3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   New pages weekly chat August 15th - 21st (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/240889-new-pages-weekly-chat-august-15th-21st.html)

jojo23 08-15-2011 02:43 AM

New pages weekly chat August 15th - 21st

Morning Gang!

I'm 2 pounds down so its a Happy Monday for me

Tejas 08-15-2011 09:00 AM

Congratulations Jojo!

So, we have a new week in front of us. I'm looking forward to it and I hope that you all are.

I began my morning with eating a fresh peach and drinking a great cup of coffee. I'm going to spend my day organizing my crafts room and going to the gym. :woohoo: What are you folks doing?

Vickie 08-15-2011 09:33 AM

Good Morning Chicks!

I'm up two pounds. I'm off to contemplate.

pam920 08-15-2011 09:56 AM

Morning chicks. I'm down 2.6. Would have seen a better number, but bought a can of cashews for my hubby and I can't quit eating them. He better hurry home or they will be gone.

Good job jojo.

Rhonda, I got up late this morning. Getting ready for my second cup of coffee.

Vickie, get up, brush off the dust, and move forward.

It's cloudy today, but I'm enjoying these cooler temps. Been a long hot, humid summer. Hopefully my husband will be returning home today.

I'll check back later to see how everyone has done the past week.

jojo23 08-15-2011 11:12 AM

Nothing very exciting I'm afraid Tejas. This morning we both went into town, got some new light shades ( slivers of white shell and mother of pearl) for the next room we decorate. Then I bought 2 pairs of slippers in a sale. We had a coffee and came home. We had had a late breakfast (meusli, half a bagel with no butter, but a bit of grapefruit marmalade) so lunch was soup and a roll. We were out again this afternoon, going for everything we forgot this morning:D It is now just gone 4pm and I'm thinking of getting tea underway for 5.30pm. I'm having a 'good for you' pasta bake and Mark is having a steak but NO fries. I have made a fresh fruit salad for afters.
Probably spent this evening, after we have brushed Dolly, watching TV or listening to the radio. Watch a video for an hour or so in bed and then off to the land of nod.

nancy237 08-15-2011 12:11 PM

I am getting a slow lazy start to this week. Slept late and then have been chatting with friends on the phone & drinking coffee. I am picking up my grandson from his first day of school at 2:30 and taking him to get some school clothes. If he doesn't have homework he is going to help me with some mulch & yard work. I'll let him mow the grass with grandpas John Deer, that will thrill him.

Vickie 08-15-2011 12:32 PM

I'm up and brushing. Not moving forward yet but I intend to.

beach bum 08-15-2011 01:05 PM

Hi Ladies:)

Had a bad night and I didn't get up until 9:30.TG I made my bank appointment. Cashing out a CD and putting it into another bank.We getting some heavy rain for the next two days,but the crowds are still around.thought they would be gone by now, but the President is going to be here at MV starting Thursday 8/18 so I guess a lot of people will hang around here until He leaves. The ferries to the Vineyard start at Wood Hole. No Peanut butter club for me this week.The video is about the Black Tide Voice of the Gulf.Pt 1 and next week will be part 2.

Going to look over my new cookbooks again and see what meals I will be preparing for this week. The recipes are easy and I have most of the ingredients.

JOJO-Thanks for the new pages and congrats :carrot:on your 2 lb loss.

RHONDA-Like I mentioned above,don't like to too to much like the song says "Rainy Day and Mondays get me Down" Always like to rest on Monday and do as little as possible. I had waffles & brown & serve breakfast sausages w) S/F Apple sauce and soy milk in my tea.

VICKIE-Sorry:sorry: about your gain,but it could be lots of things other than the diet.

PAM-Congrats:congrat: on your 2.6 loss you doing great for the Christmas Challenge.

NANCY-Looks like a lot of us are on a slow start today. Have to start my dinner as it is 1 PM.

Have a great day

jojo23 08-16-2011 03:05 AM

Morning all. Well, its a very exciting day for me:( catching up with housework. The only downside about black labs is that they shed a lot. We have to hoover every day because of it.

The awfully hot muggy weather ended in rain last night so today is much fresher. Is it just me, or are the nights drawing in?

beach bum 08-16-2011 09:48 AM

Good Morning Ladies:)

Its going to be a better day than we had yesterday with a few sprinkles here & there. Have to get to the store to buy some staples that I ran out of. Will try to get down to the beach as see if can walk for a while,not being able to with all the tourist around this past weekend.

JOJO-Here in the states we have a info commercial where you can get a pet blanket that stops all that shedding when it on the sofa or anyplace you want your pet to lay on. I think Harriet Carter.com may have something similar.No its not you the days are getting shorter up here also,and the summer is almost come to a close too.

Have a great day

jojo23 08-16-2011 11:29 AM

I'm sorry I'm having a moan, but if you can't moan to your friends who can you moan to?.

I was asked by the home to call and see my mum this afternoon because she was very upset. She was convinced there was a young girl in her bathroom being kept prisoner by some of the staff and being starved. When I got there, her obs chart was all over the shop... erratic pulse, high B/P, hyperventilating shaking and blue around the mouth. I told her that I had brought the police with me and they were hiding at the front of the home, Mark would keep the 'bad' staff talking and I would sneak the girl out to safety. I put mum to sit in the garden while I 'did the deed'. I gave it a few minutes and took her ino the bathroom to show her all was well again. She calmed right down and was sitting quietly and peacefully when I left her. The senior member of staff asked me where I had learned that skill.... from my mum who used it effectively on many confused patients over the years. Ironic isn't it? And for specially trained staff they don't know much do they? This home is the best in the county with a 5 star excellence rating. God knows what the rest are like

ontarget 08-16-2011 01:02 PM

Good morning, Chickies. My weight stayed the same this week. I had been off to a good start then fizzled this weekend. Speaking of this weekend, our internet service went down Friday night and "Logan" (isp guy) came out earlier today and got us up and running. I was in withdrawal. Other than that I overheated Saturday while being outside over 4 hours. It was scarey. I didn't feel good till late yesterday. I'm all right (and wiser) now.

JoJo, you are a wise woman. Strong, too. That episode with your mum had to be upsetting for both you and Mark. Sounds like you taught the staff some things, too. Maybe they'll know what to do next time; but I'm with you. They should have already been trained.

Kudos to you for losing those 2 pounds. I like your little Santa markers. Visuals are good boosters. When I lose, I'll copy you. Thank you for the idea. See? You taught this "old dieter" something, too.

Pam, kudos to you for losing over 2 pounds. I'm impressed you have cashews left. They'd be gone around here.

Vickie, I'm dusting, too. I'm even counting today as my day 1 for this week and am wiping Monday out of my mind. Couldn't dust it all off.

Rhonda, a peach sounds juicy. We have plums and, of course, more Ranier cherries.

pam920 08-16-2011 09:12 PM

hi all. Just realized I didn't make it in here today. Got my hair trimmed this morning.

jojo, glad you were able to bring peace to your mom. Maybe the next time the staff will be able to handle it. Ironic indeed.

Sandra, the cashews are gone. I should know better than to bring them into the house. You should not be out in that heat for 4 hrs. What were you thinking?

Maryann, yes, summer is almost gone. I am looking forward to the cooler weather.

Tejas 08-16-2011 10:44 PM

Sandra! 4 hours in the heat. You have gone daft, girl. Stay inside :coach:

I've lost a few pounds, finally. Maybe it's the 100 grams of carbs a day.

nancy237 08-16-2011 11:20 PM

JoJo...good thinking..

Pam..I can't have certain things around because I am helpless around them. Cashews would be one.

Sandra.. 4 hours..I am with Rhonda..Have you gone Daft :dizzy: Glad you are okay.

Maryann..Do you plan your recipes each week.
I need one set day I plan my weeks meals & then shop the next day,
I have never had a routine because every week used to vary so much but it would help me now.

I woke up this morning and my cat had a swollen face and was in a daze & not really responding to me like usual. My vet said they were swamped and i could leave him in a cage to be seen later. Told them it might be time to change vets if they had gotten too busy to see emergencies. Went to my neighbor's clinic (they are both vets). They felt it might have been a spider or bee sting. He seemed better in just 10 minutes after pain meds & a benydryl shot. His temp was 104. He is still not himself but is much better.
I have antibiotics & pain meds to give him & I need to watch his temp. He needs a broken tooth to be surgically removed soon but they are thinking its unrealted to that. My brother is a vet in another state so I may go see him this weekend so he can do the dental surgery which will save me about $500.

I am going to visit my son tomorrow and help him get settled into his college apartment.

Tejas 08-17-2011 08:35 AM

Good Morning:

Jojo, I really enjoyed your story about your Mum. What a clever way to help her feel better.

Nancy, sorry to hear about your cat, but glad to hear that you got a response from someone. I hope it all works out.

We're going out to lunch today for Mexican food. That's always a challenge!

beach bum 08-17-2011 09:49 AM

Good Morning Ladies:)

We have a great day the temps & humidity is down. Going out to dinner at a great restaurant with Mary this afternoon. Its her annual company's dinner and she had a extra ticket. My other friends are busy with family or company left over from the road race.

SANDRA-Be care to stay our of the heat..especially with the temps being so high in your area

PAM-Can't wait for the cooler weather coming our way. Fall the the best time of the year,but don't tell the tourist that.

NANCY-I used to plan for the whole week b-l-d meal but since I alone just plan the main meals as I love to cook and I have to have an idea of what ingredients I have in the house and which ones I have to buy.

Have to go, have a great day

ontarget 08-17-2011 11:57 AM

Nancy, I am glad you got some help with your cat. You're right. Emergency cases should come first.

Rhonda, kudos for losing. I've been struggling this week. I'm blaming it on overheating. It couldn't be my love affair with food.

Pam, I talked with my OA sponsor this week. We've taken me off almost all sf products. I couldn't have resisted those cashews either.

JoJo and Vickie, how are you girls doing?

You ladies are right. I am daft. We've already made a pledge to "NOT" do this next month at the other association's 2 day state championship. That one would be about 5 hours a day for 2 days. I think I would die. Curtis andI are both still weak as kittens; however, we're taking the grands to see "Apes" today. This will be my 2nd time to see it.

Look at my temperature thingee below if you're curious.

Tejas 08-17-2011 06:32 PM

Sandra, glad to hear that you are taking care of yourself, and Curtis.

I can't even really handle being out in the early mornings when it's cooler. Maybe I'm just really spoiled now, or I got more used to Canadian weather than I thought I was.

I had a plan drawn for landscaping my yard, and it was costed out at $8,000. What a laugh, so that won't be done...certainly not in one year. :lol:

We had Mexican food and I ate very high carb. Of course, that's not hard to do. I was so sleepy afterwards that I had to take a 2 hour nap.

ontarget 08-17-2011 06:43 PM

Rhonda, the hot weather used to bother us more here, too, when we would come down from Montana. I think a lot of the problem is the high humidity.

Mexican food sounds delish!

We had a great time at the movie. I highly recommend the "ape" movie if you are into SyFy types.

Vickie 08-17-2011 08:31 PM

I have one leg back up on the wagon.

nancy237 08-18-2011 01:56 AM

My cat is doing great, & I had a nice visit with my son today helping him set up his apartment.

Selling my big deep freeze in the morning.
I have a 20lb turkey in there that I am going to have to defrost & cook.
Thats alot of turkey for me !!
I am looking forward to shopping once a week for just the foods I will eat that week & not having so much food on hand.

My cousin wants to get out of town this weekend because its the 2nd anniversary of her husbands death. We may visit the coast.

I ate smart today for being on the road, protein shake in am, 1/2 sub at lunch and cereal tonight after getting home.

jojo23 08-18-2011 03:32 AM

The only way I will lose weight this week, is by amputating a leg:D I have a lot on my mind, and am one of those people who, if they are worried about something, gain rather than lose weight. The good metabolism fairy was not present at my christening I can tell you.

Autumn (Fall) is certainly just around the corner. There was a definite nip in the air first thing and, when I was driving home last evening, they trees had a bit of a yellow tint to their leaves. Any day now, the shops will start playing carols. They are already selling Christmas cards and 2012 calendars, and as for clothes, for weeks the winter stock has been on sale.

Good news about your cat Nancy

pam920 08-18-2011 09:27 AM

morning chickiedoodles.

Nancy, good to hear your kitty is doing better. I seem to eat better when I'm home alone.

Rhonda, $8000 is a little steep. Does that include sod? Wow.

Sandra, are you saying you are eating sugar again?

jojo, I'm not doing too well this week either. I don't think I'll see a loss come Monday.

Vickie, boosting you up, to get that other leg in there, lol.

Maryann, hope you had a great time at the dinner.

I go back to Dr. today to get that mole removed. It is so strange. I noticed the mole last winter in Florida. It would get big, then small, then big, then small. When I went to my primary dr., it was pretty big. By the time I got in to see the surgeon, it had gone down a lot. Now, it's still there, same size in diameter, but it's barely raised right now. I'm still going to see him. I wish he would have done a biopsy last week. I hate for him to cut a chunk out and it not be basal cell. If it is basal cell, I hope he gets it all in one shot. I am trying to think positive and praying it's nothing. I watched a video of what they do and I have a phobia about needles, and I think that is what is freaking me out more than anything.

I'll be back tonight, if I'm up to it to report on what happens. Have a great day.

nancy237 08-18-2011 09:31 AM

sending prayers Pam..
keep us posted

nancy237 08-18-2011 09:34 AM

Stole this from a facebook post....

I just figured out why I'm overweight....The shampoo I use in the shower that runs down my body reads, "For extra volume and body". Gonna start using Dawn dish soap. It reads, "Dissolves fat that is otherwise difficult to remove.
:lol:

beach bum 08-18-2011 10:45 AM

Hi Ladies:)

:^:Not feeling well,going out to pick up some BRAT foods and meds.Than I might go back to bed or stay on the couch all day. :^:

See you guys in the morning.

jojo23 08-18-2011 01:31 PM

PAM Please let us know ASAP. I'm sending possitive waves in your direction.

Are you a Florida snow bird, or there all year round?

pam920 08-18-2011 03:02 PM

I'm back. jojo, I have a house in KY and FL. My legal residence is FL. I would love to sell the house in KY but our housing market stinks right now, so we have to hang on to it.

Went to dr. I had him look at it and he agreed it has shrunk considerably. He said it was Actinic Keratosis (precancer) and did cryosurgery (liquid nitrogen). Said it will take on many forms in the next 4 weeks. Don't be concerned, and it should be gone at the end of 4 wks. If it returns, then I need to see him again. I'm hoping that is what it is. This type is a precancer and usually turns into squamous cell carcinoma. I am still going to see a dermatologist when I get to Fl and have them do a complete exam on my skin. I have more spots that concern me. So, thanks for the prayers. I'm a happy camper at the moment.

nancy237 08-18-2011 03:23 PM

Good news Pam..
Maryann..wish I could bring you some chicken soup..rest & feel better.

The guy that came for my freezer turned out to be a local sheriff deputy.
I love having that space in my garage. I had more in it than I thought but I got it all in the frig/freezer and will eat it in a few weeks. looking forward to shopping one week at a time.

My cousin and I decided to splurge and stay at a really nice Bed and Breakfast in Georgetown, SC this weekend. Splitting the costs makes it not so expensive.
Don't plan to diet much this weekend, except to avoid most sweets (not my weekness anyway) & not to stuff myself.

ontarget 08-18-2011 03:33 PM

Pam, that's wonderful news. I am so happy for you. I'm not into sugar. It's still been over a year since I've had a sugar dessert. Thank you for asking.

Nancy, your weekend getaway sounds like fun. You ladies enjoy yourselves and pamper yourselves all you can.

JoJo, it gives me hope hearing that autumn is knocking on your door. I'm so tired of this summer heat.

Vickie, I have one leg up, too. Just finished making CORE pudding.

Maryann, wish I had some chicken soup for you, too. Take care.

Rhonda, where art thou, Cuz?

Tejas 08-18-2011 06:00 PM

:wave:

Just lost my post in cyber space....back after a nap :yawn:

Tejas 08-18-2011 11:39 PM

What a good nap I had. I went swimming with my niece tonight also, and that was really nice. I also increased the weight in my workout this morning and have some serious triceps now :lol:

I'm glad to hear that your cat is better, Nancy, and I hope you have a good trip this weekend.

Pam, I share the relief about your medical situation. Hopefully, you will not have any more trouble with this.

Maryann, feel better!!

I didn't do so well with my eating today. I was out at some meetings and should have taken food with me. But, all in all, I'm doing well. I made a green shake yesterday and I've got to do more of that. I put 2 cups of spinach, a cup of parsley, 1 apple, 1 cup of low-sodium V8 juice in a food processor and then drink it. It is good, and it is obviously healthy. I recommend it to you.

jojo23 08-19-2011 02:11 AM

Pam That is wonderful news. You know, we all hope we win the lottery but when you get the all clear on a health issue that has worried you, you realise there are some things money can't buy.

Nancy We have a huge freezer in our shed. Now we are downsizing, we are trying to run it down and make do with the little upright one under the fridge in the kitchen. Then they have meat on special in the supermarket, or someone gives us vegetables from their garden... it goes on and on, a vicious circle and for the year we have been trying to empty it, we still haven't got to the bottom.

How are you now Maryann? Keep in touch

A fish pedicure centre has opened in town. We are going to give it a go next week. Mind you, that's all supposing that it isn't done in the shop front, because Mark says he's damned sure he's not going to have it done with the world and his wife looking in! I'll try and post a link under this so that you can have a look at it, and a blinking good laugh imagining us two sitting there.

www.drgarraspa.com

beach bum 08-19-2011 10:30 AM

GOOD MORNING LADIES:)

FEELING A LOT BETTER TODAY BUT I HAD TO TELL ALICE THAT I COULDN'T GO OUT FOR CHINESE LAST NIGHT. LOST A COUPLE OF POUNDS NOT EATING,HOPE I CAN KEEP IT DOWN FOR TOMORROW'S OFFICIAL W-I.CROWDS ARE STILL HERE THOUGHT THEY WOULD GO AFTER THE ROAD RACE.

PAM-Sorry I wasn't on the board yesterday to wish and pray for you .Hope the mole biopsy isn't cancerous. I have a mole from the day I was born on my left chin bone,and I still have it but it never changed size or color.Thanks I did have a good time at the dinner,didn't know any one but my friend Mary,but I did have a great time anyway. Oh Pam I so happy to hear that the mole was removed hoping now that it will be the end of that.I agree to see your Fla doctor when you get back.It will give you peace of mind.

NANCY-Sorry about your cat,and the expense of the vet. My cat 20 years ago had to have her tooth out and they kept her over night as they had to cut her face and that cost $300.But it was worth it,as she was suffering and won't eat.After that when ever I had no troubles getting drops or meds & she had a opening that I could get them in. Nancy I had to giggle:lol: when I read your shampoo & dis detergent joke.Thanks Nancy,[BRAT] Banana,Rice,Apple Sauce and Toast was my stable diet for the day along with chicken soup.

SANDRA-Thanks I feeling a lot better but I going to take it easy with what I eat.

RHONDAThanks, your green shake sounds interesting. I made a tomato salad and read somewhere that watermelon added to a tomato salad has a very refreshing salad. Have to try them both.

JOJO-Thanks I was feeling find ,until I saw the website you posted :lol: No I think I still go to my foot doctor. No fish nibbling on my feet.

Have a great day

Tejas 08-19-2011 10:43 AM

Fish pedicure. Hmm, I didn't know that fish had toes. OK, OK, I looked at the link. I'll be interested to hear about it. I could only think that no one who grew up swimming in muddy lakes and streams would be able to let anything nibble on their toes :lol:

Now, how's this for Texan...we might go to the opening night of the North Texas Rodeo tonight. It will depend upon the heat.

ontarget 08-19-2011 11:17 AM

Rhonda, you and Doyle are more adventurous than we are. Be careful in that heat. Your green drink sounds interesting. I'll bet it was filling. I like all those ingredients. I may try it. Thanks for the head's up. I'll print it out.

Maryann, glad you're better. I'd take a weightloss for being sick one day. Now 2 days might be different. Don't know if I'd be all right with that.

JoJo, I'm going to go take a peek. Sounds interesting.

Vickie, ;) ;) ;)

I am feeling worse today than I have the last 2. Don't know if it's from the heat problems from Saturday or not. I do know I'm in for the day. Rhonda, be careful.

Tejas 08-19-2011 03:21 PM

I rather doubt that we are really going. In fact, I'm taking another nap!

I went to a meeting where huge Mexican burritos were served. I carefully ate around the rice, ate the meat, and ate only a small amount of the tortilla. :woohoo:

ontarget 08-19-2011 03:48 PM

I highly recommend a night at the movies if ya'll decide to go out. I've seen the "Apes" movie twice. My kind of movie. I also heard "The Help" is good, too.

Mexican food sounds good. We just got home from the Friday Fish Fry.

I'm having a girls' day out tomorrow in Fort Worth. We're going to an OA Workshop. Should be fun.

ontarget 08-19-2011 03:49 PM

Yikes! I hope my temperature thingee is wrong. It's saying 121*! I know it's hot--but it's not that hot!!