I need breakfast help, please!

• Hello, everyone. I just started South Beach this week and LOVE IT. I only had sugar cravings for one day and I am not obsessed with food like I always was before on other eating plans. Question: I am allergic to eggs and cannot eat them. The suggested breakfasts for Phase 1 is eggs every day. In Phase 2, I plan to add whole grain (Bran Buds) in the AM, but what can I eat for breakfast now? I have even had tuna salad for breakfast. (Tuna, a little light mayo, greens). Doesn't bother me that it's not traditional breakfast food. Is that OK? Does anyone have any suggestions? That's the only thing that I don't like: I can't find anything on eating breakfast without eggs!
  • I don't eat much eggs either. I do the same thing you're doing. I have what ever I might have for lunch or dinner. During my first week of phase one I was eating eggs and getting nauseous daily. I was starting to wonder if it was morning sickness. Then I didn't eat eggs one day and it went away - ate them the next and it came back! I can do the whites but not the yoke. Now I eat yogourt with rolled oats..something along those lines. I've also have chicken and green beans, left over steak...what ever works for me.
  • I find that eating 'non traditional' breakfasts help keep me from getting bored.
    I LOVE eggs, but it gets boring!

I wouldn't worry about what you eat for breakfast as long as it follows the plan!

And WELCOME to the beach!
  • to The Beach!
    Check out the recipes. There are lots of suggestions in Phase I and Phase II Breakfasts! Be sure to include dairy and legumes to avoid cravings as you detox.