What's in your lunch box today?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • I need to keep myself inspired and excited so let's talk about Lunch.

This will help keep us accountable AND give each other some ideas on lunch!

I'm Having:

Healthy Choice Chicken and Veggies meal - 160 cal 3 g fat
    1 Peach-skinned 100 cal
    1 Chocolate drizzle Special K bar 90 cal 1.5 fat

350 cal and 4.5g fat.

What's in your lunch box today?
  • My lunch is...

1/2 cup mixed nonfat yogurt/nonfat cottage cheese, 1/4 cup wild blueberries, 1 tbsp flax meal

1 cup carrots, 1 tbsp hummus

1 cup brown rice, 1/2 cup kidney beans/black beans/tomatoes mixture, 1/2 cup eggplant/tomato mixture

That includes my lunch and snacks for the day.
  • My lunch is a combo of leftovers and new stuff:

1/2 wrap leftover from brunch - eggs, buffalo meat (!), cheese, fresh salsa
    Steamed whole okra (leftover from dinner)
    Orange bell pepper strips
    grape tomatoes
    peach

Also packed snacks:
    Fat free yogurt
    Fresh blueberries (to go in yogurt)
    Granny Smith apple

I always pack a lot of food b/c getting too hungry is a recipe for disaster for me!

Hope everyone enjoys their lunch.
  • I am at home today but so far the lunch and snack plans include:

yogurt and strawberries
    1/2 cup peanuts in the shell
    celery with 1tbs cream cheese
    Michelina's pepper steak frozen dinner
    nectarine
    1 oz cheese, 1/2 serving of turkey pepperoni
  • Today I had a salad with spinach, sugar snap peas, red onion and beansprouts, 2 apples and a yoghurt for my lunch/snacks.
  • My lunch will be a salad with garbanzo beans, red cabbage, romaine lettuce, spinach, radishes, cucumber, 1/4 avocado, grated carrots and a dressing of balsamic vinegar mixed with a tsp. of EVOO.
  • Quote: My lunch will be a salad with garbanzo beans, red cabbage, romaine lettuce, spinach, radishes, cucumber, 1/4 avocado, grated carrots and a dressing of balsamic vinegar mixed with a tsp. of EVOO.
    Gotta ask...what is EVOO? (Knowing me, I bet it is something obvious!)

My lunch today: leftover chicken breast with a mix of peas, corn and lima beans, and a pear
  • Quote: Gotta ask...what is EVOO? (Knowing me, I bet it is something obvious!)
    Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • • Tuna sandwich: 1/2 can of tuna (my lucky cat got the other half! ), Orowheat high fibre bread
    • One sliced red bell pepper
    • Two apple cinnamon rice cakes

It was very filling!
  • I've got 2 wholemeal pitta breads filled with mixed green leaves, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and a little salad cream. I've also got a mango and a raw carrot to much on :-)
  • A weight watchers chicken enchilada. It's quick and doesn't require much thinking on my part, that's when I get in trouble. I put a little fridge and microwave in my office. I keep carrots, celery and tomates on hand to snack.
  • I will be having beans and rice that was cooked with homemade salsa and lots of veggies added in. 1 apple and 1 peach.
  • I don't go to work until 1 today, so will not "pack a lunch", but I'm having a
    Protein shake with berries - 160 cal
    3/4 oz pepper jack cheese -75 cal
    a peach - 60 cal
    5 almonds
  • I took canned chicken (drained) and mixed it with lemon juice, pepper, almonds, 1 tbsp mayo. Spread it on one peice of toast (whole wheat double fiber bread). Then I topped it off with petite diced tomatos. YUM!

Short version: Ck salad on toast with tomatoes.

Approx (depending on your ingredients): 350 cal, 10 carbs, 39g protein, 7g fiber
  • Today I have leftover beef and broccoli stir fry, various chopped veggies, cottage cheese and a banana.

~Dee