Old 08-15-2010, 04:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/136/125

Height: 5'4''

Default Easy cucumber chickpea salad

This is something I've been making a few batches of every week, then storing in my fridge to grab and eat. The veggies don't get soggy or gross at all - in fact it gets tastier as it sits and absorbs the dressing more!

1 cucumber, halved, seeded, and sliced (the cucumber chunks look like little "c's"
handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
can of chickpeas, drained
any other veggies you feel like - I've played with carrots, bell peppers, etc

dressing: 2 parts olive oil to 1 part pomegranate infused red wine vinegar, with salt and pepper and any other of your favorite seasonings. fresh basil is really yummy in here too. In reality, you don't need the pomegranate vinegar specifically, but any nice acidic vinegar will do.

Easy, quick way to get some veggies in, and really filling with the chickpeas. Yum!
zestfest is offline   Reply With Quote