Old 07-05-2009, 11:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/212/135

Height: 5' 5"

Default I'm struggling with snack time help please

I counted points for almost a year and then I started getting hungry all the time so I decided to try Core. I do fine most days until snack time.

What do you guys eat for snacks? I really can't afford a lot of fresh fruit and I live 30 miles from the nearest grocery store so I don't go often.

I've tried playing with FF plain yogurt and it's just nasty to me no matter what you put in it.

I realize I can use my weekly points for snacks but b/c we live so far from town when we do go to town we end up eating out usually at lunch and supper too if we are gone that long so I need my points for that.

Any suggestions for me?
spoiltmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 12:45 PM   #2  
video game junkie

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I can't remember how Core works, so not sure if this follows that program (do you still at least get flex points to use on non-core items)

If so...

Are you looking for sugary snacks, salty? What do you crave come snacktime?

The only time I crave a snack is at night, and it's usually a sugar craving. My favorite snack is S'mores. I always keep the ingredients onhand and one s'more is usually just enough to kill the sugar craving.

Reduced fat graham crackers
bag o marshmallows
Mini chocolate chips

I assemble, but leave the top off and pop in the microwave for a few seconds til I see the marshmallow puff up. Take out, smoosh the top on and Voila.

I find these very filling and 1 is usually plenty. I'll splurge for two, or a glass of milk with it if I have the points left over.

Not the healthiest snack, but I normally eat very healthy during the day and save these for my treat after dinner.

Daytime snacks I lean more towards fruit or a smoothie. I keep bags of frozen berries in the freezer and pop some in the blender with a banana and some juice. I know you cant run to the market all the time for fresh ingredients, but dont discount the frozen ones.

And if I'm craving salty. I portion out a serving of nuts (and put the bag AWAY!!)

Hope this helped
Lissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 01:18 PM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

SpoiltMom, check out our beverage and snack and dessert recipes. There are many smoothie recipes that use frozen fruit, milk, SF/FF pudding, yogurt, canned fruit, cool whip, ice. Not all in one smoothie of course. My point is that you don't have to have fresh fruit to eat Core. Just make sure when you buy the frozen that it doesn't have added sugar.

There all also a lot of desserts using Core items to make muffins. I enjoyed them immensely.

Happy hunting!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

There is also fruit canned in water, or light syrup. If it's in syrup, it can always be rinsed.

There is a simple dessert from South Beach that is just ricotta cheese with Splenda and vanilla. Canned fruit could be added. I think it is really refreshing.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 04:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 227/212/135

Height: 5' 5"

THanks ladies. I probably should have added in my first post that I have snacks b/c I have hypoglycemia. So I have to eat every 3-4 hours or I start to get shaky. I tend to stay away from junk food b/c that makes it worse.

I'm off to look at the recipes.

Thanks!
spoiltmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/198/150

Height: 5'6"

i think the 94% FF popcorn is core, if i'm not mistaken. that would make a good snack.

i'm not currently on the simply filling, but i remember when i did core in the past i had trouble with snacks as well.
chrgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:35 AM   #7  

Chai tea with milk is great between meals.
AdrianaG53 is offline   Reply With Quote