Old 01-12-2008, 08:14 PM   #76  

Quote:
Originally Posted by septembersgoal View Post
I feel like all I do is breastfeed, clean up, feed again..
Thats all you should be doing Melissa!!!! Its the most rewarding job ever..

Last edited by p.a.; 01-12-2008 at 08:15 PM.
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 08:31 PM   #77  
focused and aiming

Coco, ketchup is core. You did good, my friend.

Melissa, you're a great mother. I can imagine how tired but happy you're feeling. We had Core goulash tonight. It was yummy. Now I just need to "not snack."

Last edited by ontarget; 01-12-2008 at 08:32 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 11:58 PM   #78  

Melissa,

I totally feel your frustration. I remember thinking it was a good day when I had my babies if I got a shower in! Hang in there - breastfeeding is hard in the beginning, but it gets much easier. After a while, it's easier than bottle feeding, I think, because it's always with you, it's always prepared, and it's always the right amount.

We are super busy with starting a business now. I'll tell you all more about it later...I'm tired and I'm going to bed!

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:56 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning:

And, why oh why, is there an expression "sleep like a baby" implying a restful sleep!? As you age, you do sleep more like a baby and it ain't fun: especially when you have to get up to go to work.

Melissa, enjoy, enjoy... and whine all you want

I'm off to see the postponed movie with goddaughter and her mother.

Sandra: hope you're shooting well in Corsicana.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:23 PM   #80  
Melissa

Thanks everyone. I am very glad to be breastfeeding; I know that it is good for her, it's a great bonding experience, etc. but it is definitely exhausting! I'm trying to start pumping because when I go back to work in a couple of weeks we'll have to use bottles and probably supplement with formula since I haven't built up a supply yet. Breastfeeding is supposed to help you lose weight, hopefully it will!
I've joined another website called ***********, have you all heard of it? It's a nice place to track calories, etc, plus there are lots of "teams" and message boards. Anyway it seems like a neat site, if nothing else to track food and exercise.
I've been out shopping with Emma and my mom today so I'm quite tired. I'm going to go find something to eat for dinner and rest for awhile! I hope that you all are having a great weekend.
septembersgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:50 PM   #81  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Melissa - you will build up a supply in no time - the more you breastfeed/pump the more you will produce. I remember 'storing' breastmilk after I had little ds and was doing my MBA - remember counting the seconds till class was over so I could either rush home to feed or pump! You know you can freeze breastmilk....

Vickie - thanks for the muffin recipe - they sound so yummy!

Rhonda - hope you are not long suffering and can walk - guess you really got into that bellydancing!

...and yes I think I have caught up on my sleep - yesterday I was in my jammies til around 5pm - napping on and off as the mood struck. Then went out to a movie with dh and little ds (Bucket LIst - great movie and sure makes you think about what you want to accomplish in life!).

Today more sleep - up around 7:30 for potty break then back to bed til 11 am! MIL came over today to show us her new car (which bil/her son got her) - she watched and played w/ds while dh and I were finally able to haul dd's old dressers to Salvation Army to done - now just one big box spring left in the garage that we need to get rid of.

Also did some cooking today - with a new veggie Kale! (supposed to be very healthy) - found a recipe for Kale soup - it was delicious (onions, carrots celery, chicken broth, diced sweet potato, paprika, turmeric and chopped kale) - very quick and easy and full of veggies! Also made some stir fried chicken (marinated in lemon garlic dressing) with veggies and brown rice but too full from the soup to eat any of it!

Guess the weekend is over and I sure don't feel like I accomplished much - except lots of grocery shopping and some cooking - oh well - still have to work on the makeup drawer in the bathroom - got a new organizer a couple of weeks ago and my goal is to clean out and reorganize my makeup. (maybe throw some of it out!! )

Frouf
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:06 PM   #82  

I made the muffins from Fibre 1 cereal, and they are REALLY good. I added blueberries.

I went to see the Great Debaters today, and it is also a great movie: very inspirational.

Looks like someone removed the website Melissa recommended. That surprises me, and I don't understand that.

Sandra, let us know how the shooting was today.

Rhonda
Old 01-13-2008, 10:06 PM   #83  
focused and aiming

Hi there, Chickies. We are home from shooting. This was the first time since last March that I shot my compound in an indoor tournament. I feel good about my performance even though I didn't score as high as I was scoring before "target panic" set in last year. Today I stayed calm and focused. I did get exhausted. I have been shooting a lot recently but that was with my longbow. The compound is much more tiring because of all the concentration (right brain stuff) it involves. Anyway, I am pleased. Today's score is my baseline. My plan is to steadily improve. Today I shot 285 out of 300. We'll shoot at Georgetown, TX this coming Saturday. I am aiming (pun intended) to score in the 290's.

Curtis and I made eating choices today that will take us further from our goal. I am blaming those choices on exhaustion because I know it could not have been our fault. We were wiped out and needed quick energy. Seriously, we got off program but could have done much much worse.

Melissa, you're going back to work in 2 weeks? Did you get a different job? I can't remember.

Rhonda, is that Fiber 1 Cereal muffin recipe posted here? Have you made the All Bran Brownies? They're really good, too.

Frouf, I'm glad you got some rest. What all did you cook this weekend? Did you make a Froufie Roast?

Vickie will be back tomorrow. Seems she's been away a long time, doesn't it?

Angela, I am very curious about your new business. Please let us know as soon as you can.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:24 PM   #84  

Congrats on staying focused Sandra....you'll make it in shooting and in losing.

The Fibre 1 muffins are on page 3 of Core Breakfast. Unless I'm mistaken, you posted the recipe. Vickie posted the thread a few days ago on this week's Chat.

If someone else is on line tomorrow morning early, go ahead and start the new Chat week.

Night all,
Rhonda
Old 01-13-2008, 10:27 PM   #85  

I was right, it's a recipe from you, Sandra. Here is Vickie's link to the page with the recipe on it:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...t=53172&page=3[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Tejas; 01-13-2008 at 10:28 PM.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:39 PM   #86  
Melissa

Hey there chickies, just checking in before bed.

Rhonda, I didn't think about the fact that they would block another "diet" site. It's totally different to me so I didn't think about it being a competitor, but I guess it is.

I'll have to try those muffins you all were talking about. We could always use more fiber.

Off to pump and then go to bed. I'm so very tired!!
septembersgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 07:45 AM   #87  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I sent that very short, quick message to you all on Friday from the Apple store when I learned that I was going to have to leave my Mac for them to do the data transfer from the PC to the Mac. I throught they were going to do it while I waited. Silly girl. They managed to save quite a few things for us, including Jim's iPod and my pictures so we are happy. We picked it back up yesterday.

I can't stay long today. Today is Jim's prep day for his colonoscopy. I'm not going to WW because I want to be home with him and because I feel all bloated and crabby. His test is at 7:00 a.m. tomorrow. Prayers and good thoughts will be gratefully appreciated.

Have a great day! I'll be drinking lots of water and liquids with Jim today.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 07:47 AM   #88  
Southside White Sox Fan

These are the muffins that I was recommending. I've never had the fiber one muffins.

Banana Walnut (or not walnut) Muffins

These are from BCB and they are outstanding. I confess to adding the walnuts. My rationale is that they are good for me! I would tweak the recipe a bit the next time I make them. I froze a dozen. They were still great after being frozen.

Banana Walnut (or nor Walnut) Muffins

Ingredients

3 1/2 cups uncooked oatmeal
1 1/2 cups uncooked Cream Of Wheat (I used Farina)
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 cups fat-free skim milk
3 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon table salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener
2 1/4 cups of mashed ripe bananas (about 4 really big ones)
1/4 cup walnuts makes these muffins core plus and 1 point a piece

Instructions

Mix all ingredients and spoon into sprayed muffin pans. You can mound them up over the top of the pan because they do not rise. Cook at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Yield 24 muffins.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote