Old 01-24-2010, 12:23 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

It would definitely be good to hear from Froufie again. Who cares really how she lost it!

Nancy it sounds like it's good that you recognize being overwhelmed instead of barrelling through it and having a breakdown! Good luck with it all. I have found the transition to a new town not too hard...but, I have family here and in the area and that makes all of the difference.

My day was busy yesterday. I sat for 4 hours in the bleachers watching my great niece perform in a gymnastics meet. She's very good and competing at the state level. Then I spent 3 hours sitting in folding chairs at a political party chili supper. Texans really know how to do chili suppers. It was very hard to have just one piece of cornbread and one small brownie!

Vickie, I know about that beige thing. My late husband was a photographer and I've seen thousands of shades of white. I've been bringing bedspreads into the house to look at them on our bed. Every single one made me want to paint the walls. Finally, I found one I can live with. And, finding a spread was an ordeal in itself. It's all duvet or coverlet these days. The bedskirt that is needed doesn't work so well with our waterbed arrangement.

Tuesday I have someone coming to look at our kitchen cabinets. They need to be refinished or painted. DH has just told me that he hates painted cabinets. I wish he had no opinion, as he does about most decor matters! I like painted cabinets. Whatever happens, I need something to lighten up the kitchen, and the cabinets must have the original 1972 finish on them. Time to change. I cleaned them and the finish came off in spots!

I think I'll go to the gym today and workout on the elliptical trainer. It's very efficient at burning calories and some of these recently aquired ones really need to go.

Later, we're going to DH's DD's house for a visit.

I hope you're all having a good day.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:21 PM   #62  

Height: 5' 10"

Happy Sunday everyone. Its been a busy day so far - church this morning and then I went to the Y. I'm thrilled I did almost 7 minutes on the dreaded killer elyptical machine then 50 minutes on the treadmill. Came home took a second shower and have to take dd to skating this afternoon. I volunteered for a hospitality committee at church --- there is a 15 week course on Sunday's and we provide the food for the break. It started last week - thankfully this week one of the growth groups is doing the food.

Vickie - please let frouf know we'd love her to come back. heck, as long as we support each other, does it really matter what plan we follow??

Nancy - I hope you can put some order to all that you have going on. HUGS to you.

Hi to everyone else!! Got to get moving and get to the rink. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:56 PM   #63  

I second (third?) the notion that Frouf come back and not feel funny about it. Heck, I'm putting weight ON every week, and I'm still here!

Still going strong with the no sugar thing. Vickie, in the evening when I'm peckish, I am eating mostly fruit and crackers, or a cup of milk. I'm going to get the stuff for those yummy smoothies I used to have a lot. If I'm really hungry and I know I won't be able to sleep, I'll have cheese or peanut butter. It's not all strictly Core, but it IS better for me than what I have been snacking on.

I have a mountain of dirty dishes to work on now...have a restful Sunday all!
Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:47 PM   #64  
focused and aiming

Nancy, you do have a lot going on now. I didn't realize that. Just do what you can and don't get too stressed. (Easy for me to say, right?)

Vickie, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post. Well, I always do, but I especially did so today. I have some heat pads that are left from a shoulder muscle injury a couple of years ago that I've been using on my hip. They seem to help a lot. I'm feeling much much better. I didn't start today but will tomorrow along with .

Tell Froufie to come back. I confess all the time about how I'm really not doing CORE and nobody's run me off. We want her here with us. She's one of us. I'm happy to hear she's on a cruise. I always enjoyed "cruising" vicariously through her posts. Tell her I need a "cruise fix."

Rhonda, I got tickled reading about Doyle's having opinions on decorating. Curtis does, too. Kudos to you for making healthy choices at the chilli supper.

Paula, kudos to you, too, for going to the Y today.

Angela, you're doing great, too. Makes me smile. Makes me want a smoothie, too.

I'm getting the "work in the yard" bug again. I see lots of exercise in my future weeding, planting, and watering. Life is good.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote