Old 03-31-2010, 09:28 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

I've been op all day, although I am thinking about reviving the fudge diet again soon

Angela, I'm prayin' , too! I know how the emotional roller coaster feels. Let us know how things are going, and don't forget to take good care of yourself.

Sandra, 1/2 day's pay for a little bit of trouble is not bad. Enjoy your church fun on Friday. It sounds fun.

Nancy, thanks for the prayers for my dad. I was horrified when I read your post about the accident, but I was so relieved to read that the guy was not seriously injured. DH and I saw a drunk man get hit while he was crossing the road one night. He was okay, but it was awful to see his body rolling across the hood of the car that hit him. Congrats on your membership to the Y. It's great that it is close to your home. Enjoy!

Vickie, how many days til your puppy comes home? Did you read my post about the Pekingese that my dd rescued? She was really pitiful when she first got here, but she is warming up to us a little. She still runs when we approach, but is interacting with us more when she is sitting with dd on the couch.

Tomorrow is our last day of school before a two week spring break, and I can't wait. Of course, I'll be working on the house, but I'm looking forward to it. GTG to bed. g'night
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:34 PM   #32  

Okay, some good news...the doctor was pretty amazed they caught the mass so early. It looks like they'll be able to operate and remove it all, and leave enough of his pancreas that he won't get diabetes. The bad news - it is most likely cancerous. But they're pretty certain that surgery will take care of it. They will also remove his gall bladder and spleen at the same time; the gall bladder because he's got the beginnings of gallstones, and I have no idea about the spleen. Maybe they're having a 3 for 1 special or something. They will unfortunately schedule the surgery for the week before my due date some time, and he will be in the hospital recovering for about 5 days. Too bad it's not the hospital I will be going to! So my mom will probably not be too available to watch my girls during that time. My sister that used to live in town now lives in Germany, and my other one lives 45 minutes away. But I have good church friends here in town that can take them until my sister gets here if needs be.

So, all in all, we are remaining positive that the surgery goes well, they get it all, and he lives for at least another 20 years.

Thanks for the prayers guys. I plan on relaxing tonight and doing more knitting.

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:57 PM   #33  
focused and aiming

Nancy, what a horrible experience. I'm glad the biker wasn't injured any worse. I am glad you and Robin joined the Y. That should help you and Robin a lot.

Sloan, a 2 week break? Awesome! I'm glad you will have some time off.

Angela, that's really good news. Thank you for letting us know.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:24 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

WOW, what a lot on the boards today and tonight.

Angela, that is much better news. The spleen isn't really necessary, as I understand it. So, maybe they're taking it to remove any potential of the cancer spreading.

Nancy, the news about the Y is good. I'm glad you have some options, and I hope your DH benefits.

So, for those of you who were worried, Sandra and I are getting together next week, with our respective DH's and having a visit!

Yes, I love my kitchen.

About exercise: I've decided that I'm going to do the sit ups and v ups every day and see when I can add more. Todd has said that he is adding weight and repetitions every time. The point is to continuously challenge your body by changing things. 500 pound leg presses by my birthday in September!!

Oh, do cookies brought to you by a neighbor as a "welcome" have calories? No? That's what I thought. But, on the bright side: I took a container with me to dinner out and immediately put half of my dinner in it. I was fully satisfied with 1/2 a meal.

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 04-01-2010 at 04:01 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:04 PM   #35  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I'm doing the happy dance I'm so excited ya'll are coming to visit. You're right. Cookies brought over have 0 calories. Congratulations on boxing half your meal. Kudos for that!
Old 03-31-2010, 11:37 PM   #36  

Angela..

Thank you so much for keeping us posted about your dad...
That is scary it is cancerous but great that they can remove it.

By May your dad will have this surgery past him , baby will be
settled in and Robin will have 2 new knees!!!

I think that is smart to keep baby's name a surprise. It will be exciting
to announce name and weight .
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:05 AM   #37  

Down to 134 this morning! I'm still counting calories and eating mostly core foods. DS has lost 40 pounds and DD has hit a plateau.

Angela, I'll continue to pray that the doctors do a good job, and that your dad recovers quickly. Also, I'm sorry to hear about your family not being able to help but am happy that you have time to line up the church friends. I'll bet they will be very happy to lend a hand. So many times we want to help someone but don't get the chance. Now they have an opportunity to serve!

Sandra and Rhonda, I'm so happy for you two. Post lots of pics so we can feel like we are there, too!

Hey to the rest of you chickies!
Old 04-01-2010, 09:05 AM   #38  

Height: 5' 10"

Wow, lots going on.

Nancy, glad you and Robin were able to join the Y. Scary about the biker. Glad he was OK. Not something I'd want to witness.

Sloan, congrats on your progress! The new Sloan Fudge Diet could make you millions.

Angela, sorry to hear about your dad. Glad the Drs are optomistic. Keep us posted. Try to rest these next couple weeks, the little guy will be here before you know it.

Sandra and Rhonda - glad you're getting together! It should be a great visit. And Rhonda, any food gift is 0 calories -- otherwise, why would someone bring it over?

I'm doing really well back on track this week. The scale is moving in the right direction. Tomorrow I'll update my ticker -- right now I'm at where I was when I updated it last. Which isn't too bad - probably lose 3 pds this week. Got to love the first week back on track.

Well, go to run. Have a good day.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:24 AM   #39  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm tired but happy. Baby Boy Brodie will be officially adopted on April 10th. We are counting the days.

Sloan, I'm so proud of you! Not only is your house probably look awesome so are you. All that manual labor is paying off double. How is your Dad doing? I must have missed the rescue post. I so admire people who rescue. How fun it must be to win them over. I'm hoping Brodie likes me and not just Jim!

Angela, what a great prognosis for your Dad! It's a bummer that it will make things harder on you. If I lived close, I'd love to help. You are such a nice person, I bet you'll find you have more volunteers than you need. How's your Mom doing?

Sandra and Rhonda, you two are going to tear up the town together. Sandra, I thought you actually went back to the meetings. I guess you must have said you were thinking about it. Being back on program is just as good!

I'm outta here for today. Talk to you all later!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:26 AM   #40  
Southside White Sox Fan

Paula, good going girlie! Can't wait to see that new tracker.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:06 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Hi All:

You will remember that I went to NYC for my God-daughter. Well, as expected, her mother died. Life is rotten at times. She was a lawyer, brilliant, loving, and only in her 40's. She died of heart failure, after contracting bacterial pneumonia, related to her lung cancer (non-smoker). She has two children. My God-daughter is 15, her brother is 11 and has autism.

I was blessed to know her.

I'm staying OP, drinking water and doing my exercises while crying for my loss and the loss of so many others.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:34 PM   #42  

Rhonda

That is hard to grasp..why good people go so young .

Good for you for staying OP anyway..Hard to do..

I know you will be a big support for your God child.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:04 PM   #43  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, my heart goes out to all of you.

I'm tired today. I subbed at a local high school and even had a boys' soccer class. Large campus--lots of walking.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:32 PM   #44  

Rhonda, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I can't imagine how awful it is for those children. I'm praying for all of you.

Sandra, wow! A boys' soccer class? What kind of lesson did that teacher leave for you?

Vickie, dd's new dog wagged her tail at me this morning! I know that seems trivial, but it is a big accomplishment for her. My dad is doing well. He has had his second chemo treatment and has had no side effects, so far. Can't wait to see Brodie!

Paula, I'm starting on my new book "Fudge Your Way to Weight Loss". I was thinking that all of you could write special chapters about "foods that don't count". What do you think?

Hey to the rest of you chickies BBL
Old 04-01-2010, 07:44 PM   #45  

Sloanie

I love the sounds of that book..

I am starting my list..

Foods that someone buys for you.. etiquette rule
Foods that surround any celebration or holiday.
Foods bought with a coupon
Foods celebrating a weight loss.
Fair food
Vacation foods
All chocolate..it is good for you..

I don't know why my weight ticker isn't moving.