UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2002, 05:30 AM   #1  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Default Recommendations

Toffee Muller Lite Yoghurt

Well... any Muller Lite... but the Toffee one is particularly delicious. (about 110 cals). I have it as a topping for bananas for a dessert or mixed with 2oz porridge oats for breakfast.

The chocolate one is nice too - and the vanilla one - mustn't forget the mixed berries one.... Actually I'm not sure what I would do without Muller Lite Yoghurts.

Another thing which is a big favourite at the moment is Tesco's low fat cream crackers. My favourite lunch at the moment is three of them (90 cals) topped with oneLaughing Cow lite processed cheese divided between the three crackers (25) and then topped with one slice of that very lean, thinly sliced smoked ham (15) which I shred and divide between the three crackers. Total: 130

Robinson's Pear squash! It makes those 2 litres of water go down very easily! They do a peach one as well which is nice.
Old 02-18-2002, 05:55 AM   #2  
Theres no stopping me now

Smile

Onken Lite Mousse - I love them all & at only 2.5 points a hit are a lovely treat.

Pickled onion flavour monster munch - again at 2.5 points guaranteed to curb a monster munchies attack - I put them in a bowl so it looks more like a proper snack instead of a bag of crisps.

Co-ops own chocolate mousse - yet again 2.5 points, but is delicious. It is only a small tub but is more like the cadburys mousses than Tescos own which is a larger tub but tastes synthetic.

Frozen grapes - I'm living on them now

Extra Lite Cheese spread with Garlic & Herbs - Tesco & Asda both do there own makes and both are wonderful - if you like garlic. I usually allow 0.5 points per scrape - but in reality it should be a lot less than that.

Just a few of my favourite things - sorry I don't know the cals - none handy to look it up.

Carol
Old 02-18-2002, 06:01 AM   #3  

Kelloggs cereals - I like Crunchy Nut Cornflakes and Coco Pops best. With skimmed milk, they work out at 160 calories a bowl. Good for brekkie and as an evening snack.

Marks and Spencer "lite" Pineapple and Choc and Mint mousse. Only 83 calories a pot. Yummmy.

I have a craving for Monster Munch now
Old 02-18-2002, 11:50 AM   #4  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

I am a muller light yog and mousse fan too! I use the vanilla one as a cold custard with bananas etc, i eat them for brekky, desserts and as a snack.
I also love fresh soups from the chiller cabinet, my fave at the mo is Tesco's spicy parsnip only 204 for a huge 600g serving, yum, i love the asda carrot and coriander too.
I don't buy a lot of ready meals but prefer asda's as the servings are not tiny and they are very tasty, but read the labels as they can be very high!!

I also love snack a jacks and the ryvita rice cakes with sesame seed. DH was going on about a curry flavoured crispbread he had seen advertised has anyone else seen/heard of these?? i think I would like them.

i also love Jacob's thai bites, oriental spice flavour, mmmmmmm.
Old 02-18-2002, 12:03 PM   #5  
Phat Chick

Default Orgasmic

I have just had an M&S Count on Us Chocolate and Cherry Dessert. Microwave or steam and it was only 2.5 points. 155 calories for a 130g pot and it was proper tasting chocolate too - not the manky stuff

I am also a muller lite fan too, and you can make a sort of eton mess with muller(1.5pts), crushed meringues(0.5pts for one) and raspberries (approx 1pt).

Just added in the approx points values.

Last edited by BigPhatBooty; 02-18-2002 at 05:54 PM.
Old 02-18-2002, 12:33 PM   #6  
diva of the diet

That eton mess sounds scrummy BPB will have to try that one mmmmmmmmm.
Old 02-18-2002, 12:39 PM   #7  

slice of toast with tuna and onion on then grate weight watchers cheese on the top put it under the grill for couple of minutes ..........just like a pizza im not sure on the cals though(anyone)........also i lurvvvvvve WW ocean pie its the nicest fish pie ive ever tried
Old 02-18-2002, 05:06 PM   #8  
diva of the diet

I love Options belgian chocolate drink, it has a really rich chocolatey flavour and really satisfies my cravings..just finishing one off right now,mmmmmmmm.
Old 02-18-2002, 05:14 PM   #9  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

I have just had verification today that Heinz Baked Beans are only four points a can. My Mum brought me some over when she last visited, they are hard to come by here, so I shan't be making my kids beans on toast, I shall be saving them for myself..sorry children, I still love you
Old 02-18-2002, 05:26 PM   #10  
Pending Email Confirmation

Has anyone tried Muller slightly warmed in the micro, far too cold to eat straight from the fridge this weather!
Old 02-19-2002, 03:04 AM   #11  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

No - I have never tried it warmed, but last night I had an amazing dessert. I defrosted 100g of Asda frozen mixed berries and then layered them in a glass with a chocolate muller lite yoghurt.

Did one for Kevin as well and put a inch thick slice of chocolate swiss roll at the bottom of his with a little of the defrosted berry juice (mixed with a tablespoon of brandy) poured over it and then layered with the choc yoghurt and fruit. He said it was gorgeous as well.
Old 02-19-2002, 06:45 AM   #12  
:(

S/C/G: 13st 2lbs/12st 7lbs/9st 7lbs

Height: 5'2

What was that rescue remedy stuff you were talking about a while ago? What is it? Coz I just realised we have some.
How has it helped you?
Old 02-23-2002, 11:03 AM   #13  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default Spray Oil

Hi

Loads of diets recommend this spray oil (Spray fry or what ever it is called) Well I have tried it and think it is gross and expensive too.

Last week I was looking in the Lakeland Catalogue and I found a pump sprayer thingy. I think it was about £4.00 (plus P and P if you don't have a Lakeland close to you, which I don't) Anyway I thought that was a good idea so that I could make my own olive oil spray and at the very least it would taste decent.

Much to me surprise, when it arrived it was already full of extra virgin oil so I thought it was quite a good buy.

If anyone, like me, hates the spray dry stuff, maybe they could consider one of these which costs about the same but is re-fillable Good Aye!!
Old 02-23-2002, 12:02 PM   #14  

My mams got one of them spray things I hate the lakeland shop in bowness though far too busy
Old 02-23-2002, 12:04 PM   #15  

Sorry just the anti shopping part of me showing up again!!
Closed Thread