Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-05-2006, 02:58 AM   #1  
chela

S/C/G: 217/209/130

Height: 5'0"

Default Need Help Any Ideas Please Please

Hey Everyone I Need Help With My Eating I Need Someone To Help Me I Cant Control My Self When I Binge I Feel So Guilty Any One Have Any Ideas Its Like Drug To Me I Do Good During The Day But When The Evening Gets Here Thats When Everything Begins For Me .

Help! Help! Help! Help!
chela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 09:58 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Chela, I'm so sorry you're having a difficult time. We know just what you're going through.

Can you tell us a little bit about your eating? What you're eating... how much... etc?
It's possible you may not be eating enough earlier in the day. You may need more protein. There could be a number of solutions. We're here to help!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 11:15 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Chela, and thanks for sharing. There is lots of great support here and it really does help. As Ellis said, perhaps if you could tell us a bit more about yourself... your eating, exercise, etc... folks here might be able to give you a bit more positive input. It is so hard getting on a good plan; but once it begins to become a habit it is "doable."
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 12:40 AM   #4  
chela

Well I'm Counting Calories I Do 1500 A Day And I Burn 400 A Day By Walking And A Liitle Jogging. I Eat For B-fast Oatmeal And Banana For Lunch Sandwiched Dinner Rice And Bean With A Salad And Glass Of Milk But My Sweet Tooth Is So Bad I Love Pastries Not Candy. I Hope This New Information Could Help Everyone That Wants To Help Me Thank You Everyone.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:00 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Chela, I would recommend eating some protein at every meal. It'll help keep you satisfied.
I don't know if you're a vegetarian...
What about peanut butter on whole wheat toast? Or a handful of nuts. Legumes... you could have vegetarian chili with some cheese on top...

Something else I find helpful... I break my calorie total up into six. I have breakfast, a mid-morning snack, lunch, mid-afternoon snack, dinner and then an evening snack.
Even if the snacks are only 100 calories or so, they keep you fueled all day long so that you're never actually "hungry", you know?
Not all, but some binging is a result of actually being hungry, even though you may not think you are.

And make sure you're getting enough water/liquids. Sometimes we think we're hungry when we're actually thirsty!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 192/186/155

Height: 5'9"

Chela,

I could have wrote your post ... I really understand what you are going through. I do terrific during the day, but have a terrible time with temptation at night for the sweet stuff. Anyway, this is what I have done in the past and have just went back to it. I lost all my excess weight before and kept it off for well over a year. I let it slowly creep back up (very mad at myself for that). But like most here, I know what to do, it is the doing that is easier said than done. Anyway, I hope this helps.

First, your calories may be on the low side. If you have done a profile on Fitday.com (it's free), go there and put in your ideal weight under the "weight" section. Then go to Activies to see how many calories you should be burning at your ideal weight. Subtract 300 calories from that figure and really that is where you should be. You may fluctuate a little higher some days and a little lower other days depending on how hungry you are, but you should average this figure. If you are not eating enough calories, your cravings will be unbearable (been there!). This calorie amount will allow your body to burn the weight off slowly, but definately for the longer term, since once you reach your goal, you will only slightly (300 calories) increase your food intake. To lose weight at a faster pace, you adjust your activities, not the amount of minimum calories.

Hope this helps.
EverHopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:49 AM   #7  
chela

thanks everhopeful i will try that idea and thanks to everyone that has try to help me thats the reason i love this website everyone is very supportive.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:09 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 332/302/125

Height: 5'6

I know when I don't eat enough during the day I either binge or want to binge. And even if I eat well I still want to binge. And a lot of the time to me doing good is barely eating, which isn't good either. So make sure you are getting enough. It's a mental and physical addiction. You're going to have to work on both.

Write down what you eat during the day, make sure you get a lot of filling foods with high fiber, whole grains, Lean proteins, healthy fats, Olive oil is one of the best fats for your body. Fruits and veggies a must. High fat and high sugar OUT! High fructose corn syrup is horrible for your body, I don't know all the right words but it does something to your body that makes you more hungry. Partially hydrogenated oils are the worst fats, terrible for your heart. Check the ingredients. Also sweet and low and equal are POSION! Stevia is an all natural no calorie sweetner from corn. So really look at what you're eating. It may help some. It's not 100% with me but when I'm eating healthier foods I do feel better and don't want to binge as much.

and for that sweet tooth, eat a few pieces of dark chocolate, i let it sit on my tonge and melt. I do this at night cause that when I want to binge the most.

And also keep a journal of your feelings too. That's the hardest thing for me, i go straight to binging. Never stopping to think about how I feel. So try to do that. I hope I helped some.

Last edited by angiepants78; 08-10-2006 at 08:46 AM.
angiepants78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 02:27 PM   #9  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

I make myself a healthy snack that I LOVE to eat when I start to feel an overwhelming urge to binge. Also I find substites. I LOVE chocolate so I eat 40 cal fudgecicles (but only allow myself to have ONE) or Russel Stovers Sugar Free candies (but only 1 serving). I also sometimes will have a piece of whole wheat double fiber toast (just 1) and spread a jam (look at the labels first) and it will have sweetness I crave.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:37 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Chela, Don't set yourself up for failure by restricting too many calories. I know you want it to come off faster but if you feel cheated and go off your diet what have you gained? I set 1600 but soon found that it was not working for me and I want this to WORK. I now set 2000 and I can have more protein. Ellis de Milo was right about this. I'm a night time eater and milk and bread are my demons. I eat more lean meat and nuts. I don't have the cravings like I did. My weight won't come off any quicker, but I won't quit any quicker either. Heck, it took me 40 years to get this way, so why should I expect it to come off over night. Another thought. I've been reading about members who lost so much and so quick that their skin hangs off their body. They didn't give their body a chance to adjust gradually. Be glad that you can learn from them. Learn to enjoy the journey, or you'll detour before you get to your destination.
harkeyvalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 01:02 AM   #11  

Height: 5'8.5"

Excellent post, harkeyvalley!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote