Old 09-24-2007, 05:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Post Core Chat: September 24-30

Ok, new pages...but go back to last thread to get posts from today.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:47 PM   #2  
focused and aiming

Hi there. Thanks for the clean pages. Now let's dirty them up. Come on, Chickies. Let's post away here.

Curtis and I spent today getting more loose ends tied up. Looks like we'll most likely leave next week.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:12 PM   #3  

Hi Everyone
Just a quick check in.
Went to the store before my meeting. So have to put stuff away. Did put the stuff in the refridge that needed to be put there. Just the rest.
Anyway. Went to my meeting tonight. I stayed the same. So will take that. I know I struggled this week. But I know next week will be better.
I am thinking of each of you.
Hope everyone had a great day.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:59 PM   #4  

Hi:

I've not taken the time to read all of the last few days of posts, but I'll try to do that tomorrow. But, yes, Sandra, that cake had to be "Death by Chocolate" and thanks, Coco...eating 1/2 slice took some willpower for sure.

I've done very well today with eating. Basically, I didn't eat much during the day and had baked fish and veggies for dessert. This week's task is to get back to the 1200 calories a day routine, which isn't that hard, but takes a LOT of concentration. It seems to be all that really works for me lately.

Night all,
Rhonda
Old 09-25-2007, 08:34 AM   #5  

Morning chicks,
coco staying the same is good too! especialy if you struggled this week..good for you
Sandra Im getting confused I thought you moved already sorry. so your in a condo now untill your trailer is ready??
Rhonda it is hard to keep on track counting calories...every time I think I have it down,,I screw it up again. The other day I put my calories into fitday to see what it came to?? over 2000 calories for the day....and I it was all YOAD approved food,just too much of it. I have to keep on myself allthe time..portion control...portion control. (by the way ..I didnt know grapes had so many calories in them...those little suckers are full of sugar)
off towork now...
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:21 AM   #6  
focused and aiming

Good morning, Chickies. We're up early getting ready to go into Missoula to run errands.

Patti, the condo is what we call the 5th wheel. Sorry about the confusion. What we're waiting on now is several loose ends caught up. We bought a one ton truck and will get it this afternoon. The dealership is installing the 5th wheel hitch on it and will have it ready late today.

Rhonda, I don't remember if I told you how proud I am of you for only eating 1/2 a piece of cake. You have a lot of self control.

Coco, be proud of your maintaining. That's as good as it gets sometimes. I am proud for you that you didn't gain.

Patti, I have to watch portions, too. I had a dentist once who told me that I needed moderation in everything I ate. (I was complaining about breaking a crown eating raw carrots.)

I'm in my jeans today and am already feeling better about myself. I'm journaling and writing every bite. Yesterday I used a lot of WAP's but that's what they're for. Today I'll do better. Life is good.

Talk at you later.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:34 PM   #7  

Hi everyone! I just signed up for my first WW monthly pass and I've been looking on the website. One thing I noticed is they've assigned me 35 weekly points (through Monday). I will not be attending a meeting until Monday, so I was hoping you could give me some information. Does that sound like the right amount of points for the rest of the week? It seems awfully low to me. If that's not right, can I change it? I look forward to chatting with you!

ETA: Never mind! I'm not too bright today. I should have signed up for the flex plan.

Last edited by Amy8888; 09-25-2007 at 05:18 PM.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:45 PM   #8  

Hi All:

Well, you're welcome here, Amy. A lot of us count points and eat Core. We just try to do what works for us.

Sandra, it's good to hear you feeling better. I've been good today and am glad. I get lots of NSVs as I walk past all those food outlets at work!

I ate only cereal and yogurt for breakfast, had an omelette for lunch and more cereal and yogurt for dinner. I noticed I was getting a bit short-tempered though!!

A woman died here in Toronto from a botched liposuction procedure. Just a reminder that it's not benign to have surgery, of any kind.

On that cheerful note, I'm signing off. Have to go to bed early in order to get up early for work. I wanna be retired

Rhonda
Old 09-25-2007, 11:28 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

Amy, if you're doing Core, you can have 35 weekly allowance points in addition to as many of the core foods as you need to stay satisfied. If you're doing Flex, you get a certain amount of points per day based on your age, weight, activity. In addition to that amount you get 35 bonus points to spend during the week.

I hope this helps. Oh, yes! to the core board. We're glad to have you here with us.

Rhonda, that is sad. I guess we never know when our time's up.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:44 AM   #10  
Donna

UGH,

Had a really bad day yesterday and fell into the "old me habits" I'm so tired of this. I picked up a day at work, so I'll miss WW this morning (probably a good thing after last night). I may go in on Sat morning, but I may just skip this week all together, I don't know.

Coco - I forgot to answer a couple of questions you had last week. This was our 6th anniversary, but we dated (no we did not live together) for 13.5 years before we were married so it feels like longer. Also VFT is Patti's term - "virgin fat territory". I've decided if I haven't seen it in 10+ years its virgin.

Anyway, have a great day everyone.
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 12:58 PM   #11  

good morning ladies, i thought i'd just jump right in .. i have been doing core for almost 2 months and have lost about 15 pounds so i think the core is the way to go for me.. only problem is last week i was on vacation, didnt go anyplace but had hubby and kids around all week so needless to say i went back to my old ways ..not so bad but bad enuf that i didnt even go to ww last thursday. i need to go no matter if i lose or gain, its what keeps me on track. so its wed and im using it as my unofficial monday and had my cup of special k w/berries 2 points .. 1 cup of ff milk .. core and im sitting here ..thinking... ok .. now what can i eat.. pittiful huh ... so im reading some of these posts for some help maybe i'll go for a walk .. might be a good idea .. well have a great day ladies.
JustAttitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 06:38 PM   #12  

Hi Everyone
How is everyone doing.
Hope everyone is ok.
Not much happening here.
TECHALUM it is so easy to fall into our old habits. I know that for sure. I seem to be falling into them all the time. But with each others support. We can do this. Hope you are feeling better. Try and go to your meeting. No matter how bad your week was. I know. I need to face the scales every week not matter what. And as our leader tells us. LET IT GO!! Have a good evening.
TEJAS how are you today. That is awful about the lady dying from surgery. I often think. If I ever get to goal. Do I want liposuction or just be really flabby. Think I will go with the flab.
ONTARGET did you get your truck. Wont be long and you will be on the road. How long will you have to travel. Will you do some sight seeing on your way to Texas. Hope you had a good day.
P.A. Hope you had a good day. You know I like to eat fresh fruit. But I am surprised at how much natural sugar is in it. But I guess that is better than having all the added kind of sugar. I need to do better with portion control myself.
JUSTATTITUDE AND AMY WELCOME!! this is a wonderful board. The ladies here are great.
Well am going to get off here.
Hope everyone had a great day.
Thinking of each of you.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:04 PM   #13  
focused and aiming

Hi there, Attitude. Sounds like you, Donna, and I are having a struggle going on. Curtis says, "If it were easy, nobody would be overweight." The main thing is for us to hang in there and not give up.

Coco, we're getting our truck tomorrow. We're having our condo commercially hauled to TX. The driver's coming Fri AM. We'll be leaving shortly after him driving the truck pulling the travel trailer, and driving the Ford Expedition. This will be a destination oriented trip. We won't be doing any sightseeing at all. We're anxious to get to TX and get started getting our place set up at my son's.

Not much going on. We're readying to leave Fri. Tomorrow night we're having dinner with family here in MT. This will be the last time we get to see them till next summer.

Have a good evening. I'll catch you later.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:30 PM   #14  

Attitude...it's a great board here. And, congrats on the weight loss. Boy, would I LOVE to see another 15 pounds gone. Maybe your success will rub off on me!

That said...I'm just dropping in folks...long day at work, another tomorrow. I'm doing mostly OK on Core, but tonight I was surprised by a neighborhood group of friends with a belated birthday cake. I had some, but a small slice.

Coco, I think I'll stick with the flab also!

Night all,
Rhonda
Old 09-27-2007, 08:39 AM   #15  
Donna

Just popping in to say

Got back on track yesterday. Still undecided about ww. Coco it's not a face the music thing, it's a time thing, I don't have any!

-Tech
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote