South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 11:47 PM   #1  
Here we go again!

S/C/G: 319/319/150

Height: 5' 5"

Exclamation I need breakfast help, please!

Hello, everyone. I just started South Beach this week and LOVE IT. I only had sugar cravings for one day and I am not obsessed with food like I always was before on other eating plans. Question: I am allergic to eggs and cannot eat them. The suggested breakfasts for Phase 1 is eggs every day. In Phase 2, I plan to add whole grain (Bran Buds) in the AM, but what can I eat for breakfast now? I have even had tuna salad for breakfast. (Tuna, a little light mayo, greens). Doesn't bother me that it's not traditional breakfast food. Is that OK? Does anyone have any suggestions? That's the only thing that I don't like: I can't find anything on eating breakfast without eggs!
Old 08-05-2006, 07:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

I don't eat much eggs either. I do the same thing you're doing. I have what ever I might have for lunch or dinner. During my first week of phase one I was eating eggs and getting nauseous daily. I was starting to wonder if it was morning sickness. Then I didn't eat eggs one day and it went away - ate them the next and it came back! I can do the whites but not the yoke. Now I eat yogourt with rolled oats..something along those lines. I've also have chicken and green beans, left over steak...what ever works for me.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:25 AM   #3  
Shrinking Mom

S/C/G: Goal Weight:127

Height: 5"

I find that eating 'non traditional' breakfasts help keep me from getting bored.
I LOVE eggs, but it gets boring!

I wouldn't worry about what you eat for breakfast as long as it follows the plan!

And WELCOME to the beach!
Old 08-05-2006, 10:10 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

to The Beach!
Check out the recipes. There are lots of suggestions in Phase I and Phase II Breakfasts! Be sure to include dairy and legumes to avoid cravings as you detox.
Closed Thread