Old 05-18-2004, 04:48 PM   #1  
Head Princess

Cool Oh **** Yeah

This is a make-to-your-taste kind of recipe, so there's no exact measurements. I used to make this with spaghetti, but I like it even better using spaghetti squash.

You need:
Spaghetti squash
Olive oil
a bunch of freshly chopped garlic
crushed red pepper
grated parmesan (optional)

Cook your spaghetti squash (there's normally directions on the sticker)
Once the squash is cooked, take a small pan and heat up your olive oil on medium-high (a couple tablespoons per serving is about right). While the oil is heating remove your 'spaghetti' from the rind with a fork. Once your oil is hot, put in your bunches of chopped garlic and your crushed red peppers. Saute for about 30 seconds and then toss the whole mixture in with your spaghetti squash. Add parmesan if desired.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 08:34 PM   #2  

well i think i am going to have to try this one out! sue
samanthajosmom_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 02:24 PM   #3  

Thumbs up Spaghetti Squash Fritters

I am currently being called the "Queen of Spaghetti Squash" around our house as I have been experimenting with it for over a week! It's very versatile & really takes care of my "pasta" cravings/needs/wants!
My favorite result so far is what we are calling Spaghetti Squash Fritters:

Cook spaghetti squash in microwave (cut in 1/2, cut side down in 1/4 cup water for 15 minutes)...scrape out spagheti with a fork & allow to cool for a bit.
When cool enought to handle, squeeze out the excess water (I just squeeze it a paper towel)...return to bowl and add 1 egg, about a 1/4 cup of Peccorino Romano cheese & salt & pepper and onion powder to taste & mix together.
Heat about 1/4 inch of olive oil in a frying pan on low.
Drop dollops of the mixture into the hot oil, pressing down to form little "fritters".
The key to cooking these & keeping them holding together is cooking them low & slow!
Gently flip when brown on one side & cook other side until brown.
Drain on a double layer of paper towels & serve!
Even the kids love these!
Enjoy!
January is offline   Reply With Quote