Old 12-13-2007, 12:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/205/145

Height: 5'5

Default Looking for a strategy

I am convinced that I am a p.m.s. eater. For what ever reason, no matter how great I have been eating, its like a little voice in my head that says "cheat you'll feel better". Does anyone have any tricks to beat cravings? Mostly its a salt craving so I was thinking of whippin up some popcorn. Another thing is my bf is not a dieter what so ever, the apt is stocked with junk food which is just soooo tempting. what do you do? do you cook seperately, maybe have a cabinet that is just for core foods? I know i sound neurotic but i want to do it right. Flex worked but i got too loose with it, so i thought i'd try core, keep me focused.
craftygrl80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:09 PM   #2  

I have chocolate and salty cravings and it is amplified during pms. One trick to help me beat the cravings is to eat yogurt. I have a serving of yogurt every day usually morning or afternoon. I don't fully understand why yogurt works for me but it does. I find that if I skip the yogurt for a couple of days then my cravings come right back.
OneXSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 03:03 PM   #3  
WW Core plan

S/C/G: 232~196~155

Height: 5'7"

Its the calcium. Calcium helps alleviate the symptoms of PMS in some people. Unfortunately, I'm not one of those lucky people.

I feel your pain. You need to tell your bf that he needs to keep his junk elsewhere. My husband has his own little cubby hole where he is allowed to put his snack foods, but most of the time he never buys anything for himself...so the temptations are not at home.

My problem is that I'm a sweets lover. Especially cake and chocolate. I can't control myself and it's very hard to stop eating once I've started.
LosinLuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 04:53 PM   #4  

i agree get rid of the junkfood in your place.. if its not there you cant eat it!
He can hide it and NOT eat if in front of you. Popcorn is a great idea..there are some Core dips you can have too with veggies that are good too.
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 09:25 PM   #5  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

I was thinking, are you taking a multivitamin? Esp. pre-TOM time. I used to take a vitamin that is a combo of calcium and magnesium, they say that your body dumps those 2 minerals prior to TOM creating that imbalance that makes you feel so great. Also a good B vitamin combo might help if you have mood issues as well. Now I just take a women's multi, I get either from Vitamin World or GNC and it works just as well.

I go for chocolate, and have found that dark chocolate satisfies the urge without binging, I can eat a chunk and then leave it, milk chocolate, not so much
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 09:42 PM   #6  
the one on the left

S/C/G: 215/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi Crafty --- I sympathize with you on the salt cravings - only I have them ALL the time! Do you like the 100-calorie pack things? They give you just enough to satisfy the salt (or sweet) craving, w/o ruining your diet. And if the popcorn is light, try eating the snack-pack size of them....you won't do much damage. Just drink some water with it!! best of luck
alisluv is offline   Reply With Quote