Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2000, 12:46 AM   #1  
Slimwithin

Stolen from Favorite Brand Name Recipes - Low-Carb

1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
1/2 tsp grated lemon peel
6 cups fresh cauliflower florets
1 tbsp reduced fat margarine (I'd use butter)
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (fresh is best)
1. Place 1 tbsp of the parsley, lemon peel and about 1 inch of water in a large saucepan. Place cauliflower in steamer basket and place in saucepan. Bring water to boil over medium heat. Cover and steam 14 to 16 min (I think that's 5 min too long) or until cauliflower is crisp-tender. Remover to large bowl and keep warm. Reserve 1/2 cup of the hot liquid.
2. Heat margarine/butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stire just until soft (not brown). Stir ein lemon juice and reserved liquid.
3. Spoon lemon sauce over cauliflower. Sprinkle with remaining parsley and cheese before serving. Garnish with lemon slices if desired.
Doesn't that sound tasty?
Closed Thread