3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Weekly Chat: May 4- May 10 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/170871-weekly-chat-may-4-may-10-a.html)

coco99 05-06-2009 09:12 AM

Morning Everyone
Not much going on here.
Have to take hubby to the Dr late this afternoon. His knee has been bothering him. Now it is hurting down into his ankle and swelling and fevered. So dont know what is going on there. So guess we will find out.
So far no rain. But guess we are to get more.
I hope everyone has a great day. Thinking of each of you.
So will be back later. After Dr's appt.
coco

coco99 05-06-2009 09:53 AM

BEACHBUM See we were posting at the same time.
Hope the pain killers help. The sun is trying to shine right now. But I think the rain is suppose to come later this afternoon into evening. Hope it clears up so you can get out soon.
coco

beach bum 05-06-2009 02:31 PM

Hi

The sun is out and must be smiling at me, now that I got my meds this morning, and its helping already as the pain in my ankle is gone, now I will be able to heal nicely. Not going to go crazy and start cleaning like a mad dog, but I will now be able to get things done where it was impossible to do before.

COCO-Hope your DH finds relieve from the pain soon. Its amazing that his started in the knee and than down to the ankle,and mine went the other way.I didn't have a fever with mine.

Katpo 05-06-2009 04:11 PM

I have been having trouble with the site (AGAIN!) and so forgive me if I'm AWOL from time to time.

Lost last week and expect another one tomorrow but hopefully I can get here to report it. If not, maybe sometime. I have no idea what the deal is with this website but it's very annoying. I don't have problems with any others.

Tejas 05-06-2009 04:56 PM

Kathy, every time I come to 3FC directly from checking my email, the site crashes. I do not get it. So, now I come here first, then do email, and it works fine.

So, I had huge, but Core, lunch and will be eating salad tonight! I had grilled fish with veggies and it was so good.

Maryann, glad to hear that the pain is relieved..and Coco, good for the loss...

Rhonda

coco99 05-06-2009 07:10 PM

Hi everyone
Well it is raining again. Said some areas may get up to a inch of rain. The creeks are up some. So hope they dont go over their banks again.
Well Dr said hubby has a infection in his knee. Dont know how or why. But something about the sac around your knee has fluid in it. And it is infected. So they drew fluid out. Looked just like blood to me. And they are going to culture it. But they went ahead and started him on a antibotic. But it started in the knee. And each day it has gotten worse. Was swelling down to his ankle and was hurting when he was walking some. And it is fevered. So thought better get it checked out. Guess a good thing we did.
Other than that. Nothing going on here.
On the way home stopped at Wendy's. Had side salad, a chili and a plain bake potato. The traffic was bad. So waited for some if it to pass.

KATPO I have trouble on here sometimes myself. Its like it freezes. Then it tells me internet explorer isnt working. And has to restart. So dont know what is going on. Thought maybe it was just me. Congrats on the loss.

TEJAS Lunch sounds good.

BEACHBUM Glads the meds are helping. That should make you feel better no pain. I have to watch taking the pain meds. Sometimes they make me drowsey.

VICKIE How are you. Did you find out anything about Cassie yet. Hope everything is ok. Thinking of you.

Well I am going to get off here for now.
Hope everyone had a great day.
coco

Vickie 05-06-2009 08:44 PM

You guys, my pup is really sick. I've been scared and crying all afternoon. The new Vet thinks she's been overmedicated. So we are stopping everything to let her body clear out. She can barely walk and can't jump on the couch. She can't eat much either. I may sleep downstairs with her tonight. I'll be back when I can.

Tejas 05-06-2009 09:36 PM

Oh, Vickie, that's awful. I hope you do sleep with her. She'll be more calm most likely. We're all thinking of you.

Rhonda

beach bum 05-07-2009 06:23 AM

Good Early Morning Ladies:)

I had to get up early this morning to take my second pill the pain killer lasted 16 hrs.I'm so pleased as now I only have to take one per day,when needed.

The pouring rain has to stop,it did for awhile yesterday afternoon when the sun came peeking thought put I guess during the night the rain started and its pouring again.I can't take it anymore.

Was supposed to go out shopping to Walmarts for some vitamins for my joint pain,but I'm not going to let Leo drive when his not feeling well either.

The one thing we have to look forward to is to watch the Players golf tournament this whole weekend,as we are great golf fans,too bad we don't play.

KATHY-Sorry for the trouble of not getting in to the site .My suggestion is to bookmark the opened thread and this way you don't have to log in all the time.Big Congrats on your loss,and hope you had a successful W-I this.

RHONDA-Yikes I never go to my PM unless there at sign that I have one. just come there automatically by hitting my bookmark folder message boards.

Thanks I'm not going to overboard with the meds also,unless the pain is too severe that I have to, as they make you very drowsy.

COCO-It seems like you and I have the rain and down pours this past week & now again. Doesn't it know April is the month of rain,not May.

Oh my goodness, glad that you brought your DH to the doctors. Imagine a infection in his knee. I never heard of that.I thought when you mentioned it yesterday I thought something like I had but only the opposite. Glad the doctor gave him antibiotics to stop the infection,did he give him pain killers as well???

Glad that the pain was gone and I was able to sleep. Don't like to take them,because of the drowsiness,but when your can't function it better to have them. The prescription read only when needed [1-2 every 6 hrs,but 1 pill lasted 16 hours] of pain free.

VICKIE-Oh I'm so sorry that your puppy is very sick,Wish I could be there with you to give you some :hug: but I have to rely on the cyper ones instead. Can't believe that they would over doze your pup with meds. They're Ok but the side effects are worse.Please take care of yourself,during this ordeal.

Have to go for breakfast I starting to get hungry

coco99 05-07-2009 12:23 PM

Hi Everyone
VICKIE That is awful about your puppy. I would sleep with her also. Hope she feels better by being taken off her meds. Heres some :hug: for both of you.

BEACHBUM glad the meds are helping. Right now. No rain. But guess we are to get some later on today. But that is good. It is letting things dry out some before we get anymore.

So not much going on here. had to meet the insurance man. See what they would pay on son's truck repairs. Then had to wait on son to call and give him details. He will be back tomorrow. Then fixed lunch. For supper we are going to have steel head fish. I have never had it. So not real sure how to fix it. Any ideas. Someone gave it too us. Son dont like fish. So thought I would fix it before he got home.
Oh someone had posted about fixing brussels sprouts. I cant remember who it was. But did they use fresh or frozen. I have some frozen ones. Thought maybe I would fix them. Was thinking whoever had posted that. Said they put some oil on them and seasoning. Cant remember. Again any ideas. let me know.
Well I better get off here.
Get something done.
Will be back later.
coco
Have a great day everyone.

Tejas 05-07-2009 12:44 PM

Hi:

Coco, I have no idea how to cook fish for someone who doesn't like it. There's always frying it, and not eating it yourself :lol:

Maryann: I didn't mean that I checked PM because I never do...but that I after I check my msn email account I often can't get directly onto 3FC and it makes NO sense whatsoever.

I hope everyone is having a good day, but we know Vickie's not :grouphug: I'm staying home from the office and working from here.

I've only eaten 9 points today so far today and am not hungry...that's good.

Rhonda

Vickie 05-07-2009 07:02 PM

Cassie is in the hospital on IV drip with no food or water for the next 48 hours. She was diagnosed with pancreatitis. We don't know what caused it for sure, but it is likely that it was the over issuance of antibiotics and the change in her food. She's expected to recover at this point but we don't know what the future holds. We were told it was lucky for her that we were both vigilant and persistent.

I'm exhausted. I was crying all morning because I didn't want to leave her there, especially after I found out she'd be alone overnight between 8:00 p.m. and 6:30 in the morning. Apparently, you can pay to have a Vet Tech stay if they are critical. Our new Vet assures us that Cassie can be by herself overnight. I'll be calling tonight and first thing in the morning. It promises to be a long 48 hours for Momma and pup.

The good thing is that I'm not hungry, in fact, I'm sick to my stomach. I haven't been eating all my food. No exercise either and I'm not getting in all my water. It'll probably be a bad weigh in for me, but I don't care. As long as my baby gets better.

Thanks for listening and caring and being the best cyber friends out there!

coco99 05-07-2009 07:29 PM

VICKIE I am so sorry. I feel for both of you. I know I hate it when I have to leave one of our girls at the vet. I think they are going to be there all night by themself. Why cant I bring them home with me. Or I think they should have someone there to watch over them at night. So am keeping both of you in my prayers. :hug:

I fixed my fish. I just put it in pan and baked it. I put some minced onions, Mrs Dash, black pepper, and a little sea salt on it. And then I added some smart balance butter.
The brussle sprouts turned out ok. I baked them too long. But I add some canola oil and mrs dash. Was pretty good.
Well I am going to get off here.
Going to get things around so I can watch Grey's after bit.
Hope everyone has a good night.
coco

ontarget 05-07-2009 07:54 PM

Vickie, I'm sorry about Cassie, but it sounds like she's in good hands. Congratulations to you for not resorting to food.

I went to water aerobics this morning and am now tired and sore--but I feel good.

beach bum 05-08-2009 07:57 AM

Good Morning Ladies:)

I can't believe the sun is out,but I'm not going out,Leo is going to the barber and than doing the shopping as the pain killers are making me so sleepy.

Going to attempt to get my laundry done today,and bring some of my light weight clothing upstairs. Have to separate the whites from the other clothes with two laundry bags. TG we don't have any more heavy clothes to wash.

Got a sneak peak on the scale and I'm not doing well this week, it could be the meds or water retention. Lets see what Monday brings.

COCO-Thanks,they're helping, but I'm very sleepy,napped 3 x's yesterday and I'm not a napper. Steel head is a rainbow trout. Is it a fillet or a whole fish? Here's one recipe that I found for you. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Barbequ...ut/Detail.aspx
or maybe the recipe section of this board has some other recipes.Hope the insurance adjuster can do some thing for you. COCO your recipe sound delish. Now you got two way of preparing it.

RHONDA-Oh I never had problems coming into the 3fc board before so I don't know what to tell you.

VICKIE-I'm so sorry to hear about Your Cassie,she's in good hands,hope the both of you found a good night sleep.

SANDRA-I heard that swimming and water aerobics are good forms of exercising as they use all the muscles.

Have a great morning