Old 04-07-2008, 04:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Core Chat: April 7- April 13

New pages.

Vickie and Sandra posted on last week's thread!

Catch up with them and let us know how you are.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:29 PM   #2  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Here I am - after a food filled weekend - I dare not get on the scale - started my bday celebrations on friday night and I swear I have not yet eaten a meal at home - had dinners/breakfasts out all weekend- and hopefully going to movie w/dh tonight.

DH who is the biggest chocoholic around showed up w/this big honking 1/2 sheet cake - saying the small round one was not big enuf (sure it was but not enuf for the gazillion pieces he wants to eat - this from someone who just had bloodwork done in advance of his annual checkup and who's cholesterol levels are on the high side!).

I must stop all this eating and get back to normal - I have obviously NOT met my bday goal and will have to 'recalbirate' and recommit to getting back on track.

Hope everyone is doing well!

frouf
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:01 PM   #3  

I had a great day today. A student, whom I met 10 years ago, successfully passed her oral examination on her doctoral thesis. So the world has one more PhD out there!

I won't write her story on an open board, but I will say she had a tough slog. She has three children, the first one born about a decade ago...she did all that, worked and did her PhD. We had quite a celebration today, and it wasn't even too high caloric!!

I'm really, really tired! I hope that she is still having a party with the family tonight.

Back on track tomorrow. Spring is here....let's get back to moving everybody! I'm doing free weights and floor exercises tonight.

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 04-07-2008 at 09:01 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:06 AM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Another busy day in another busy week for me. Today I have errands in the morning. I'm shopping for the accessories for my two bathrooms. I'm trying to make paint, new towels and doodads on the sinks, and new hardware make me feel like they are new bathrooms without gutting them and starting over. Today I'm going to Kohls and Target to look. Then I'm coming home for lunch before we go to Apple for an iPod class. Then we come home for about an hour before we go out to dinner (I have no idea where yet) with my Sister and BIL. We are going to get to see their new Toyota hybrid.....I think it's a red Camry but I'm not sure on the model. Whew....I'm tired just talking about it!

OH FROUF.....HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!! I can't believe we forgot your birthday. It sounds like you've had a birthday week. I LOVE those. You'll get back on program soon. As soon as you detox from the sugar, that is!

Rhonda, congratulations on your student's success. You should be proud. All teachers should be proud when their student's succeed. Teachers are horribly underpaid and undervalued. My oldest Sister, my Nephew and His Wife are teachers. It makes me mad on their and others behalf.

Sandra, you never gave us any details on this modular home you are buying. What's happening to the Fifth Wheel? The Playhouse? Inquiring minds want to know. Are you moving again? How are you doing on program? I'm still struggling but doing better.

Angela, what flavors did you decide on?

Paula and Mercee, how are you doing this week?

Happy Tuesday to you all!

Last edited by Vickie; 04-08-2008 at 02:17 PM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:51 AM   #5  

Morning ladies!!

I am at work but I am leaving. I think I have the flu so I am going home and back to bed. Have a nice day all.
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:43 AM   #6  

Thanks, Vickie. I've been a professor for 33 years and I am the most proud of this woman. She had to stuggle against a lot of odds.

AND, yes, Froufie.

I heard from Sandra..they are very busy getting ready for the new unit to be moved in. She has to do a lot of transplanting.

I have to laugh about that: I have one little yellow crocus sticking its head up.

Off to work...have a great OP day...don't forget to MOVE.

Rhonda
Old 04-08-2008, 05:13 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

Froufie! Enjoy that chocolate cake. Wish I had a piece. (or 2)

Vickie, we are getting a 76' singlewide. We'll live in it and also be able to shoot 20 yards shooting from one bedroom through the kitchen, living room, down the hall into the 2nd bedroom. Curtis is going to set up his shop in that 2nd bedroom. We'll turn the 3rd bedroom into an office/workout center.

We will be taking the condo to Montana. After we get there, we will decide on whether or not we'll keep it or sell it. If we sell, we'll stay in a motel or apartment when we're in Montana.

I have been busy transplanting most of what I just finished planting making room for the playhouse to be taken out and the new home brought in. Today I was working on "the hill" on the east side of the pond. It was muddy cuz of all the watering I'm doing and I fell two different times. I wasn't able to break my fall either time and feel very lucky that I didn't break any bones. I am sore all over.

And if falling wasn't enough, I was sweeping the back porch on the playhouse and got a HUGE sliver in my big toe. Curtis had to cut it out. It was half a toothpick size. I gave in and boo hoo'ed. Couldn't help it. I'm a 61 year old baby who's had a bad day.

Eating? It could be worse but it could also be better. I am now getting a lot of exercise working in the yard so that should help. I was going to go back out in a couple of hours but now that I've had "surgery" on my toe, I think I'll stay in the rest of the day and pamper myself. But being a woman, I will continue doing laundry.

Rhonda, I am so happy for your former student. She must be an amazing woman.

Mercee, take care of that flu.

I'm off here now to lick my wounds. I'll be back later.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:14 PM   #8  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Wow - at least you have a flower - we now have a 4 x 4 foot of the ugliest yellow/brown patch (I think it's supposed to be grass? ) on our front lawn amidst the dirty snow....and today was the first day I was able to pull out of my driveway and see where I was going! Guess those drifts are finally melting and we are expecting rain tomorrow (and possibility of flooding for some!)

Okay Vickie - what exactly is an IPOD class? seriously? I have an ipod (pink of course) and yes I don't really know what I'm doing but I do manage to get some music out of it - ha ha ha.....and I wish I was there to help you with the bathroom decor - I love that kind of stuff - good at coordinating things - and I esp love it when it's not my money I'm spending - LOL. Good luck and hope you found something pretty (what colors are the bathrooms?)

As for the birthday celebrations trying to slowly wean myself off of the goodies - had a sandwich today at lunch and have been having tummy troubles all afternoon so I am heading home tonight instead of going to my exercise class - don't want to spend most of it running to and from the washroom (mind you there could be some good exercise in that?)

Mercee - hope you are feeling better!

Sandra - yes we all need more details on the modular unit - sounds so science-fiction like - maybe some pics might help all these 'inquiring minds'?

I am heading off to Syracuse on Friday (yes there will be some stress eating there) as dance competition season begins and we head out to our first dance competition. The competition takes place all in one day (quite unusual) so dd has all 7 dances throughout the day and unfortunately we have to be up, ready, dressed/makeup and at the high school auditorium (about 10 miles from hotel) by 7:30 am - wish us luck! It will be a very long day.

We will drive down on Friday - and dd is sick with excitement not so much for the competition but for the U.S. SHOPPING - yes with mom's credit card of course - going to the malls to find all the bargains (ya right). Hope to keep it to a reasonable limit.

So no rest this weekend I guess?

Frouf

P.S. Sandra - looks like we were posting at the same time - sounds like you are having a rough time of it - I too am a big baby and don't blame you one bit for pouting. Don't work too hard and take a break when you need to - and thanks for the extra special birthday wishes!

Last edited by Froufy; 04-08-2008 at 05:16 PM.
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:20 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

Thank you, Froufie. I'll post photos when I can get some. Right now, the bestlooking thing out here is Curtis' new pond. It now has flowers all around it.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:16 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone. Well, I did go to wi today. Stayed the same. Thats OK considering I've had a hard time this week sticking to program. I need to make a huge effort this week to journal everything. I do better those weeks then the past few where I've just been "winging it". So, its a new week for me.

Frouf,. Happy Birthday! Hope it was as great as you deserve. Glad to hear you see some grass, although brown. The snow must be melting.

Sandra, the new modular sounds nice. When are you heading to Montana?

Vickie, is the bathroom done yet? How did it come out? I'm thinking of doing some changes to ours. We renovated it prior to moving into the house 10 years ago. Have done nothing to it since. I think its time!

Well, got to get dd out of the shower. Yes, she now prefers showers to baths. The catch is I still need to wash her hair and wash her. So, I stand hovering into the shower with my shirt off. DH laughed the last time. With a 5 year old, who knows what will be her whim tomorrow. Not sure what to expect when she is 13!

Have a good night.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:42 PM   #11  

Hi Everyone
How is everyone doing.
I need to go and catch up on everyone.
Went to WW last night. gained 2 lbs. But knew I had a gain. Between tom and all the cravings I have been having. And making the wrong choices. I guess that wasnt a bad gain. I need to try and get under control again. But I have such a hard getting back in contorl. Once I get out of control.
We had beautiful day today. Cleaned out two flower beds today. Still got a couple more to do.
Well I am going to get off here and catch up on everyone.
Hope you have had a great day.
Thinking of everyone.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:32 AM   #12  

Sandra,

We were thinking about going with a modular home when we first started to build. They're quite amazing. We actually went to a nearby factory and saw how they pretty much finished the entire house right there in the huge building. They said that modular homes actually have the problem of being TOO airtight because they're built in such a controlled environment nothing warps. It was quite fascinating.

I am gearing up for my Ladies' Night I'm donating product and time to. I think it'll be fun. The garden center where it is located is my favorite store to go to. Besides all the neat gardening stuff, they have a lot of pond/waterfall stuff and cute kittens! How could you beat that?

It's so funny - I'm sitting here typing and watching my cat trying to "fish" for our goldfish. He sits completely still watching the fish, and then dashes out quick as lightning, sticking his paw in the water. Somehow he's never quick enough though. The fish always gets away. It's not for lack of the cat's trying though. He also likes drinking the delicious fish-flavored water.

I am feeling a little more normal lately. I'm not having so many panic/anxiety attack things, and am starting to enjoy life again. I tell you; starting a business is NOT fun. We are really low on money, and of course, the business is not making any money yet, since we just opened a month ago. I am working on my food costs and making sure they're reasonable. We had some trouble items. I am learning a lot though.

Well, almost time to take the girls to school. Later!

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:46 PM   #13  
focused and aiming

Paula, we aren't sure when we'll head for MT, but we are going sometime late May most likely. We are already signed up for the MT Senior Olympics mid-June, so I know we'll be there by then. The 09 National Senior Games are going to be in San Francisco and everyone has to qualify at a state championship in 08.

Angela. I completely understand about starting up a new business. I wish you both the best of success. Thank you for telling me what you found out about manufactured homes. I appreciate your post.

Coco, hang in there. Those lbs will come off.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:19 PM   #14  

I just can't get the image of shooting an arrow through my house out of my mind. It's not something that learners ought to do! Thank goodness Sandra and Curtis are experts.!!!!
Old 04-09-2008, 06:49 PM   #15  

Hi Everyone
Just getting on here for a few.
AGHIOWA That would be cute watching your kitty trying to catch the fish. Sounds like your new business is doing well.
ONTARGET I cant imagine shooting arrows through my house. I would have holes everywhere.
FROUFY Have a great time on your trip. Happy belated Birthday.
TEJAS Hope you had a great day.
VICKIE how are you doing. Did you get all your stuff for you bathrooms. Hope so. We need to do some painting here. But just havent done it yet. Maybe one of these days.
Well am going to get off here for now.
Hope everyone had a great day.
Thinking of each of you.
Have a wonderful relaxing evening everyone
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote