Weight Loss and Chit Chat #207

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Jane - yes days is done, thankfully! I get my nights back now. It was just a one time thing, just for training. I go back to work tomorrow night, as usual, only i have to do that "Fireside Chat" before...........

Hey Robin, Yup your right, soon enough it will be snowing and we'll all be complaining about the cold! lol...........Your in-laws sound a lot like mine! lol.............Impossible to buy for and then if you do go and get something they actually want they say, "oh you shouldn't have spent your money on me." lol.

I should be in bed, but I don't wanna wake up hub.......He has to get up early today to do some work on the apt. complex's computer. So I am just sitting up watching some "daytime tv" that I never get to see because I am normally asleep! lol.

Have a Great Day everybody!
  • Good morning. Hope you are all feeling as good as I am this morning. It is sunny and not too hot..actually have the windows opened, but will have to close them and turn on the air this afternoon. Feels good for now. I got a good night sleep due to meds. and so far my ears are okay today.

Robin...what program are you following for weight loss? I allow 5 oz. of meat a day and every time I did this before it wasn't enough, but for some reason this time it is fine. I think the way I ate last week got me prepared for this week and I don't feel deprived. Or maybe I just finally "got it" and this is going to work. I actually "cheated" and weighed this morning and I was pleased to see I am still going down. Won't report until Mon. though as we are going out with family Sat. and who knows?

Sassy- You better get some sleep girlie! When DH was on nights he would get really screwed up if he had a couple days off. Wacked out his whole sleeping routine.

Okay..come on the rest of you JL's..pop in and say "hi."
  • LOL Don't say the "S" word!!! (snow that is LOL)

Actually I am following (well trying to) one of the Medical Weight Loss Programs (not on the drugs though, just the food requirements). I get 2 oz of protein 2 times a day - was 3 oz each. That 1 oz makes a difference let me tell you. Instead of cutting a 6oz steak in 1/2 now it is in 1/3 and save the rest for later. I have been doing pretty good and I can't eat nearly what I used to. Ok yep sometimes I cheat & have a Mike's Cranberry (ok a couple) and a skinny cow (I LOVE THESE). but all in all, it works and I can totally compare it to the other 100 things I tried that never worked at all.

I am bumming as I forgot to grab cash this morning to hit the farmer's market -- they have it every Wed & I will miss it yet again and I hate ATMs around here, the fees are horrid.
  • WHOOHOO --- the new change is working. Just got back & lost 2 more lbs!
  • Hi ladies,

Sue - well, it's hard to exercise when you don't feel good, so just take heart in the fact that you're counting calories, and celebrate that victory. I like the calorie counter here, too. Somebody did a good job.

Robin - YAY for 2 more pounds down! I like skinny cows, too, but can't keep the chocolate ones in the house!

Sassy - speaking of daytime TV, I'm watching the Young and the Restless while I type this. I admit to being hooked on that show, and have watched it off and on since it began back in the early 70's. Back when I was young and restless myself, lol. Now I'm part of the Old and Settled, lol.

Hello to Marti, Angie, Katiecat, Angiepants, Jules, Cristina, Kathy, Joan Fay, Norma, and anyone else reading this.

Ruth, one of the mods here, will be visiting me tomorrow and Friday. I met her last year in Philadelphia, and am really looking forward to seeing her again. I've made pies for the occasion, but the rest of the menu is healthy, so I should be ok.

Just a reminder - any of you Jaded Ladies are welcome in my home at any time. My guest room is your room.

Have a good day. I'll check in later, if I have time.
  • Evening Ladies!

Sue -- I finally went to bed at Noon! lol. Hub got up to go over to our apt. complex's office, to work on their computer and was amazed that I was still awake! lol. Glad you got a good nights sleep!

Robin -- WTG on the WL! Glad you found a plan that works for you! I have been wanting to hit our farmers market here, but it has the craziest hours! It doesn't open until later, like 10 or 11 a.m.? I thought farmers markets were supposed to open early????? So I am usually not awake when they are open.....

Jane -- I was watching the Waltons and Little House on the Prarie..........lol. I gave up on my soap a long time ago. I used to watch Days of our Lives........
    I hope you have a Great Visit with Ruth!

Have a Great Night everybody!
  • Jane- I,too hope you have a good visit with Ruth. Sounds like a fun time.

Sassy- Hope you got a good sleep. I watch Days of our Lives sometimes and Yand R sometimes also. Never watch either more than once or twice a week and keep up with the story lines...so you know they don't move quickly. LOL.

Had a good day. I went to the house again to "inspect" the fixtures they are installing and everything looks great. Love it more every time I go. Eating was no problem and I walked also. Yay! I finished my book tonight so need to go to the library tomorrow. Also eating lunch with DD and grocery shopping. We will eat at Applebee's and we are both watching it, so we can be good. (although I am going to try to find out the calories of a margarita because I really love theirs and I WANT one.)

Happy day all!
  • Hey Ladies.

Well our NEW BED is coming in the morning! I hope they come EARLY so we can make the new bed and go back to sleep before we have to go into work tomorrow afternoon. (Thurs.)

Our friend called us about the "fireside chat". He had his meeting today. Basically it was about where the co. is going.

Our friend said they kept reassuring people I guess that more accounts are coming in, but not until the 1st of the yr. So some people could be jobless until then. So far we have been told we are in the two safest teams, but its not like they are going to just come out and tell us, "Oh yeah and BTW in a few months to a year you guys will be losing your jobs too."

So no new car anytime soon I would think. Haven't discussed it with hub, we probably will after our meeting tomorrow, but I would say we are going to wait to buy a new car at least until the 1st of the yr. just to be sure we both have jobs. It would be just like our tightwad co. to fire or lay people off right at the holidays so they can skip out on paying holiday pay.

But we will see what happens when we go tomorrow for our meeting. I know everybody perceives things differently. I still say I don't trust what they say regardless. If they are shipping all these jobs overseas, what is to say that our jobs won't be next?

And one of our co-workers heard on the news from the CEO of our co. that if he could, he would outsource the entire co.

Very scary. Its like we all are walking around on egg shells just waiting for them to say, "we're outsourcing all of the co. overseas, you all are fired."

Well I suppose I have rambled on long enough.

Have a Great Night!
  • Hello Ladies:
    I was not online yesterday because I spent the day with the grand kiddies before they go back to school on Monday. I had a great day! I took the kids to McDonalds for lunch and I only got a plain hamburger, no condiments, and an unsweetened iced tea. While the kiddies ate their "french fries" with that delicious smell waffleing past my nose, I was not even tempted to eat just one fry. We then went to the movies where they proceeded to have buttered popcorn, and again I did not have any. This was a real test for me and I'd say I got an A+. Hey!
    Norma
  • Morning!

Sassy... Ours has funky hours too! It opens from 10-4 -- the only time I can go is the lunch hour & they are PACKED then. Did your new bed come in?

Jane.. How was your visit with Ruth?

Norma... AWESOME WILLPOWER! KUDOS TO YOU!

Well we have had our second shooting in our safe cute little town now in just 2 weeks - they are 1 block from my house (both of them) -- way too close for my comfort - this is a bit much. I have a bad feeling a drug gang tried to move in & they are being taken care of. Scary yes with 2 little babes.

I know I missed lots so GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!

• Good Morning Everyone!!

Not a lot of time to spend at the moment but I will be back later after I get off work.

Wanted to say hello and hope you're all have a great day!

Hugs to all and I'll be back this evening!

• Robin: I'm sorry to hear about your scare in your town. I've always thought of MI as a very quiet state. Little Rock has one of the highest crime rates of the nation. I live several hours from there so it doesn't worry me. But, if crime like that hit close to home it is really worrying. You are in my thoughts and prayers that you and yours stay safe.
    Norma
  • Hi Norma, Thanks! Michigan is a pretty state with all of the lakes that is for sure. I think the crime here is like anywhere. Detroit & parts of Lansing are the worst (IMO). My town (Holt by S. Lansing) is growing big but it is known for the small community feel & atmosphere, I like it anyhow. Now this... I am hoping one is related to the other & this will end this nonsense.

Plus with all the idiots coming from MI (sorry I am referring to the terrorists) it is a bit unnerving. I think I willhave to just go sit on the beach & stay there!
  • Just a quick pop-in to say hi.

Ruth is so much fun! We went to town and had lunch with my sister in a tea-room kind of place, where we both very well with the food, and then went to a big antique/flea market type place. Right now, she's on one computer while I'm on the other, which is nice. She's going to help me cook afterwhile, and then Mary is coming over with the girls for dessert. That's where trouble is coming! I'm having some pie, and I'm going to enjoy every mouthful.

Take care, and I'll chat with you tomorrow!
  • Drive by posting here..."hi" to everyone and hope you had a good day. I went to lunch with DD, had a margarita, so really had to skimp the rest of the day. I had a weight watchers meal (that was very good), so saved myself there. Then I went to get groceries and with DH to the house. Nothing new, but I am still pleased with how I am eating. Drinking was another story today, but I only had 1 and I won't have another for months.
    Talk to you tomorrow....