3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Weekly Chat: May 4- May 10 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/170871-weekly-chat-may-4-may-10-a.html)

Tejas 05-04-2009 09:50 AM

Weekly Chat: May 4- May 10

NEW PAGES!!!!!!!!!!!!

:carrot:

Tejas 05-04-2009 09:56 AM

Good Morning everyone:

It's a beautiful Spring day here in Toronto, and I hope you have some good weather also.

Maryann, you posted on last week's thread. Maybe you can move it over to this week.

I hope you all have a great day: I've got the same ole, same ole....working!

Rhonda

beach bum 05-04-2009 01:29 PM

Good Morning Ladies

W-I this morning and I maintained. Not worried as I had a bad month trying to nurse my bad ankle.Its a great possibility that I'm swelling up with water in that region.

VICKIE-Happy that you checked in,and sad about your sick doggy.

PAULA-Thanks for the instructions on the dryer hose,it sound simple enough.

COCO-Surprising enough I found that my ankle is hurting like it did before.Maybe its healing & I'm sure the doctor should have the MRI results this morning,if he doesn't call I will call the office some time this afternoon.

SANDRA-Oh don't worry about us,we understand that sometime we just don't have the time to post individually.Just take some time out for yourself and have fun at the Senior Olympics, remember,the old WW saying , 3 bites and move on. OH MY TG your weren't there when it happened.

RHONDA -Congrats for not eating that much at dinner. You're really in control of your eating and exercising,you're heading in the right direction for a great W-I.

Have a great morning

Vickie 05-04-2009 01:53 PM

Good Afternoon Chicks! I had my weigh in today. I'm down 1.0 and thrilled since I spent the week on antibiotics and only exercised 3 times.

I'm leaving in a few minutes to take the dog back to the Vet. We think she has teeth issues. I'm just glad we were able to get her in right away.

I'm waiting for my ENT to call back and give me more or new drugs since the 7 days wasn't enough. I was in real pain last night. Oh well.

I'll get to catch up one of these days.

coco99 05-04-2009 01:53 PM

Hi
Just a quick stop in.
It is raining. Some flooding going on. They let the schools our early. But not all the schools.
So dont know if I will get to go to WW tonight or not.
With the flooding. I might be able to get out. But not back in. So will have to see closer time.

BEACHBUM have you heard anything from your DR about your MRI.

TEJAS Enjoy your day. We are having a lot of rain. We are in a flood warning until 4:30 pm right now. Had slacked in the rain. But I hear it hitting the window. So must be starting back up.

To everyone else I am thinking of you.
Hope everyone has a great day.
coco

beach bum 05-04-2009 04:29 PM

Thanks RHONDA for starting us up for a new week.I did manage to get the post over here after all.

VICKIE-Big congrats on your 1 lb loss.20 lbs all to ether that's fantastic.
Hope you get s stronger med for you pain,I feel the same way with my ankle I need stronger meds also.

COCO-Sorry about your flooding in your area. If you go Good Luck at the W-I. Called my doctor and the receptionist told me he out today as hes in the hospital doing some minor surgery's.She told me that he will decusss the MRI with my at my follow up 5/14. I told her to tell him that I need stronger meds for the severe pain that I get at night,she said he'll call you tomorrow.

blessedwithsarah 05-04-2009 04:52 PM

Maryann, any update from your MRI?

No time to post right now, I'll come back later!

Tejas 05-04-2009 11:27 PM

Oh boy, anything I might have lost from the exercising, I gained tonight. Some old friends were in town and we joined them at their son's house here in Toronto for a long meal, with lots of wine, and had an absolutely wonderful time.

So what if I have to spin and walk until the cows come home: I had a fantastic and convivial evening!

Rhonda

beach bum 05-05-2009 08:26 AM

Good Morning Ladies:)

Its raining again and the dampness it really killing my ankle. My weight in up a little also,can't wait until I can exercise again.

PAULA-Called the doctor's office yesterday and the receptionist told me that they had the MRI results but they won't give me the results over the phone. She told me that he [doc]will discuss it with my at my Follow-Up on 5/14.So now I have two more weeks before I find out. Meanwhile I told her to have the doctor call me,need some thing stronger for the pain,as Ibuprofen is not helping at all.

RHONDA-That's life, one step forward 2 steps back.We can't live in a glass bubble and not enjoy our family or friends,that won't be normal.Only advice is to drink lots of water to flush out the wine.

coco99 05-05-2009 09:55 AM

Morning Everyone
Well its not raining. Sun trying to shine. But suppose to get more rain sometime tomorrow.
Did have some flooding. Did go to WW. If we would have been out much longer. We probably would have had to go the long way around to get back home. But the water was just starting to get in the road.
On weigh in. I lost 3 lbs. So now to get the next 2 off. That will be the 5 lbs that I gained over the last couple of weeks.

BEACHBUM That is awful that they are making you wait two more weeks to see the Dr. I think I would tell I need to be seen sooner. Sure hope they can help the pain.

TEJAS Glad you had a good time with your friends. Its over. Today is a new day. And you will be back on track.

VICKIE CONGRATS on the loss. That is great. How's your doggy. Hope she is doing better.

BLESSEDWITHSARAH Hope you have a great day.

ONTARGET Hope you are doing ok.
Well I need to get off here.
Got some stuff I need to do outside. Before the next batch of rain comes. Guess it is suppose to come sometime tomorrow.
Will be back later.
coco

blessedwithsarah 05-05-2009 11:59 AM

Well, its raining. No, pouring right now. Miserable out. I did get my groceries done. Now, if the rain will let up just a bit, I'll venture out again. I need to go get dog food and then I'm off for a pedicure.

Coco, congrats on the loss!

Maryann, sorry you won't get an answer sooner. Hopefully the Dr will give you something more effective for the pain,.

Vickie, thinking of you and puppy. Hope things are improving.

Kathy, where are you??? Hope its going well

Rhonda, i think the exercising will help keep weight from coming back if you have a splurge! Hmm, maybe I need to do more.....

Sandra, how are things? Hope well.

Hi Nancy.

I think the rain is letting up enought to dash to the car. You know its bad when the dog looks out the door and turns around. BBL

Vickie 05-05-2009 12:22 PM

Sorry Chicks. I'm still sick and so is doggy. I called my Doctor yesterday and he never called me back. Grrrr.....

Cassie has an appointment tomorrow to a Vet 30 minutes away for a second opinion. Vet is highly recommended by my friend on a Scottie list and is her personal Vet. So off we go tomorrow.

Sigh. Life is Good but sometimes hard.

coco99 05-05-2009 07:29 PM

Hi There
Well we are now in a flood watch until Thursday evening now. But the creeks dont seem to be up very much. So that is good. Been having some rain this afternoon. Nothing heavy. Just a lite drizzle. But I didnt think we were to get any until tomorrow. Oh Well.
Havent done much today. Just did a few odd and end jobs that needed done.

VICKIE Hope the doggy appointment goes well. Dont you just hate it when the Dr is suppose to call and then dont. We are waiting on some blood results for hubby. But havent heard anything. So guess I will have to end calling them. You are in my prayers along with Cassie.

BLESSEDWITHSARAH We are having rain also. Had some clearing this morn. But then this afternoon the rain came back. Thanks for the congrats on the loss.

Well I am going to get off here. Hope everyone had a great day. Stayed dried. Talk to everyone tomorrow.
coco

Tejas 05-06-2009 07:53 AM

Good Morning:

It's a beautiful day here, but I hear that the rain is headed our way, after soaking many of you.

I began my day with a 6:30 spin class, and had one last night too. I'm not going back until Friday so I can rest a bit. But, getting rid of 500 calories was a great start to the day.

I've got an easy day today at the office and not too many food problems in front of me. I'm a day behind but I think I'll make something Tex-Mex for Cinco de Mayo. DH would like that.

I hope you all have a great day, staying OP, drinking water and moving around a bit.

I hope that all the medical tests come out OK for everyone, and, Vickie, I'm wishing for the best with your doggie.

Rhonda

beach bum 05-06-2009 09:10 AM

Its now 4 day straight that its been raining:rain: and damp:brr:. Can't stand this weather,I getting cabin fever,staying in all day all for that amount of time.

Well my doctor called yesterday afternoon and sent my pharmacy a prescription for a pain killer. Leo is going out to get it for me,even if his back is hurting in the dampness.

COCO-Big congrats:cp: on your 3 lb weight loss,:cp:you're doing fantastic. Glad you losing the pounds you gained.I'm surprised that you went out in all the flooding that was around you. I have a feeling we will be getting flooded also if this rain doesn't stop.

The doctor that we have here is very very busy he has lots of hip & knee replacements to do,as 33% of the people in our town are senior citizen.I was lucky:lucky: to get the two week appointment,but now that I have the pain killers it won't be that bad to wait.

PAULA-I can't stand this:rain: rainy weather we're having,pouring all day long. but we're still lucky:lucky: that we don't have tornadoes hitting us. I'll be out of pain some time this morning. Yippee!!!:D

VICKIE-Sorry:sorry: your not feeling well, the doctor will call ,it took mine a while to answer my call.

RHONDA-Send some sun:sunny: our way,we getting water logged:lol:. That's fantastic that you found a exercise that's burning 500 cal and something that you enjoy doing.Can't waiting I can exercise again,but mean while I lowered my calories from 1500 to 1300 on my calorie range.

coco99 05-06-2009 09:12 AM

Morning Everyone
Not much going on here.
Have to take hubby to the Dr late this afternoon. His knee has been bothering him. Now it is hurting down into his ankle and swelling and fevered. So dont know what is going on there. So guess we will find out.
So far no rain. But guess we are to get more.
I hope everyone has a great day. Thinking of each of you.
So will be back later. After Dr's appt.
coco

coco99 05-06-2009 09:53 AM

BEACHBUM See we were posting at the same time.
Hope the pain killers help. The sun is trying to shine right now. But I think the rain is suppose to come later this afternoon into evening. Hope it clears up so you can get out soon.
coco

beach bum 05-06-2009 02:31 PM

Hi

The sun is out and must be smiling at me, now that I got my meds this morning, and its helping already as the pain in my ankle is gone, now I will be able to heal nicely. Not going to go crazy and start cleaning like a mad dog, but I will now be able to get things done where it was impossible to do before.

COCO-Hope your DH finds relieve from the pain soon. Its amazing that his started in the knee and than down to the ankle,and mine went the other way.I didn't have a fever with mine.

Katpo 05-06-2009 04:11 PM

I have been having trouble with the site (AGAIN!) and so forgive me if I'm AWOL from time to time.

Lost last week and expect another one tomorrow but hopefully I can get here to report it. If not, maybe sometime. I have no idea what the deal is with this website but it's very annoying. I don't have problems with any others.

Tejas 05-06-2009 04:56 PM

Kathy, every time I come to 3FC directly from checking my email, the site crashes. I do not get it. So, now I come here first, then do email, and it works fine.

So, I had huge, but Core, lunch and will be eating salad tonight! I had grilled fish with veggies and it was so good.

Maryann, glad to hear that the pain is relieved..and Coco, good for the loss...

Rhonda

coco99 05-06-2009 07:10 PM

Hi everyone
Well it is raining again. Said some areas may get up to a inch of rain. The creeks are up some. So hope they dont go over their banks again.
Well Dr said hubby has a infection in his knee. Dont know how or why. But something about the sac around your knee has fluid in it. And it is infected. So they drew fluid out. Looked just like blood to me. And they are going to culture it. But they went ahead and started him on a antibotic. But it started in the knee. And each day it has gotten worse. Was swelling down to his ankle and was hurting when he was walking some. And it is fevered. So thought better get it checked out. Guess a good thing we did.
Other than that. Nothing going on here.
On the way home stopped at Wendy's. Had side salad, a chili and a plain bake potato. The traffic was bad. So waited for some if it to pass.

KATPO I have trouble on here sometimes myself. Its like it freezes. Then it tells me internet explorer isnt working. And has to restart. So dont know what is going on. Thought maybe it was just me. Congrats on the loss.

TEJAS Lunch sounds good.

BEACHBUM Glads the meds are helping. That should make you feel better no pain. I have to watch taking the pain meds. Sometimes they make me drowsey.

VICKIE How are you. Did you find out anything about Cassie yet. Hope everything is ok. Thinking of you.

Well I am going to get off here for now.
Hope everyone had a great day.
coco

Vickie 05-06-2009 08:44 PM

You guys, my pup is really sick. I've been scared and crying all afternoon. The new Vet thinks she's been overmedicated. So we are stopping everything to let her body clear out. She can barely walk and can't jump on the couch. She can't eat much either. I may sleep downstairs with her tonight. I'll be back when I can.

Tejas 05-06-2009 09:36 PM

Oh, Vickie, that's awful. I hope you do sleep with her. She'll be more calm most likely. We're all thinking of you.

Rhonda

beach bum 05-07-2009 06:23 AM

Good Early Morning Ladies:)

I had to get up early this morning to take my second pill the pain killer lasted 16 hrs.I'm so pleased as now I only have to take one per day,when needed.

The pouring rain has to stop,it did for awhile yesterday afternoon when the sun came peeking thought put I guess during the night the rain started and its pouring again.I can't take it anymore.

Was supposed to go out shopping to Walmarts for some vitamins for my joint pain,but I'm not going to let Leo drive when his not feeling well either.

The one thing we have to look forward to is to watch the Players golf tournament this whole weekend,as we are great golf fans,too bad we don't play.

KATHY-Sorry for the trouble of not getting in to the site .My suggestion is to bookmark the opened thread and this way you don't have to log in all the time.Big Congrats on your loss,and hope you had a successful W-I this.

RHONDA-Yikes I never go to my PM unless there at sign that I have one. just come there automatically by hitting my bookmark folder message boards.

Thanks I'm not going to overboard with the meds also,unless the pain is too severe that I have to, as they make you very drowsy.

COCO-It seems like you and I have the rain and down pours this past week & now again. Doesn't it know April is the month of rain,not May.

Oh my goodness, glad that you brought your DH to the doctors. Imagine a infection in his knee. I never heard of that.I thought when you mentioned it yesterday I thought something like I had but only the opposite. Glad the doctor gave him antibiotics to stop the infection,did he give him pain killers as well???

Glad that the pain was gone and I was able to sleep. Don't like to take them,because of the drowsiness,but when your can't function it better to have them. The prescription read only when needed [1-2 every 6 hrs,but 1 pill lasted 16 hours] of pain free.

VICKIE-Oh I'm so sorry that your puppy is very sick,Wish I could be there with you to give you some :hug: but I have to rely on the cyper ones instead. Can't believe that they would over doze your pup with meds. They're Ok but the side effects are worse.Please take care of yourself,during this ordeal.

Have to go for breakfast I starting to get hungry

coco99 05-07-2009 12:23 PM

Hi Everyone
VICKIE That is awful about your puppy. I would sleep with her also. Hope she feels better by being taken off her meds. Heres some :hug: for both of you.

BEACHBUM glad the meds are helping. Right now. No rain. But guess we are to get some later on today. But that is good. It is letting things dry out some before we get anymore.

So not much going on here. had to meet the insurance man. See what they would pay on son's truck repairs. Then had to wait on son to call and give him details. He will be back tomorrow. Then fixed lunch. For supper we are going to have steel head fish. I have never had it. So not real sure how to fix it. Any ideas. Someone gave it too us. Son dont like fish. So thought I would fix it before he got home.
Oh someone had posted about fixing brussels sprouts. I cant remember who it was. But did they use fresh or frozen. I have some frozen ones. Thought maybe I would fix them. Was thinking whoever had posted that. Said they put some oil on them and seasoning. Cant remember. Again any ideas. let me know.
Well I better get off here.
Get something done.
Will be back later.
coco
Have a great day everyone.

Tejas 05-07-2009 12:44 PM

Hi:

Coco, I have no idea how to cook fish for someone who doesn't like it. There's always frying it, and not eating it yourself :lol:

Maryann: I didn't mean that I checked PM because I never do...but that I after I check my msn email account I often can't get directly onto 3FC and it makes NO sense whatsoever.

I hope everyone is having a good day, but we know Vickie's not :grouphug: I'm staying home from the office and working from here.

I've only eaten 9 points today so far today and am not hungry...that's good.

Rhonda

Vickie 05-07-2009 07:02 PM

Cassie is in the hospital on IV drip with no food or water for the next 48 hours. She was diagnosed with pancreatitis. We don't know what caused it for sure, but it is likely that it was the over issuance of antibiotics and the change in her food. She's expected to recover at this point but we don't know what the future holds. We were told it was lucky for her that we were both vigilant and persistent.

I'm exhausted. I was crying all morning because I didn't want to leave her there, especially after I found out she'd be alone overnight between 8:00 p.m. and 6:30 in the morning. Apparently, you can pay to have a Vet Tech stay if they are critical. Our new Vet assures us that Cassie can be by herself overnight. I'll be calling tonight and first thing in the morning. It promises to be a long 48 hours for Momma and pup.

The good thing is that I'm not hungry, in fact, I'm sick to my stomach. I haven't been eating all my food. No exercise either and I'm not getting in all my water. It'll probably be a bad weigh in for me, but I don't care. As long as my baby gets better.

Thanks for listening and caring and being the best cyber friends out there!

coco99 05-07-2009 07:29 PM

VICKIE I am so sorry. I feel for both of you. I know I hate it when I have to leave one of our girls at the vet. I think they are going to be there all night by themself. Why cant I bring them home with me. Or I think they should have someone there to watch over them at night. So am keeping both of you in my prayers. :hug:

I fixed my fish. I just put it in pan and baked it. I put some minced onions, Mrs Dash, black pepper, and a little sea salt on it. And then I added some smart balance butter.
The brussle sprouts turned out ok. I baked them too long. But I add some canola oil and mrs dash. Was pretty good.
Well I am going to get off here.
Going to get things around so I can watch Grey's after bit.
Hope everyone has a good night.
coco

ontarget 05-07-2009 07:54 PM

Vickie, I'm sorry about Cassie, but it sounds like she's in good hands. Congratulations to you for not resorting to food.

I went to water aerobics this morning and am now tired and sore--but I feel good.

beach bum 05-08-2009 07:57 AM

I can't believe the sun is out,but I'm not going out,Leo is going to the barber and than doing the shopping as the pain killers are making me so sleepy.

Going to attempt to get my laundry done today,and bring some of my light weight clothing upstairs. Have to separate the whites from the other clothes with two laundry bags. TG we don't have any more heavy clothes to wash.

Got a sneak peak on the scale and I'm not doing well this week, it could be the meds or water retention. Lets see what Monday brings.

COCO-Thanks,they're helping, but I'm very sleepy,napped 3 x's yesterday and I'm not a napper. Steel head is a rainbow trout. Is it a fillet or a whole fish? Here's one recipe that I found for you. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Barbequ...ut/Detail.aspx
or maybe the recipe section of this board has some other recipes.Hope the insurance adjuster can do some thing for you. COCO your recipe sound delish. Now you got two way of preparing it.

RHONDA-Oh I never had problems coming into the 3fc board before so I don't know what to tell you.

VICKIE-I'm so sorry to hear about Your Cassie,she's in good hands,hope the both of you found a good night sleep.

SANDRA-I heard that swimming and water aerobics are good forms of exercising as they use all the muscles.

Have a great morning

Tejas 05-08-2009 08:26 AM

Good morning:

I was up and out spinning early this morning. If anyone had told me that I'd be spin-cycling the equivalent of 12 miles in the morning, I'd laugh myself silly. But, that's what I'm doing. AND, I'm enjoying it.

Vickie, a few years ago my beloved Jake cut himself badly on a piece of wire in the ravine. I was the absolute model of calmness about it, wrapping him up, driving him to the vet, waiting while they stitched him up. THEN, they told me that he had to stay overnight. I burst into tears, saying "but, he's never been away from home!" My, how we love our four-legged friends. I do hope for the best. Now, go drink some water...:hug:

Rhonda

jazzmegirl 05-08-2009 06:03 PM

Hi. I want to do WW again, but have only done flex. I'm interested in switching to thecore because there's less opportunity to eat junky processed stuff. Can anyone give me an idea of typical day's meals and snacks. No food restrictions. I really don't want to join WW meetings or online again, as I bassically know it, now I just haveto do it. Can I find all the info I need on the boards here? I have about 20 pounds to lose.
Amie

coco99 05-08-2009 07:29 PM

Hi Everyone
Just getting a chance to get on here for a few.
Been having some running around to do. Then trying to get a couple of things done around here. And not getting anything done.
Tomorrow. I have some errends to run. Then a wedding in the afternoon. Need to go to Wal Mart. So will have to try and get that in too.

BEACHBUM Be careful doing the steps. The steel head was a fillet. Hubby and I thought it turned out pretty good. We had never had that before. And it didnt have a real fishy taste. Hope you enjoyed the sun. We are to get some rain tonight. In a flood watch until tomorrow afternoon. Wish we could send some rain to CA. They sure need some.

TEJAS Glad you are enjoying your spinning class.

VICKIE How are things going. Is Cassie any better.

ONTARGET glad you enjoyed your class.

Well I am going to get off here for now.
Hope everyone had a great day.
Thinking of each of you.
coco

blessedwithsarah 05-09-2009 08:48 AM

Good moring ladies. Well, I'm up one pound today. I'm not too upset as TOM is looming and I'm pretty sure its from that. I did log the gain, which for me is a victory as I would typically ignore this week and hope to be back down. Which doesn't do much for me except start a bad trend. So, plus or minus, I'm logging it and tracking it. Its a new week for me and I need to just stick to plan.

Vickie, how is Cassie? I hope she is getting better and home. I do know what you mean about leaving our furry babies away from home. Our lab is 11 and he has NEVER been in a kennel overnight. On the rare occasion we did not take him on vacation with us he was with my in-laws. Yes, he is a spoiled pup! (well, a stinkly old man dog now, but I do love him!).

Rhonda, I'm so happy you found an exercise program you enjoy! Thats 1/2 the battle. I can't wait to hear how the scale reacts.

Coco, how is your son feeling? I hope things are working out with the insurance man. When I do brussel sprouts I cut them in 1/2 and either sautee them in olive oil and garlic or roast them in the oven with olive oil and garlic. If they are fresh I do cook them in the microwave first. I just love the crispy outside leaves and the garlic flavor!

Jazz, WELCOME. There is a lot of information on core/filling foods on the board. I know there were some links to food lists. Not sure where they are at this point in time. If I come across them I'll let you know. For Core/simply filling method(the new one), The food list is basically fruits and vegetables, whole grains - rice, ww pasta, grains, lean meats and limited fats(need 2T healthy oil a day). You eat until you are satisfied. One thing you may want to consider since the materials have really changed -- go to a ww center and join one meeting (they may have free registration). That way for the cost of one meeting (about $13 or $14) you get all the materials. HTH

Well, got to get in the shower. Don't need to clean today as my cleaning lady switched days - she comes on Friday afternoons now. Do need to do laundry.

Have a good day.

beach bum 05-09-2009 09:58 AM

Nothing new, going to see if I can go joy riding with Leo to the grocery store as I getting cabin fever and must get outside.Suppose to rain again,but I guess its better than snow.

Had to take my meds early this morning as the pain was severe that actually woke me up from my sleep. TG I have a doctors appointment this Thursday and the mystery of the MRI will be revealed.

Going to do something different next week with my meal plans as I slipping up on the scale again. Going to cut some of the bread carbs that I having.

RHONDA-Glad you enjoy your new spin/bike exercising.Once the doctor gives me the ok to exercise again I going to try it ans see if I like it as much as you.

JAZZ-Welcome, I like the core plan much better than the flex also.

COCO-I was careful thanks I threw the laundry bags down the both staircases. Leo and I rather have the fillets,where the de boning is done for us.We had salmon with crabmeat stuffing its was yummy but I had to go around the house with a air freshener.

PAULA=Sorry about you gain,but you know that its TOM doing it,with me if I go up I have to find the critter that causing it.

Have agreat morning,we be back later

jazzmegirl 05-09-2009 10:47 AM

Good morning. Yeah, I'm torn between online and joining one meeting. I may join meetings, need the extra accountability.
I'm legally blind. I started having computer problems, so I hired a guy to come look at my system. He came a few times to try and diagnose the problem, and seemed to spend a long time looking at my files. Then, he tried to seduce me, I told him not to call or come around anymore, but he refused, so I inlisted my boyfriend, a lawyer, and the police just to be safe. I live alone with my daughter. Anyway, I've gained five pounds and my food is all over the place. Found a good therapist and sleeping better.
I think if I do the online thing, I probably won't stick with it based on previous experience, and, as I said, I'm having computer issues. It would be worth the extra effort to get to a meeting, arranging transportation.
Went out and sang last night. My friend told me the charyoche host was a former member of KC and the Sunshine Band. In my career, I'm a jazz singer, but, for fun, it's hard rock, doesn't jive with my refined nice gil image, LOL. Had so much fun. Very tired, bed time is usually before ten.
Amie

Tejas 05-09-2009 01:30 PM

Dear All:

Amie: welcome to the board. Many of us go to meetings, or not! It doesn't matter, except to you. I recommend doing what helps whatever that is.

We just had a magnificent thunderstorm, hail and all. It was just before my walking class, so I didn't get wet. But, it was very dramatic, and driving to class was an adventure. The skies are still (again) dark and threatening.

I'm doing well with food, so far.

The weekend will be spent painting and painting...soon, though..maybe in a few weeks we will have the house on the market.

Bye for now,
Rhonda

beach bum 05-10-2009 08:26 AM

Just here wish you ahttp://bestsmileys.com/mothersday/1.gifnothing new except I don't have to wear my brace the whole day yesterday and in the evening and this morning as my ankle doesn't hurt anymore.Not going to church as I like it rest it up for the long trip Leo & I have to take for the pet scan tomorrow.I'm still going to take it easy and keep the doctors appointment this Thursday.

Starting this Tuesday I'm also going back to the core for a while as I think I eating to much bread & products that's why I have such a slow weight loss.

JAZZ-Welcome to the chat.If you have a few meeting places to go to in your town I would suggest going to a meeting,that the best place to get motivated and support from other meeting members. I for one had to rely on this board as my meeting place as we only have one meeting in our town and I didn't like the leader.We had a legally blind woman in our group and she had transportation to and from the meeting. Look into your town,and see what they offer.

RHONDA-I'm afraid of thunder storms I guess it stems from a early childhood experience,glad that you made it safe home. Happy painting and and selling your house.

Have a great day, going to watch golf all afternoon.

ontarget 05-10-2009 10:13 AM

Good morning and Happy Mother's Day. I hope you're all getting to celebrate the way you want.

I am watching a hummingbird sipping away right now on a feeder in the front yard. Life is good.

Eatingwise, I have been so so. I have been getting some exercise but not a lot. I did :swim: Thursday and have been doing yardwork. I'm holding my own weightwise.

I need to get off here now. I'll catch up with each of you later.

Tejas 05-10-2009 10:49 AM

Happy Mother's Day to all, whether you're a Mother, Mama, Mommy, Nana, Grandmother, Godmother, or simply had a mother!

I took my DH out all night! I treated him to a hotel room, dinner and breakfast out. Not because it's Mother's Day but because the mess of working on this house is driving us both nuts and I decided that we had to have a holiday. It was just great. So, if you're wishing your sweetie would do something for you, do something for the two of you and enjoy!

I won't talk about food :lol: But, it's a new day.

Rhonda