Drinking your calories

• I'm curious if I'm the only one that doesn't count everything I drink? I count only what has an obvious calorie count. If the label says 0 calories then I don't count it, even it fitday disagrees with the calorie count (like unsweetented tea).

I count my morning coffee but that's because I sweet'n it with a couple tsp of sugar. I count regular soda (which I've stopped drinking) but not diet (I occassionally have a diet vanilla pepsi). Of course, I don't count water and I don't count my sweet n' low tea.

Just curious.
  • I don't count them either... I try to stick to plain water most of the time, but on occasion I'll have sugar-free lemonade or sugar-free iced peach tea. But, they have 0 cals, so I don't bother with putting them into Fitday.
  • I don't add black coffee, tea, water or diet coke. I guess I have the odd crystal lite that I don't add either. I like to keep things simple.
  • Oh, thank goodness! I've read so much about drinking your calories that I was fearful I was in error for not wanting to count everything I drink.

Thanks!
  • Even if a cup of tea has 4 or 5 calories ... it's take gallons to make a difference. You could try someday when you're on the computer and have not much else to do. It'd probably be a difference of 25 or 30 calories that we probably screw up by miscalculations and forgetfulness every day anyhow.
  • I count whatever has calories, whether it's liquid or not. If it doesn't have calories, then I don't worry about it
  • I always add a cup of skimmed milk on for my tea and then don't count the actual tea.
  • Quote: You could try someday when you're on the computer and have not much else to do.
    Oh my, I don't think I'm ever that bored.
  • Quote: I always add a cup of skimmed milk on for my tea and then don't count the actual tea.
    Oh yeah, I do put my skim milk in there, too. But I do so because I'm using a half cup to one cup at a time (for cereal and such), and that's anywhere from 45-90 cals.