What is the one thing you WILL NOT give up?

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • While you're doing this weight loss journey, what is one thing you will not give up? For me, it's either my coffee or diet coke. I know diet coke is low calorie, but I do drink it on the weekends as my treat.
  • Why would you need to give up diet coke? The caffeine?

I will just not give up having a glass of wine with a good steak - Alberta beef, of course!
  • Honestly, I'm calorie counting so I don't have to give up anything. As long as I account for it I can have it. But if I was on a restriction diet then I would never give up sugar in my coffee. I can't stand artificial sweeteners in coffee. I like them in tea, but don't put nothing but sugar in my coffee
  • Okay, this is bad. I cannot, will not, give up full fat sour cream. I don't use a lot of it, but when you need it, the low fat stuff just doesn't compare and the food tastes bland without it. So, for a rare treat, I'll put the real stuff on whatever it calls for!
  • Diet coke. I am almost ashamed to admit how much I depend on it. You don't want to be around me if there isn't some in the house in the AM.
  • This is probably very, very bad, but I just can't give up alcohol. Nothing is better than a glass of wine or two when I get out of school and work after a long day, and... I am a college student.
  • Yup, what Carrie said. The beauty of calorie counting! Nothing is taboo!
  • I love diet coke. I like to switch between fresca, rarely, and diet dr pepper.
  • Count me in with the coffee and Diet Coke crowd. I'm living proof that you can drink a pot of coffee every day and lose. And keep it off.

They'll have to pry both of those out of my cold, dead fingers.
  • Everything I love. But I figured out that I don't have to give them up, just enjoy them more moderately than I had been. Like a couple of weeks ago, I had a candy bar for the first time in ages, but I allowed for it in my calorie count and still kept my weight going down. Yesterday, I enjoyed a Wendy's Frosty. I got a Jr. size, rather than the super size I used to get. LOL And I added the calories into my count.
  • i can't give up my coffee. no way. (and complex carbs).
  • Okay im bad, But i am counting cal's and eating pretty healthy the ONE thing I will not give up is a potato! I love them and have one about 2-3 times a week! And since the start of the year im down 14 lbs so it's okay for me to do this according to my body
  • I really don't give up too much, I just eat smaller portions....but if I had to decide on something I would NOT give up....I would not give up full flavor of anything for Fat Free....for example, I have to have regular sour cream, regualr mayo, and at least a few bites of something sweet after dinner, like a low fat mini size candy....so far it works for me, I've lost 14 pounds since Jan. 1st.

DJ
  • Quote: Why would you need to give up diet coke? The caffeine?

I will just not give up having a glass of wine with a good steak - Alberta beef, of course!
    I did hear from someone that diet sodas are still bad for a diet...maybe I'm just hearing rumors....I dunno.
  • Another fabulous perk to 3fc is that if you ever hear anything weightloss or fitness related, you can check out it's veracity here.