite sad about the loss of this wonderful man and politician. The funeral was really respectful of his life and quite a tribute to him and his beliefs. I know the officiant personally and used to attend his church so it was particularly moving for me to watch.

nancy237 08-28-2011 12:47 AM

I think the storm is just now hitting Maryland.

It is finally calm here in Raleigh ,NC. Lots of small limbs down but no big trees in my yard. I have been on a roll with cleaning out spaces & taking it all to the garage where I am sorting it for Charity or sale pile. I have a huge pile of clothes in my floor (mostly mine) that I will sort tomorrow.

I am thinking about going to church tomorrow and going to the singles group.
I would love to meet some girls that would like to do things around town. We have lots of outdoor concerts and such but I hate to go alone. When I was in that group before (where I met Robin) the guys made stalkers out of themselves and could not take hints so I wonder if that is still true. Of course I am much older so I am probably flattering myself to think that could be a problem. When Robin called me that first time he said " I don't want to be one of the "pest" guys but would you like to go to dinner? Cute I thought. He was sweet on me very fast and it took me a while to come around LOL

jojo23 08-28-2011 03:34 AM

According to our TV coverage, Irene wasn't as bad as was thought. She looked quite stroppy enough to me.
Some people have been on the news saying the US government overreacted and people were needlessly evacuated. Now I'm no fan of any government but I feel in this case, they were damned if the did, damned if they didn't. I'm glad they came down on the side of caution.

Maryann
Can we come beachcombing with you this morning? There will be some good pickings on that beach. Mark beachcombs for interesting shaped and textured wood, I love shells and pebbles. See you at 10am I'll bring the coffee:D

beach bum 08-28-2011 09:07 AM

Hi Ladies:)

I'm fine woke up to heavy winds around 8AM and Alice will b here in just a few Minuets. Thanks for the prayers,I more concerned with my DD and family and my DS. DD told me this morning that she had 3 huge trees go down one near the gas tanks on the corner of her house the other two one on the driveway and the other broke a wall near the play area. My DS's bathroom collapsed.He can only use the toilet but the tub and sink are gone.He called the landlord,as he lives in a apartment.

So far we are getting the winds but I don't have any trees around us.We still have our power but I hear not for long,so I will try to post time to time though out the day if i don't you know I lost my power.

Have a great day

Vickie 08-28-2011 09:36 AM

Praying for you and my family in NJ, Mary Ann.

nancy237 08-28-2011 11:11 AM

Maryann, That sounds pretty intense with your kids. I forgot exctly where they are . Prayers

JoJo ..I am thinking the beach walking may be tomorrow morning.

I am going to lunch with my daughter & family, and we are going to come back here and rip out the old tile from my hall bath. Getting that bathroom done will be great. I have had a hole in my kitchen ceiling since April due to the leak at that tub.

News reporter on Fox just now standing right at the water was scolding some people for being out in this & saying thay could get hurt. Kinda funny when she is out right by the water.

Vickie 08-28-2011 11:37 AM

Nancy, I'm glad you weathered the storm. It's nice that you are handy and can save yourself some money. We have to pay people because we can't do it ourselves.

jojo23 08-28-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nancy237 (Post 4010210)
Maryann, That sounds pretty intense with your kids. I forgot exctly where they are . Prayers

JoJo ..I am thinking the beach walking may be tomorrow morning.

I am going to lunch with my daughter & family, and we are going to come back here and rip out the old tile from my hall bath. Getting that bathroom done will be great. I have had a hole in my kitchen ceiling since April due to the leak at that tub.

News reporter on Fox just now standing right at the water was scolding some people for being out in this & saying thay could get hurt. Kinda funny when she is out right by the water.

We saw that report on out news over here... 'Dear pot, love kettle' wasn't it?
Keep your heads down girls

ontarget 08-28-2011 04:26 PM

Glad you Chickies are safe. I was worried about cha.

Maryann, I am sorry your kids had destruction but am thankful they are safe.

JoJo, I'm glad for the precautions, too. Sometimes I worry folks will not take future events seriously, but it's still good to be extra careful. One time not being careful is too many.

I weighed this morning and was down another 2 pounds. Nothing to get excited about. I had done some regaining recently so this has to be fluid. But I'll take a fluid loss any time.

Rhonda, how did you do last night?

nancy237 08-28-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojo23 (Post 4010349)
We saw that report on out news over here... 'Dear pot, love kettle' wasn't it?
Keep your heads down girls

Exactly Glad it wasn't just me that thought so.

jojo23 08-28-2011 08:03 PM

It's 1am here on Monday morning and we haven't got to bed yet. We have a dreadful gale blowing. Thank goodness, we had all our trees near the house pruned on Saturday. Someone across from us hasn't been so lucky and has a tree across their front fence, but no damage to the house. Today is a public holiday and the forecast is for a 'bright warm but breezy day!' I put my washing out earlier on, Himself has just battled to the line and got in what remains! Off to bed now, night night all

ontarget 08-28-2011 10:13 PM

JoJo, I hope you don't have any damage from those winds. It's still sweltering here in Texas.

nancy237 08-28-2011 10:27 PM

My weekly late Sunday night post hahah

I am not losing at all..

It seems any carbs make me want more carbs which make me want more carbs.

I am going to try Low Carb...

So eggs, protein shakes, lean meats & dairy & salads..

jojo23 08-29-2011 03:55 AM

New pages up and running