General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 12:59 AM   #16  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotypical
http://www.unilever.ca/ourbrands/homecare/vim.asp <<<< VIM
They have all different ones, with bleach, gel, bathroom, kitchen, lemon, etc.
gee Courtney do you like vim? lol Kidding,,,like you I use vim the most,,,and oxy...
Old 06-27-2006, 11:10 AM   #17  

Default I hate my shower - it must be nuclear hard water stains

So last night I stopped off and bought a few cleaning things to try. Here is the run down

Magic Erasers - zipppo, nuttin, nada. Zero effect on hard water stains

Kaboom - did some cleaning, but only when scrubbed in with a stiff bristle brush. Left quite a few very tough areas.

SOS pads - nuttin.

Lime Away - got rid of most of the rest of the really tough areas, again only with a stiff bristle brush.

Still might try some Oxy Powder stuff I saw. Still looking for the spray on, rub with a sponge miracle!! Also recommended by a co-worker. Local Orchard Supply Hardware has a specific cleaner made for fiberglass.

I need to buy a water softener, but I just don't like the way that stuff feels.. ick

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:37 PM   #18  

Hmm... Maybe I should try lime away on my shower doors. They won't get clean no matter what I use. I've tried CLR to no effect and about every other "standard" cleaner. Good luck with the hunt!
Old 06-27-2006, 12:40 PM   #19  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Geez Linda, those must be some really tough stains and hard water. I love the magic erasers...always gets the soap scum and hard water spots off the shower door-that's about the only place I use them. And the kaboom I use everywhere else and have never had to use a stiff brush...just a sponge. Hope you find something that works for you.

Courtnie...thanks for the link. Wondering if it is just sold in Canada...I've never seen it here.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:29 PM   #20  

Vim is sold in Canada and Europe. Unilever doesn't sell it in the US.
Closed Thread