Snug fit, but still .... NSV

• You know how sometimes when you are feeling fat you want to try on new clothes, right? So Tuesday night I was all bloated and feeling chubby, and while out shopping decided to try on some new jeans.

I set some of my goals by the jeans sold at my local mall. We have an Aeropostale, American Eagle and Abercrombie. Aero has the largest fit, AE middle and Aber smallest. I have NEVER been able to wear any of their jeans - not from any of those stores.

I walked into Aero and pulled a really cute pair of new dark denim jeans off the rack, size 13/14. And THEY FIT! They are still pretty snug (read muffin top), and expensive $50. So maybe by the time they get on sale I can actually wear them comfortably.

This is the FIRST TIME EVER I have been able to walk into a trendy regular size store and grab new denim off the rack and have it fit. I moved on to AE just for fun, but their 14's still have 1.5 or 2 inches of gap at the tummy. My ultimate goal is to wear a pair of Aber jeans - any size. Just to say I can.

Skinny jeans, here I come!

Anyone else have new jeans stories to share?
  • I would totally consider that a major milestone! WTG, that's great!
  • WTG!!! That would've made me happy too!!
  • That is awsome! I bet that would be the best feeling ever!
    Congrats!!
  • That's awsome Lisa.
    Skinny jeans are a great motivator, aren't they?
  • Wtg!! That Must Feel So Great!!
  • I love that goal.....I want that too!!! Let's all do it, and trust me once I lose this weight I will be buying me some Abercrombie jeans....no matter the cost!
  • I highly recommend going into a second hand store once in a while. You don't have to buy anything. That's not the point Try on everything even if the sizing is ridiculous. Nothing bouys your day like knowing you did up and could move in a waaaay smaller size than you thought.
  • Yes! I fit into Gap jeans awhile back!!! They were tight then, but I bought them anyways. On sale for 9.95 from 49.95, heck yeah...lol. Size 14. They're getting to where they're not tight anymore!

Congrats on your NSV!!!!! I'm sure you'll be wearing those Abercrombie's soon!!!!

Kim
  • Congratulations. Fitting into smaller clothes always feels so good. WTG.