Old 04-30-2007, 10:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Post Core Chat: April 30-May 6

Here's our new pages for the week. There's a few posts from last night and this morning on last week's thread.

We all know what to do, so let's do it!

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

BTW...from last night...Sandra, it wasn't my Grandmother, it is "our" grandmothers. There was a huge study conducted in the US a few years ago that said, in spite of all the advice out there about health, the best advice was what "our grandmothers" said. That's what I was quoting.

I'm out the door to walk the dogs, then off to work.

BBL
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:55 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 10"

Happy Monday everyone. Its a new week, new day......Yesterday was fun. We got down to Plymouth around 4:00 and went to a few antique shops. Sarah fell asleep on the way down and she was a perfect, rested girl as we walked around. We've been dragging her antiquing since she was an infant, I guess she is used to it.

I have to confess, I did not do well at the pizza place. I didn't have pizza but a chicken fromaggio dish - which was wonderful! Two chicken breasts cooked with ricotta cheese and roasted peppers, covered in sauce. The chicken was not breaded, but it was real cheese. I ate half, took the other half home. Oh well, as I stated above, its a new day and a new week!

Tiki, I need to check out the on-demand. We do have comcast as well - I watch all sorts of on-demand shows, never thought to look for work out shows. I'll have to check it out tonight.

Vickie, glad you were able to get some sleep. Hope the insomnia doesn't come back.

Frouf, VERY glad to hear the van is FINALLY fixed. Its a good thing you thought to check it when you did. Sounds like if you waited the shop would have been closed.

Well, I'm off to post my menu and then its time for lunch. BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:27 PM   #4  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Home today - feeling tired and yucky - headache - and then school calls to say little ds is not feeling well - sore throar - so dh brings hime home - he looks pretty chipper to me! All happy and playing in his room - hmmmm???

Gloomy day here - I can't believe you are already into the planting Sandra - it will be a few more weeks at least before we can do that here. Need to get out there and start raking the grass - at least it's no longer that ugly brown color - and dare I hope the patio gets finished this year? (it's like the longest patio project in history I think!)

Just netfiled our taxes so at least that's out of the way! Might take some tylenol and lie down? I did manage to make a hot lunch for everyone - my favorite: mashed potatoes, mixed veggies and some homemade hamburgers - very yummy! dh going out this afternoon and jamming this evening - I am on chauffeur duty w/dd for dance class - and my van is on empty and I hate filling it up when it's $1.06 litre! (multiply by 4 and you get the gallon price! - pretty steep!).

Niki - I too hate shopping - esp when you have to try stuff on - looks good on the hanger - then!!! - but glad you at least found the one top - I usually get so depressed after not finding anything but glad to see you are now more motivated to go on! Good for you.

Paula - good job on not eating the whole meal and taking half home! Sounds like you all had fun 'antiquing'!

Went to movie last night w/dh - Fracture w/Anthony Hopkins - pretty good - altho a few 'holes' in the story - but good acting. Got home too late tho and very tired this morning.

Maybe I should take a nap???

Frouf
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:03 PM   #5  
Core 4/22/07 Doing It!!

Height: 5'5

For some reason thought today was the 29th,my bad!
I'm doing ok today I totally feel like snacking so I'm trying to stay busy.going for a walk in the neigborhood with the babies I dont expect to get a huge workout dd dilly dallys on walks, but its movement and something to do.
Paula check it out.They had few different WATP for awhile but was depressed that I didnt see them on there.Will have to bring out the dvds.but they have all sorts of neat things,quick workouts,stress releivers,dance,cardio etc.Its nice when you want a change.
Frouf glad you went out.Take a nap sounds like gloomy day there crawl up on the couch with a good book and see what happens
Cant believe its two already! where did my day go?
TikiOnADiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:32 PM   #6  

Good afternoon Chickies, I have a nice NSV. Three weeks ago I bought these summer pants and they were too small, could not button them, I tried them on today and they fit perfect not even tight. I really needed this today after the "horror" of shopping yesterday. I got home late yesterday, so I did not cook dinner, I had a bowl of cereal with a banana and dh went out and got him and the kids a calzone and garlic knots, I am so proud of myself that I did not eat any of it, I was so depressed and determined to get this weight off I continued to enjoy my cereal and not look in the direction of the garlic knots and it felt good.

Paula good job on just eating a half portion, doesn't it feel good to be in control.

Froufy glad you got your van fixed. Wow your gas prices are high we are at $3.05 a gallon here and that kills me to fill up my van. How are you & ds feeling.

Tiki I hope you had a good work and it got rid of the urge to snack, my neighborhood walks with the kids can turn into hours, both my kids like to dilly dally and socialize with all the neighbors.
thingirlinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:09 PM   #7  

Hey everyone,
had a great weekend with the gals. The concert was great...sang along with alot of the songs..did y"all hear me?? ha
Got in some walking while we were shopping. Managed to find myself some new clothes..I even got a pair of shorts in 3 sizes smaller..(I grabbed the wrong size and I didnt realize it till I tried them on) ...not too many choices out there yet. I threw out all my shorts from the last couple of years...they had had it!!! I could only find the one pair though..I guess they arnt out yet?? I hope or Im in trouble this summer..ooops.
Had some regular pizza on saturday for the first time since christmas..it was good but I felt soooo guilty. Feel kind of sluggish too. Im making up for it with lots of fruits and veggies today and doing it allwith tons of water.

Vickie sorry to hear about the loss of your godmother,,,((hugss))
Frouf, hope you feel better soon..did you get something to help?; I remember with my bf ,,it took a couple of weeks for the meds to start to help.
Welcome to all the New People!!
Congrats on the new pants Niki!! I too have lots of 20 pounds to lose...one goal at a time right?? !!
well off to mail dh's income tax check in today...like Frouf we owe as well. I hate paying the govt. What I got back this year..he had to pay! that sucks..
have a good one..everyone
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:45 PM   #8  
Core 4/22/07 Doing It!!

I know someone mentioned a challenge May 1st or so? I'm geared up so if anyone wants to list the details Im sooo ready for a challenge
Old 04-30-2007, 05:32 PM   #9  
Southside White Sox Fan

Tiki, Sandra and I are salivating waiting for your peach cobbler recipe. We asked for it on the menu thread but it occurred to me that you might not go back there to see our request!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:32 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

hi there. it's good to see so many posts. great bunch of steel magnolia chickies here for sure.

paula, that's a great suv. i mean nsv. i really did type that thinking i was right. oh, well. what you had at the pizza place doesn't sound all that bad. you made some great choices--and you took half home!!!

tiki, i'm ready for the challenge, too. i'm still hinting for that cobbler recipe. okay, i'm begging. see me on my knees? will someone help me up?

rhonda, i guess grandmothers were wise ladies. the older i get the smarter they seem.

froufy, i hope you're perkier now. maybe you and ds just needed a day off.

patti--3 sizes smaller!!!!! i am so happy for you. i'm using the knowledge i drained from the book. thank you again for pointing me toward it. i'm also doing the program but am eating mostly core. i went wild with the cheerios/almonds/raisins. red lights for sure.

vickie, how goes it? did you go to wi today?

niki, you have a great nsv, too. don't you feel great? i am so happy for you.

no birdhouses yet. they should get here this evening or tomorrow. now i'm off to . have a magnificent monday, chickies. i'll catch you later.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:40 PM   #11  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm skipping this week, Sandra. I'm committed to returning next Monday.

I just got off the phone with the treadmill repair guy. He tried to help me fix it over the phone but it didn't work. They will probably come on Saturday to fix it. It will cost at least $100 to fix. Better than a new treadmill!

I have landscapers and the plumber coming tomorrow. Another landscaper comes next Monday. Jim's birthday is on Wednesday.....so dinner out; cleaning lady on Thursday (yay!) and window washers on Friday. The family will be here on Saturday to celebrate Jim's birthday. Sheesh, it's too much going on for me.

I'm glad you are all well. BTW, I will participate in the next challenge. So who's going to create it? How about we bug Patti to come up with one? She's motivated and in a groove.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:44 PM   #12  
Southside White Sox Fan

Interesting post on the BCB website about "white poison" being sugar and white flour. Lots of folks there saying that they feel horrible when having white poison and are not going to spend their points on that stuff anymore. They say they are tired of going through withdrawal. Hmmmmmmm.......
Old 04-30-2007, 08:01 PM   #13  
Core 4/22/07 Doing It!!

LOL you guys are so funny ,I posted it.I got the idea from this board.Silly chickies! It was good but I think i actually perfered without the oatmeal kinda like baked peaches.But I will try it again with frsh apples and try to tweak it a little bit.See if I can make the oatmeal crunchy<maybe it make the oatmeal cruncy by using a tsp of canola.dont know I will figure it out.
Went for my walk.It was only 20 minutes but it was brisk.I went with out my oldest dd cause she refused to pick up her toys and got very cross with me so she stayed home with dad.Took baby dd and we had a nice time.

niki yay on the NSV sometimes its the NCV we get so excited about more than the number.Its the fact that our efforst are showing!

Patti sounds like a great time and congrats on the smaller sizes! Theres nothing like seeing the results!

Vickie my dad is a firm believer of white poison.Hes vegan and vegetarian,only eats raw veggies and fruits (even corn on the cob raw,yuk) makes his own granola and trail mix,lives at health food stores.Every conversaion we have its about how were posioning our bodies with not eating straight from the earth etc.Ive decided to stop telling him how much weight im losing cause last time we spoke he lectured me on how cows are the cause of global warming LOL My god do I love him though lolol "dad people arent going to stop eating meat" he tried telling me the reason why cows are the reason for golbal warming is cause everytime they fart they give off butane. From that point on I laughed at everything,So I try not to get into the food topic with him.The poor man tho takes such great care of himself,walks several times a day was recently diagnoised with parkinsons and refused to take meds for it,says some of the compounds are herbs so hes taking herbs instead cause theres no cure and if there was one its gonna be natural,also stopped taking his anti blood clotting meds cause he found it contained animal fat in it oye vey.How did I get into my raint about my dad? sorry lol
With the words of wisdom from my father,I leave you lol night ladies!
Old 04-30-2007, 08:07 PM   #14  

Default BCB web address

What is the e-mail address for BCB Vickie. Tried different ones but they weren't correct. Thanks,

Busdriver
busdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:21 PM   #15  
Southside White Sox Fan

Ruth, I sent you the link in a PM because we aren't supposed to post them in threads.

You might also enjoy the You on a Diet books since I'm sure that's one of the subjects addressed.