I rewarded myself with a new tattoo!

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • My oldest son has 5 tattoos now...a funky swirly arm band with clubs and spades. His wrists have celtic symbols... loyalty, and love. His right thigh has a huge cartoon turtle. And right ankle has a shamrock, and his left ankle has wings.

I have Made in Canada on my back, and a frog on my ankle. 2 weeks I go for a bear paw, with celtic knots inside with the boys names and DOB around it.
    Its going to be about 3 inches by 5 inches big.
  • Quote: My family knows that when I get my goal weight I will be getting a tattoo done by Kat....hoping she still is doing it when I get there.,...lol
    The last I checked, you can visit Kat's various websites and find out where she is going to be... dunno if you can make an appointment or not.
    I would guess that she is very booked due to her popularity (Not to mention she probably has a really high rate b/c she's good.... eek...I better start saving my money! )
  • I have 4 tattoos and plan on adding when I get to my goal weight, but I've lost the motivation to exercise and diet
    I'm getting a celtic knot(motherhood) and 2 butterflies, one whith more white and one with more black representing my little dogs and freedom thought I'd get it all at the same time and hope it can all bejoined in with the thistle on my shoulder.
    I'd sure like to get it done for my B-day in Oct.
  • Yes!! Tattoos!!!
    I have a lizard on the back of each shoulder, representing change. I have a moon and stars on the outside of my right ankle and a sun on the inside of my right ankle. They represent my bipolar disorder. I kind of a yin-yang on the outside of my left ankle, except one side is black with a white moon and yellow stars (night) and the other side is blue with a white cloud and sun (day). This also represents my life. And now, I have my dragon. I've always wanted a dragon!! LOL I'll have to post some pictures.
    My husbad just got one on his arm...it's just a funky design, but it's colored in to look like stone. I may get a small one like that on my right arm. I thought it would be cool, kind of like representing our marriage...something besides our wedding rings.
  • I LOVE tattoos. I went with my sister and brother all the times they got theirs done. I've already designed my first one---a Celtic knot with vines coming out on either side, with shamrocks instead of leaves, and a phrase in Irish-Celtic language curved around the top(I'm not quite sure what i want it to say yet). As you can probably tell, i am Irish. My sister and i are also planning to get foot tattoos together. I know they will hurt like a b!tch, but it'll be worth it. Besides, you gotta earn it.

My brother has a thorn armband with his initials in Old English, and a Marine Corps Devil Dog on his forearm (he is a Marine) He drew all of his himself, and my sister's tattoo, a winged heart. He's an amazing artist, so im definitely having him sketch out my design i crudely put together on Word...lol

Congrats on your new one!
  • My sisters and brother-in-law have three each (I think, I may have lost count somewhere). I want one so bad, but at my size, I'm worried about the tattoo shrinking with me unproportionally - so I'm saving it for when I'm much closer to goal. I want a wolf (I saw an amazing wolf tattoo in blue ink that would look great on my pale skin, making the wolf look white). And a tiny brightly colored tree frog. I have always identified with wolves (fiercely loyal, family oriented, and fun-loving). My husband loves and collects frogs - our green van is slowly being overtaken by frogs (he also has a frog butt - TIM I know), and he definitely is my frog prince.

I SOOO can't wait. My husband has been looking at tattoo magazines recently, and watching Miami Ink. He has always said that he will get a tattoo when he finds the right one (though he has one in mind - the pumpkin king and rag doll characters from Nightmare Before Christmas reaching out to each other on the hillside under the full moon - he's so weird - and romantic).

I was looking at tattoos online the other day, and I told husband I wanted to get a tattoo when I lost most of the weight. He was blown away, because he didn't see me as the type I guess (though there doesn't seem to be any "type" anymore). I told him I wanted the frog first (unfortunately not because it's the most romantic), because it will be the tiniest and definitely a way to test my pain tolerance before going in for a bigger tattoo. Though the wolf having more open space and only one color might actually be less painful - any thoughts on that?
  • i've got 8 tattoos and the outline done for the 9th -- i love them !!! i'm excited for your new one - you deserve it!!
  • there is a woman whom I work with, I have yet to meet her since Im knew and she's infortunetly with a sick husband. From what the person training me said, she has a ful collars to cuffs and ankles to thighs tattoos...her ying and yang is one side is happy and birhgt,,,and the other side is dark and forboding.
    Can't wait to see them
  • I was such a chicken about getting my first tattoo. I almost backed out at the apt. but I had a really cool chick do mine and she reminded me alot of Kat Von D. She made me feel so comfortable. Her and my husband cracked jokes the whole time I was being tattooed. It was hard to hold still while laughing. She was also being interviewed for the first part of my session by a local magazine (that was kinda weird) but all in all I had a great experience and I would definetley get more ink. I have a Fairy by Amy Brown on my low back on the right side and I want to get two more little girl fairies on the left with vines and mushrooms connecting to my original fairy. The two little fairies are to represent my girls and the fairy I already have is watching over them.
  • [QUOTE=cardsfan2009] My sister and i are also planning to get foot tattoos together. I know they will hurt like a b!tch, but it'll be worth it.[QUOTE]

I would think REALLY HARD about getting a foot tattoo. I had thought about getting one on the top of my foot, but then decided against it. First of all, it's one of the MOST painful places that you could get it. Secondly, it's such an awkward spot for it to heal with shoes and socks rubbing on it all the time. You would really have to be careful and baby it. Thirdly, it would get worn really quickly because of all the rubbing. A girl I used to work with had one on the top of her foot. It looked great when she first got it, but a year later it looked like a faded crayon drawing. Not good!
  • Quote: I told him I wanted the frog first (unfortunately not because it's the most romantic), because it will be the tiniest and definitely a way to test my pain tolerance before going in for a bigger tattoo. Though the wolf having more open space and only one color might actually be less painful - any thoughts on that?

Well, the pain is going to be the same, no matter how many colors you get. It's just a matter of how long you have to endure the pain! Bigger tattoo = More Time. I would go with the smaller one first, just so you can see what it's like. I kind of like the feeling, but you may get the small one and decide that you never want to go through it again! LOL
  • Kind of what I'm thinking, I'm just not sure which actually uses more ink/surface area - may have to ask the tattooist that. The big wolf is a sketch, with all thin, short feathery lines, with very little filled in space. The frog would be little, but all solid, filled in space.

I'm kind of weird when it comes to pain, I have a really low pain tolerance for some things, and a really high pain tolerance for others.
  • Foot tats don't hurt any worse than getting it done on the ankle... The worst part about my ankle tat is that I have had a referred itch for the past week (like referred pain).
    What am I talking about, it isn't about pain, its about beauty and art. If you want the tat bad enough, you'll get it and disregard the pain.
  • [QUOTE=cemetarysiren25][QUOTE=cardsfan2009] My sister and i are also planning to get foot tattoos together. I know they will hurt like a b!tch, but it'll be worth it.
    Quote:

I would think REALLY HARD about getting a foot tattoo. I had thought about getting one on the top of my foot, but then decided against it. First of all, it's one of the MOST painful places that you could get it. Secondly, it's such an awkward spot for it to heal with shoes and socks rubbing on it all the time. You would really have to be careful and baby it. Thirdly, it would get worn really quickly because of all the rubbing. A girl I used to work with had one on the top of her foot. It looked great when she first got it, but a year later it looked like a faded crayon drawing. Not good!
    I'm not sure that the tat looked bad because of position.... could be a number of other reasons that it turned out faded... did she tan? could be that the tat was done too deep... she might have had bad aftercare... Could have been bad ink...
    The only tat that I have issues with fading and generally looking bad now is the one on my arm that desperately needs to be touched up... But it is only so faded and such because my arm got tan - I got that tat in winter, and before then I usually always wore t-shirts, so my arms were WHITE! EEK!...then when I started wearing more tank tops in the summer and walking outside often, my arms got more and more tanned (I'm not dark by any means, but definitely darker) and that tat faded and doesn't look so great.
    I've seen many tats ruined by tans...
  • Quote: Foot tats don't hurt any worse than getting it done on the ankle... The worst part about my ankle tat is that I have had a referred itch for the past week (like referred pain).
    What am I talking about, it isn't about pain, its about beauty and art. If you want the tat bad enough, you'll get it and disregard the pain.
    Man, I don't know about that one. The skin on my foot, well the top of my foot, is a whole heck of a lot thinner than the skin on my ankle.
    I've done reading and I just don't know. Really, how would you keep a foot tattoo clean and not irritate it while it's healing? It would be really damn hard.

I never had any probs with fading tattoos...even with the fact that I usually don't wear sunsreen unless I know I'm going to be outside for a decent amount of time.

My new one is getting to that "bad" stage though where it itches like there is no tomorrow. It takes all my will power not to scratch it! LOL

I think I'm going to get another one next month!