Old 07-13-2007, 09:34 AM   #1  
Melissa

Talking Hello My Chickie Friends!

Hi!! I've missed you all very much!! We have been halfway crazy working and trying to get things done around the house before Christmas. I haven't even had the chance to come by and read to see how you all are doing!
I thought I'd update you all really quickly on how things are going here. I'm still sick off and on but for the most part I'm feeling pretty good. Being at work is hard during the day (of course, it always was!) but I've had quite a bit of energy at home. We've gotten a lot done (Aaron more than me).
We just found out on Monday that we are having a girl!! The tech said she is 99% sure. We will have another ultrasound in about four weeks and she'll double check. But she was pretty certain.
Eating-wise I've not been doing the best but not horrible either. I've only gained about 5 pounds which I'm thankful for--but I can tell that it's going to start coming on more quickly now. I'm trying to just eat only when I'm hungry and make decent choices while still eating what I am craving. Luckily I am totally in love with fresh tomatoes and cucumbers.
Well I think that's about it for me. We are just really happy and excited. Our daughter already has Aaron wrapped around her finger. He'll be hopeless!!
Oh, how do you all like the name Emma Claire? We were originally thinking Hannah, which I still like, or Elizabeth and call her Ellie. But since we found out for sure that she's a girl we've been trying out Emma.
I'll be back very soon! Looking forward to saying "Hi" to all of you.
septembersgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:52 PM   #2  

Hey Melissa... someone was asking about you last week..its soo good to hear from you..a GIRL...thats soooo nice. I love the name Emma! But, Im also partial to Patti.. hahahaha Glad your doing good. 5 pounds is really good so far. I think your doing great..keep checking in with updates!!
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:29 PM   #3  
focused and aiming

hey, there, podna!!! it's soooo good to see you here and to learn what's going on with the 3 of you. i like all the names. but i'm like patti and think you should consider "sandra." seriously, the names you're testing are adorable.

thanks for the update.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:58 PM   #4  
Melissa

Hi girls! It's great to "hear" from you. I hope that you all are doing great with your weight loss/being healthy.

Sandra I meant to email you after I read that article...it was so neat. I'm friends with a celebrity.

I hope to catch up with everyone soon!!
septembersgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 08:36 AM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Melissa, it is SO great to hear from you! I hope you update us regularly. I do think about you and Aaron often. Have you finished the baby's room yet?

I LOVE the name Emma Claire. I also love Abigail Ann. I tried to get my Niece to name my goddaughter Abigail Ann but she chose Sarah Elizabeth instead. That was good with me too!

I think a five pound gain is fabulous for 3 months? Congratulations on your great choices.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 01:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Melissa!

It's good to hear from you. All of those names you mentioned were really nice.

Sandra Victoria Patricia would have a nice ring!

Seriously, you couldn't go wrong; just don't name her Paris!

Take good care of yourself and DH, and let us hear from you.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 03:51 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

what a hoot, rhonda! paris! i love it.

melissa, i miss you. i hope you can get her to update us as much as possible.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 01:34 PM   #8  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Gee I always thought Froufie was pretty cute for a girl? ha ha ha

Glad to hear you are doing well - and I love the name Emma! Have fun preparing for the new arrival!

Frouf
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:00 PM   #9  

SEPTEMBERSGOAL
So glad to hear from you. And that you are doing well.
Congrats on the little girl.
I love the name Emma Claire. That is beautiful.
Take care. And keep us updated when you can.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:07 PM   #10  

Melissa...congrats, and I'm glad you checked in. I have to say, girls are great, but with 3 girls myself, I may be a little biased.

Too bad we don't live closer - I could keep your little one well clothed for the next 18 years. I have so much baby and little girl stuff, and since we're not planning on having any more kids, it's sitting in my basement waiting for my sister to get pregnant.

I'm off to bed, after I finish this bowl of raisin bran. Yum. Not Core, but not too bad I think.

Later!
Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote