Whole Foods menu for Sunday, 8/20

• Happy Sunday to you all!

Breakfast
    Whole wheat english muffin with pizza sauce and FF mozzarella

Lunch
    Not sure yet

Dinner
    Pistachio-crusted tilapia with onion/tomato salsa; steamed broccoli; brown rice

Green tea
    Water, water, water
  • Starting my day off the right way!

Breakfast
    whole grain bread (sf)
    pumpkin butter spread (sf)
    strawberry kefir (sf)

Snack
    pink grapefruit (sf)
    red grapes (sf)

Lunch
    chili [ground turkey (sf), beans (sf), tomatoes (sf), onions (sf), orange peppers (sf), garlic (sf), olive oil (sf)]

Snack
    granny smith apple (sf)
    all natural peanut butter (sf)

Dinner
    salmon (sf)
    asparagus (sf)
    brown rice (sf)
    wheat germ (sf)
    olive oil (sf)

Dessert
    dark chocolate (sf)
    chocolate soymilk (sf)

Total calories: 1468
    Total SuperFoods: 17 or so
  • olivia your menu looks amazing...well done! I can't wait till I figure out where I'm moving and get my kitchen back. lol And my books should be here any day.
    Chocolate soymilk is a super food? wow! I can't have soy though due to the hypothyroid thing, can't exactly remember why at the moment, I must be tired. Not supposed to eat broccoli either but as you can see in the other thread I do somewhat.

ETA: I had to go look...
    "There are all kinds of foods and supplements that interfere withe the absorbtion of thyroid hormones including:
    Calcium
    Iron
    Soy
    Broccoli and other cruciferous veggies and turnips"
  • Took me a while to figure this out today; used a diet planner & needed more protein. So. . .

Breakfast
    dutch muesli* with: yogurt*,blueberries*,flaxseed*
    tomatoes*
    egg beaters

Lunch
    romaine/spinach salad* with: cauliflower*,sunflower seeds*,parmesan cheese
    olive oil/balsamic vinegar vinaigrette
    left-over 1/2 serving manicotti*

Dinner
    Nelie's orange ginger tofu stir-fry*
    brown rice*
    tea*

Snack
    apple with ricotta
    popcorn
    tea*
    1800 cal. Rhubarb
  • Breakfast
    Kashi cereal with skim milk

Lunch
    Big salad topped with smoked cherry tomatoes, black beans, onions, and roasted red pepper vinaigrette

Banana

Dinner
    I'm not sure yet. Definitely something with eggplant. I went to the farmers market yesterday and found a guy with some of the most beautiful eggplant! I bought 3 tiny Japanese eggplant, one white eggplant about 5 inches long, and one small, perfect purple eggplant.
  • Thanks LadyNorth! I alternate between vanilla & chocolate soymilk. I also have soynuts, that I have yet to consume!

Good luck to you! I know food restrictions can make things more difficult, but you fortunately don't have that many. There are still plenty of SuperFoods that you can enjoy!

I'm in the same boat as you re: my kitchen!!!! DH is working on the house as I type! We should be moving into it in about 2 or 3 weeks! A brand new kitchen (with island) is waiting for me!