Old 09-29-2007, 10:14 PM   #1  
Core convert

S/C/G: 150/137/125

Height: 5'3"

Default CORE question

Hi all!
I have been doing the core plan for about a month (relatively short time i would say) so I am still working out the basics.
Here is my question:
Say I am making a casserole and everything in the casserole is core besides, for example, the bread crumbs on the top. Can I count just a point or two for the breadcrumbs and not the rest because it is core? Or do I have to count the whole thing because it has one non-core ingredient?
Thanks for the help!
lmills730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 12:03 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

For one non-Core, ingredient you just count the points for that ingredient. I think the rule is that if you have two or more non-Core ingredients you are supposed to count points for the whole item.

Good Luck!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 12:05 AM   #3  
Core convert

S/C/G: 150/137/125

Height: 5'3"

Thanks Vickie!
lmills730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 03:18 PM   #4  
banned

yes
andreaphilip3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:55 AM   #5  

Maybe you all can help?
Is turkey bacon CORE?
The WW materials say fat free dairy products are CORE, but would that also include fat free 1/2 and 1/2 for my coffee? I can ask at my meeting next Tuesday, but having an answer today might be much more helpful over the next couple of days.
Thanks if you can help!
Linda
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 07:27 AM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

Linda, FF 1/2 and 1/2 is not Core. I think it has sugar in it. Ladies in my meetings who like cream in their coffee use FF skim evaporated milk. They say it is close.

Turkey Bacon is also not Core but I cannot explain why not. I have an old CFC but I don't think this has changed. Candadian Bacon is Core.

Sorry....
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 06:32 PM   #7  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

The turkey bacon probably has sugar or corn syrup in it, that's probably why as well. I'll have to try the ff skim evaporated milk. I use those flavored creamers which I know are not the best, but I only like my coffee certain ways and I have to have my coffee. I do like it with 1/2 and 1/2 so it doesn't have to be sweet. Anyway, DH and I went low carb this week and it seemed to jump start my weight loss, I'll see for sure tomorrow at weigh-in, but my scale says so, so I'm looking at Core with more interest now. Thanks for the info.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote