S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Chat: January 31- February 6

New Pages
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:46 AM   #2  

Erialicia. What shall we call you? You will find the information that you need from the people on this board. I don't really follow what WW is doing, but some people here know the latest. We're friendly and unfailingly supportive.

Now, just a minute here, Vickie..blaming Texas for your winter weather. And Pam, Sandra and I aren't personally responsible for Texas weather. It's our governor's job

Last week I measured my food very carefully and didn't eat any of the commercial energy bars or such. I lost two more pounds. I don't know if the changes made it happen, but they couldn't have hurt.

Rhonda

ps: I've got the sinus crud now, Sandra.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:50 AM   #3  
focused and aiming

Alicia. Is that what I should call you? Rhonda's right. This is a good place for info. I am curious as to why you don't like the new program's Simply Filling. (Or is it called Power Food?) I thought it looked pretty good what with allowing diet bread. I'm doing P+ but am eating mainly CORE foods. I need the portion control. At the top of the main page here, there's CORE info. That should help answer some of your questions. Other than that, just ask us and we'll help all we can.

Rhonda, congratulations on losing those 2 pounds. I'm sorry you have the crud. If you don't mind being "drunk", take some Claritin D. That's what I did for 1 day. It helped me and now I'm not taking anything.

Vickie, what's up with this weather? I'm scheduled to sub for a tennis coach tomorrow and am hoping I get cancelled. I can't imagine his having a tennis tournament tomorrow. If I have to go, I'm hoping to get home before the roads get iced over.

I'm at my son's now keeping our granddaughters who have a holiday from school today. We're leaving in a few minutes to go to Cracker Barrel then we'll be off to do some shopping. I need a red top to match my red bow and feathers. Those who don't know me I'm not talking about a feather boa.

Have a great day, everyone. BBL
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:04 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Alicia -- I started back on WW a couple weeks ago. I loved the original core program but didn't like the last version and stopped following it for a long while. I went to couting calories and did well for me. I looked into the new program and did rejoin because following the Simply Filling Technique is basically (as far as I can tell) the original core program. There are a few things that are no longer on the food list (now called power foods) -- avacados, olives, ketchup are a few I've found. But its eating lean meats, veggies, fruits and ff dairy. The weekly points are more as they are now off the new formula. HTH!!

Rhonda, I'll follow the others with blaming you on the weather! I think the storm hitting Vickie is heading our way. Lucky us get to have 2 storms this week -- one Tuesday afternoon till evening then Wed am through pm. Only about 9 inches of snow on Tuesday followed by freezing rain then snow on Wed. Ahhhh, the joy of New England winters! I'm packing my bag and coming down - its just me, dd, dh, our dog and 2 fish. Have our rooms ready!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:52 PM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Just got home from stocking up! EVERYONE is out and getting their supplies in to hunker down. They are comparing this to 1967 and 1999 which where the biggest and worst storms we've ever had. My biggest fear is losing power and Jim making himself sick snow blowing/clearing snow. As long as those two things don't happen, I'm good. I've got all kinds of food imaginable here. And....plenty of dog food. We are good.

I'm not blaming Sandra and Rhonda.....BUT it is coming from Texas. I'm just sayin.......
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:14 PM   #6  
beachbum

BROUGHT MY POST OVER TO THE NEW PAGES

Good Morning Ladies

Going to my PT sessions this morning and than to a smaller market to get my pasta that the larger supermarkets don't carry.

The suns out hopefully it will be warm enough to melt this ice we are having. My friend Pat called and told me she hasn't been out doors since the freeze. Her stairway & path way are full of ice and she s afraid to go out doors. I told her about the Pea Pod as she has a computer,and than doesn't have to worry about running out of food.

Did any of you see Hallmarks Hall of Fame Movie The Lost Valentine on CBS. Oh what a beautiful story about the woman who lost her husband in WW2. If you didn't see it, you can buy the movies at Hallmark.com I forgot to tape it,but it was worth while buying the tape as the story was very touching.

I haven't had a nightmare in ages,I think I know what caused it and I'm not going to watch that {Criminal Minds}TV series anymore.

Can't post more as I have to get ready for my PT session will return later.

Had my PT session and they gave me some kind of massage on my knee that stopped the pain. When I saw my therapist,she started to measure my knee to hip ratio and said that my last weeks measurements was 8 on it down to 4 so she decided to put me on some gym equipment the first was the leg press and than I went on the bicycle. for 5 mins each and the last treatment was the cold compress with little shocks machine for 15 mins and than back again this Wednesday.

ERIALICIA to the thread you'll feel right at home here.

Have to go will be back some time tomorrow morning.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:43 PM   #7  

What a crazy weekend but I think all is well.
Robin was discharged Friday night and we got home late. Saturday we spent the day at the hospital for a planned admission just for platelets. We got home about 10 pm and by 12 he was running a fever. They allowed him to stay home
til Sunday am because he had IV antibiotics Sat at the hospital.
So Sunday am we were readmitted to the hospital.
The fever has ended it seems but he will stay on IV antibiotics for a few more days I think. The biggest discomfort is a totally raw throat due to the Chemo therapy. They are giving him strong IV pain meds and that is helping. Between that and the benadryl because of blood transfusions he is a zombie right now.
He tries to tell me things and only gets a word or so out.. at least the pain is better.
I feel bad for the misery but I am less worried than I was last week when he reacted to the chemo with swelling & breathing issues. He overheard me talking to someone on the phone saying that I felt better about things and he said he was glad "I" was feeling better

Last edited by nancy237; 01-31-2011 at 03:44 PM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 04:47 PM   #8  

Oh, Nancy, that chemo is so rough! Hang in!
Old 01-31-2011, 06:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

well done on the loss rhonda

Hi pam how are things with you?

Hope your all well xxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:12 PM   #10  

Ok, Ok, Ok, the wet weather is coming from Texas, but believe me, if we had started this storm, we wouldn't be getting any of it. We'd just send it to you!

Everyone is stocking up on groceries here too, as if we were getting lots of snow. We'll likely just get ice and not be able to drive anywhere.

Rhonda
Old 01-31-2011, 07:20 PM   #11  
focused and aiming

Nancy,

Vickie, I was scheduled to sub tomorrow for a tennis coach. Got the call this afternoon that that's been cancelled. I am sooooooo relieved. We're hunkering down, too, and are worried about power outages. We don't have to worry about shoveling snow, but we are concerned about ice on the roads and highlines.

I'm really not too worried. All should go well, and we should be back to normal by weekend.

Ems, how are you doing? Are you having a good week?

Took the granddaughters to Cracker Barrel then shopping. We had a blast and got some good bargains. One got some Barbie "stuff," the other got a zebra-striped bag, and I got my red shirts for the tournament. Now I'll match my bow and arrows. (That's important to female shooters.)

Last edited by ontarget; 01-31-2011 at 07:50 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:13 AM   #12  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

For you and Robin Nancy.

Welcome Alicia.

My thoughts are with those of you suffering in the snow. We had it bad before Christmas and are expecting more in February which is the month we normally have it.

Rainy here today, I know we need rain but really! This is that fine stuff which finds every nook and cranny no matter how well you wrap up.

Any more nightmares Maryann? I had cramp in the night so didn't sleep so well. Upping my water intake today
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:24 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

hey sandra im good thanks hun im off to uni today i had to finsh my work off over the weekend so was busy with that. How are things with you? xx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:59 AM   #14  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hello everyone. How is everyone doing.
Is it okay if I start posting here. You all have such good advice. I am doing ww P+ as my meal plan while following the Beck Diet Solution.
I am having issues with just spending a little while here. I find there is so much to read on the 3FC board that I lose track of time. I am trying to get this under control. I hope everyone is great and that the storm we get isn't too bad.
Have a great day,
Take Care
Ann
Newlifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:00 AM   #15  

Ann. Where are you in Canada? I lived in Toronto for 34 years.

22 F and snow on the ground. I'm going to assume that there is no dance class today but that the personal trainer might have made it in to the gym. I don't know if I can get there though. We'll see.

Last edited by Tejas; 02-01-2011 at 08:01 AM.