Old 11-19-2007, 01:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Post Core Chat: November 19-November 25

Here's our new pages for Turkey week for all you folks in the U.S. We Canucks and ex-pats have already had our turkey, so no excuses from us this week; your turn!

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:32 PM   #2  

OK, all you 13 people who have checked out our chat already, why don't you drop in and say hello???

Old 11-19-2007, 05:30 PM   #3  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hi Rhonda, I do enjoy reading the Core board chats,
You shamed me into posting.
I hope you have a wonderful day.
Ann
Newlifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:52 PM   #4  
focused and aiming

Ann, I wish you'd post here more often. I love reading your posts. You are a very very uplifting Chickie.

Rhonda, I will prob have a gain tomorrow. I've made some poor choices the past 3 days. Life goes on.

So? Where is everyone?
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 07:26 PM   #5  

OK, Ann (and the rest of you....come back!)

Hang in there Sandra....you'll make it...if not this week, then next!

Rhonda
Old 11-19-2007, 11:38 PM   #6  

Default Starting Core

I'm a lifetime member of WW. I've gained a lot of weight back. I've decided to try Core. My daughter is doing it and has lost a lot of weight. I went to the store today and bought all the foods I need to start the first week. Couldn't believe how much vegetables cost. I know that I will have to follow the book to the letter to make this work for me. I don't lose weight quickly no matter what I try. My head is in the right frame of mind in regard to this and I know it will work. Wish me luck. I hope to be back here regularly to let you know how I'm doing or ask questions.
busdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:16 AM   #7  

Ruth!

Many of us have the same experience of losing and regaining, but we, like you, keep up the good work!

It's very sad that the healthy foods are often the more expensive ones. But, in the long run, they will be the less expensive ones: it might take less to fill you up, your health care costs might go down, you might eat out less, etc., etc. It will vary for each of us, of course.

We do wish you luck, so join in!

Rhonda
Old 11-20-2007, 01:58 PM   #8  
Lytricia

S/C/G: 164/working on it/130

hi everyone.

First of all I like to say welcome to the newbies here...you have come to the right board for encouragement and more! I am relatively new here as well (3 weeks) and I have been coached and enlightened many, many times. We do have a great group.

Well, I have decided to change my weigh in days from Thursday's to Monday's. I find that I tend to be a bad girl on weekends because I have it in the back of my mind that I have a few days to correct myself before I weigh-in and what is happening is that I get busy and not careful and before you know it it is weigh in day and I am riddled with anxiety that I won't have lost anything. So I think that the Monday weigh in will keep me closer on track during the week-end and hopefully will be the key to greater success.

I went out today and bought the You On A Diet book just to see what it says. I see that some of you refer to it here as well as the CORE plan and so I was curious as to what the connection would be. Besides I think it is the only diet book that I didn't own yet so in order to keep the heirloom collection complete of every diet book ever written that my kids will undoubtedly sell on eBay when I'm gone I thought it would be best.

Hopefully It will shed some more light onto what I'm trying to accomplish here!

Talk to you all again soon -
Lytricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:44 PM   #9  

Hi All (including you closeted lurkers!)

Lytricia, I hope you like the YOAD book. I do a lot of the exercises at night, on the floor, while watching a movie or TV with DH. I find they help a lot in terms of keeping me limber and stretched. The chapter on belly fat is humbling and scarey....good motivation...my copy now turns naturally to that chapter!

My eating has been not too bad today, but I'm having zero point soup for supper. I had half an avocado at lunch and they are soooo full of calories: no wonder they're so good!

So, what's up for Thanksgiving with everyone? We are going to a dinner sponsored by Democrats Abroad (oops, just let that political statement slip out!) here in Toronto. The menu will be traditional...you know, NOT core!

Tell us all what you're doing...

Rhonda
Old 11-20-2007, 07:31 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

Ruth. I'm a lifer relosing, too. At least we don't give up, eh? Come back here often. This is a good place to share support. We need you.

Lytricia, I think Monday WI's will help you get through the weekend. First time I joined WW back in 1968, I was going on Monday AM. I almost got to goal. Should have--could have. Good success to you.

Rhonda, every time I drive down N. Main and see where the Esquire used to be, I think of you and Doyle. Did ya'll see that there's a parking lot there now? It actually looks nice. They even have some landscaping.

Rhonda, we're going to relatives in Buda just south of Austin. Guess Golden Corral will have to make it without all of us this year.

We went to WI this AM. Curtis lost .4 and I maintained. Life is good.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:39 PM   #11  

Hi Everyone
Well I just thought I would check in.
Things didnt go well last night. I gained 1 1/2 lbs. That makes me up 6 lbs in the last 4 weeks. I just cant seem to get back on track. All I feel like I want to do is eat. I really think it is these BC pills they put me on. So guess I am going to have to call the DR and see if they can change them or something. Because I just cant afford to gain anymore weight. Ok enough complaining.
How is everyone doing.
LYTRICIA I go to the Monday weigh in.And I like them. Because it does help me when I am in control. That I dont go overbroad for the weekend.
ONTRAGET How are you doing. Good job on maintaining. That is wonderful. Guess we are going to the brother-in-law for Thanksgiving. Not looking forward to it at all. But have to keep peace in the family.
TEJAS How are you doing. Never had a avocado before. Often wondered what they tasted like. But have been afraid to buy one. Not sure how to even clean one.
WELCOME TO ALL THE NEWBIES. The ladies here are wonderful.
Well I hope everyone has had a great day.
Thinking of each of you.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:18 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

Coco, maybe your problem is medically caused. Don't give up. Just keep on plugging along. My maintain this week gave me a boost. Today I've been OP. You can do it.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:13 AM   #13  

Thanks for the warm welcome. Well, I made it through the first full day of core. It wasn't too bad. Can't believe I made it through the day without a piece of bread. I need to do core if for no other reason than to give up all the sweet sugary foods I have been eating. Its like I was possessed. Had to always have something sweet. I didn't drink any water. Today the water drinking begins and work from there. Have to go. Will be back later.
busdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:03 AM   #14  

Good morning all:

Good luck today, Ruth (and all). I find it hard to not eat any bread. From time to time I have some, but I make certain that it is high fiber, like pumpernickel or some of the stone ground whole wheat. I also eat almonds and walnuts for some crunch and the good fats: just count the points!

Drinking water definitely helps the process, even if it does increase the number of trips to the loo

Coco..just hang in and talk to your doctor...write it all down when you eat!

OK, I hope everyone has a good OP day and that some of the others write in...

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 11-21-2007 at 09:04 AM.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:25 AM   #15  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning ladies,
I will try to come and visit this thread each and every day.
Yesterday was such a busy day for me. I ate well, but only because I had planned it the day before and packed a bag yesterday with the food I would be eating.
Rhonda, did you get any snow? I guess it is snowing like crazy in Ottawa.
Sandra, how are you doing? You must be getting so many activity points. I hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving tomorrow.
Ruth, congratulations being on plan yesterday. You can also drink herbal tea to get in your water. I enjoy water so I don't have any problem getting my water in. I even drink water with my meals now. good luck
Lytricia, the YOAD is supposed to be just like core, I have friends who got it to help them understand why they should be eating as they are. I bought the Beck Diet Solution books as I needed to get out of my complacent ways with ww. I lost 50 pounds within 6 months but then have only lost a minimal amount after that. I thought I needed to change things around a bit, I was hoping that ww would have a bit of a change to get me excited again....Good luck with your book.
Cocoa, are you eating enough? Do you write down everything you eat. I was not losing and my leader found that it was because I was exercising too much. I run 5k a day and I walk between 10,000 - 20,000 steps a day. At first the leader I had didn't think I was eating on plan, but it is such a way of life for me, just like brushing my teeth. I got discouraged with ww. I then found an awesome leader and she is working with me trying to get me to eat more and it seems to be working. I just had a problem with eating more to lose weight, it made no sense to me. When I stopped running for the week, I lost 2 pounds. I don't want to give up running so I am working with this leader now. I hope that you find out what is happening with you. It gets frustrating when you are gaining and you can't figure out why.
Well I didn't mean to write a book...ooops.
Have a wonderful day everyone
Ann
Newlifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote