Old 06-14-2008, 11:38 AM   #31  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm so upset that I'm nauseous. At least I'm not eating.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 11:46 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

For the challenge: on Thursday I walked an extra 40 minutes. Yesterday I walked miles and miles! I'm working most of this in by taking the subway only partway to work.

I have a great life here in the good weather. I can walk my dog in a peaceful ravine, then walk through blocks of nice neighborhoods to a more distant subway stop. Then I get back on the subway for a few stops, get off again and walk through a fancy shopping area to and through the university campus. It's quite special!

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:51 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Rhonda-your walking situation sounds awesome! I can imagine why you love it.
I live on top of a very steep hill surrounded by thick woods. It's beautiful, but not conducive to walking. As I said yesterday, I ordered some dvd's. The program is called something like "ten minute workout". You rotate through yoga, cardio, and strength training for upper body and lower body. I'm hoping that it will be okay for my "bad" shoulder. I've never ordered anything from an infomercial, so I hope I haven't made a mistake.

How was Maya? Getting to see her in person must have been really cool!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 01:54 PM   #34  
focused and aiming

Vickie, I hope they get it repaired and up and running Monday. I understand your frustration.

Rhonda, what a beautiful area you have for walking. Makes me smile.

Sloan, your area sounds beautiful, too. I have a question. I remember seeing a small black bear in Tennessee when I was a young girl. Do you have any near you? What wildlife do you have?

As to my walking? We have 2 acres of flat, open space except for our manmade hill (due to new pond). I walk all over it dragging long long waterhoses. I also walk around checking blooms and growth. I'm loving being back in the country.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 02:34 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Sandra-I am in Northern Middle Tennessee. The bears are more in East Tennessee. On our property we have seen red fox, deer, rabbits, raccoons, skunks, and turkeys. I love looking at the animals that come up in our yard. The turkeys are especially interesting as they sometimes roost about 30 feet up in the trees. I've never seen them fly up, but have seen them so high in the branches. It is pretty comical! When it comes to plants, I am lazy. All of my plants are in pots on the deck; easy to water.

Vicki-Is your ac new? If it is, I'm sure they will make it right. Don't worry.

Angela-are you floating? Let us know how you are!

Hope the rest of you are having a great Saturday
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 06:29 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 180/158/150

A few weeks back, I bought a bicycle with the intention that I would use it to little errands, like to the grocery store, video store, and such. So far, so good -- and even better, I really enjoy it! As an unexpected bonus, I have stopped over-shopping in the grocery stores: I know I'm now limited to two paper bags, one for each saddle bag, so I can't go crazy shopping.
Mrs 888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:32 PM   #37  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

My brother and I took my dad to the zoo today. I walked more than I walked in a long time. My knee was quite sore when I was done (never sat down once in the 2 hours we were there), but it is feeling alright now. So I did get in some more exercise today. We weren't walking at a fast pace but there were lots of stairs and just walking for me is a chore.
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote