General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-20-2006, 10:56 AM   #31  

Having a foot tat heal well and not irritating it would probably be a matter of timing... Like if you are taking some vacation time and are able to run around in sandals and slippers or barefoot... I have no doubt that it would be very uncomfortable to put on socks and shoes and then go work on your feet all day with a fresh ink on your foot - shoot it irritated me just putting socks on over my ankle (I got more itchies!! ) But the actual process of getting it, I don't know that it would hurt worse than the ankle, and I do mean actually the ankle bone and very close to it. To me, getting it on the ankle bone didn't hurt - well it did, but it was because my muscles kept twitching - not because of the needles going into my skin (I have issues with involuntary twitching - I understand, and could be wrong, that not everyone does).
buckettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 10:57 AM   #32  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

I think you all are pretty daring to go through pain for all these tattoos!

I personally have no interest in getting a tattoo...I guess it's the though of my saggy 80 year old butt with a picture of Mickey Mouse on it that keeps me from doing it....
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 12:26 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

I don't have a tat on my foot, but I do have a band around my ankle which is just as boney as my foot!! My advice is to not go dancing the night you get it done!! Swells up pretty bad!
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 12:27 PM   #34  
hara hachi bu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen415
...I guess it's the though of my saggy 80 year old butt with a picture of Mickey Mouse on it that keeps me from doing it....
hahahahahaha
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 12:46 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen415
I think you all are pretty daring to go through pain for all these tattoos!

I personally have no interest in getting a tattoo...I guess it's the though of my saggy 80 year old butt with a picture of Mickey Mouse on it that keeps me from doing it....
Mine is directly related to my weight loss - it is 4 Chinese characters, a Chinese proverb that means "Dripping water can eat through stone." It's to remind me of all the little changes, all the little actions I make every day that keep me slender and healthy. Now that I have the tattoo, I HAVE to keep up my healthy life style or I'll have something on my body that will be a constant reminder of my failure. In an odd way, keeping the tattoo true and meaningful is motivating to me.

It's like my younger brother. He had a terrible time in college, having too much fun, not making great grades, in danger of flunking out. On a whim, he went out and had the Texas A&M logo put on his ankle. When I saw it, I said "now you MUST graduate or that will be a constant reminder of what you didn't do." I don't know if it was the tattoo, but he did graduate.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 01:51 PM   #36  

I love tattoos, i have two of them and i love the way they look, i'm thinking about getting another one.
thaylon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 02:34 PM   #37  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

My sister has a tattoo on the top of her foot. She got it done and then within an hour or so, she was at work for 8 hours. She said she'd never get another tattoo done on her foot again. It was extremely painful. But, she also said it was worth it for the one she got. Hers hasn't faded at all.

I have two - a tribal rose and a moon. Both of them represent a period in my life, and I don't regret either. When I reach 100lbs lost, I intend to get another. And, they're definitely addictive. I could see myself getting several, but I'm limiting myself so they're special.
brandnewme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 02:38 PM   #38  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Wish I had the guts (and the pain tolerance)!
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:52 PM   #39  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I have two tats - a pink & purple seahorse on my left outside ankle, and a tigerfly on my lower back. The tigerfly is a tiger's face in the shape of a butterfly. The tiger represents stealth & strength & the butterfly represents beauty & gentleness. I'll be getting another at the end of the summer - my tattoos are animal based, because I'm such an animal lover - my next one will be either a dolphin or a mermaid (yes mermaids are animals, LOL!) or maybe an angel fish. I've considered a "happy sun" because I'm a summer girl for sure - but that's why I haven't gotten my 3rd one yet... still making up my mind!!!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 05:22 PM   #40  

The one I just had done is my own personal artwork (It is a solid black loopy vine with flowers, the symbol of Om, the symbol for Chi, and a pentagram (which is part of the vine, the other 2 aren't). I try to design my own stuff or have my tattooist do a custom design for me and then I leave with all the copies of the drawings after it is finished.
I don't want anyone else walking around with the same tattoo as me; my opinion is that that is disrespectful. I am uncertain about ever posting pics of my tats on the internet because of that.
My husband has a Micky Mouse on his calf, I drew it for him (freehand, and personalized) - one day several years ago, I had an intuitive need to draw this for him. I found small mickey mouse's and finally found one holding a flower; I scaled it up, changed the facial expression to what was in my mind, and added my husband's son's names. It wasn't ever meant to be a tattoo, but when he saw it he said he wanted to get it done to carry his sons with him forever (Connor died at 2 months old, and Mikey was adopted by a foster family).
He just had a cover done (same day mine was done) which is a Chinese dragon wrapped around a black panther - so far, it has taken just over 3 hours worth of work and it still isn't finished, its not terribly large either, just VERY detailed. I was so glad he decided to do it because he covered a poorly done grim reaper that was probably 10 years old and looked like crap (wasn't worth touching up).
buckettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 12:19 PM   #41  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Just a suggestion for someone's DH....

chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 04:49 PM   #42  

Height: 5'9

That's a great pic!! I saw one once of a girl who had a tattoo of a stick figure with a lawn mower right above her pubes. It was funny!!
AcK!! I'm going through the WORST part of healing!! The ITCHING!!! It's peeling like crazy. I just went and ran cold water over it and washed it with some soap. Washed away a lot of the scabs. Less itchy now! Phew!! I think it may need to be touched up a little bit, but I'll just have to wait and see until it's totally healed.
Then, it's time for another one!! WOOHOO!!!!
cemetarysiren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 05:36 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 185/165/120

Height: 5'2"

I'm doing that too!

When I hit 150, I'm rewarding myself with my very first tattoo...and when I hit 125 I'm getting a second body altering treat. Not sure what yet.
AmberKay is offline   Reply With Quote