I Did Something Good Today

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hello all.

I wanted to start something positive... all too often, we have "I did ____ today and it was so bad" posts on here... so I thought, let's switch it up.

Everyone post the one improvement/healthy thing you've done for yourself today!!

Today, I am well on my way to finishing a gallon of water AND I stayed under 1700 calories! Woohoo!

What about you?
  • i had a smoothie today that i made myself
  • I refrained from eating out!
  • This is Great!

I walked from West 60th to Canal over 40 city blocks i.e 2 miles. Yay!
  • I did 30 extra minutes of cardio, plus i ate over 5 servings of fruits and veggies today (That doesnt happen very often lol)
  • Hmm....still thinking?
  • I ate out for lunch, but I only two plates. Yay!!!
  • I got a wrap at the deli with a friend, for lunch... but when I logged it on fitday (I try and do that before I actually eat the thing so that I can see in writing the damage I'm doing) I realized it would put me over the top so I only ate half and put the rest away for tommorow .
  • I took all the veggies out of my fridge (carrots, broccoli, bell peppers, radishes, and celery) and cut them all up into sticks/pieces and put them in a big container with a bit of water to keep them moist and made some dip (dip mix and no fat sour cream) so that I'll have an easy snack and no excuse to not eat my veggies. Then i proceeded to eat a big plate of them at lunch
  • I was about to be over on my calories on my daily intake, but instead of ignoring my slip-ups I logged them into my on-line journal and saved myself from going over my daily limit by making and eating a large garden salad for dinner. Yay for self-responsibility!!!
  • I took the stairs at work...all the way to the 8th (top) floor

And I didn't give into the biscuits calling my name in the kitchen :P
  • I went to the gym for 40 mins, I learnt how to use some resistant machines and I booked a reassessment at the gym
  • I said no to second helpings of pasta (I'm a recovering Pasta Freak), and instead filled my plate with salad!!! Yay!!!! I could have cried though, but I did it!
  • Quote: I said no to second helpings of pasta (I'm a recovering Pasta Freak), and instead filled my plate with salad!!! Yay!!!! I could have cried though, but I did it!
    Good job! I probably would have cried, too!
  • had veggies for a snack earlier