300+ And Ready To Try Again.. #824

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Wyllen, how do you feel about hitting the big 4-0h? Its always scary hitting the next big number up, I'm 41 this time, we were going to go to Italy for my fortieth but as Gareth is autistic we had to leave it, he doesn't always do well abroad. How are you celebrating?
    I still feel down today but tomorrow is ANOTHER fresh start.
    How are you Crockett? are you keeping away from those b**ches on the other forum?
    I hope you are all ok.
    Kayley I can only find one skirt and I have not worn it yet, but I will keep looking as loads of stuff has 'disappeared' just lately, I WILL find it, but pm me with your top & bottom sizes or measurements so I can be sure what I find will fit you.
    bye,
    xxsharon
  • Greetings Losin' Chicks!

Well, Monday is here again! How I wish it wasn't, as I have a dentist appt. at 3 this afternoon for fillings on both sides of my bottom jaw! Nothing like having your entire mouth numb!

As usual, I'm having some trouble keeping up with you ladies! Lets see if I can remember who I wanted to reply most to since I can't possibly reply to everyone...

Sharon: Don't you feel bad about one pound down! It's DOWN, not UP! And down is always a good thing! Happy Birthday! in case I forget on Wednesday!

Ammi: Well done on the WI! I'm so very sorry about your friends on the other board though...I know how close I get to people on these boards and how hard it is to lose an internet friend.

Kayley: What a total butt-head that Dr was! It never fails that the people you most want to tell you you're doing good find fault! I probably get a compliment every week. Yesterday I got to chatting with a stock-clerk at Wal-Mart while reading labels on cereal. She was so impressed with me! But I tell the nurses at the OBGYN that I've lost 80 lbs...Which I have to point out - Shouldn't they notice?...and get no response at all...maybe a "that's nice". Every time I see my primary Dr I tell him how much I've lost. I want to hear a "You've done GREAT." At best I get a "not bad". You have totally done a good job on your weight! So I'll say it for him... Way to go! Keep up the good work!!!

wyllenn: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Please forgive me, but I can't remember who asked how I got into the SCA stuff. Actually, I'd gone to Renfairs for years, not in costume, just as a patron...which is an entirely different thing. When DH and I got married, he, being just as big of a nerd as me...or more, went to the KCRenfest with me. He saw people making chainmaile armor and decided to learn how to do it. So he did. Then we learned our local library put on a little one-day festival here in town. He went to the library and asked to volunteer. So of course, next thing I know, I'm on the committee! Anyway, as ours is an educational event, we try to have lots of displays of arts and crafts and the local SCA was one of our exhibitors. DH had a booth showing his armor and the SCA ladies stopped by. They told us about when their meetings take place and the rest is obvious. So now we do the SCA, we do the local Renfair (which has performers from KC come down) and we also are starting another group as well. This is too much psudo-history for anyone!

Zelma: Sorry for your scale surprize...but you are soooo close to your final goal! It is an inspiration to every woman on this board!

Well, I have to run. I've been trying to get this written now since 8:15 and it's 10:15. I've held two hearings and I've lost track of where I am...so...

Keep up the good work ladies! Onward and Downward!
  • I know that doctor was a jerk, and I really really wanted to say something rude to him...but he's a professional, and I tend to do that...even if he doesn't respect me, I respect him. Another bad thing I need to break! hehe...luckily he's not my doctor, he was just the doctor at the walk-in clinic, and that's where my work sent me for my physical.

Nancy - Another awesome NSV! Keep it up!

Luan - NSV's seem to be popping up everywhere! Great job! I think I might have to whip out some bras I've had stashed and see if I can add to it!

Zelma - You are doing so fantastic, I'm glad that you aren't letting your new scales get you down. I felt sorta blah when I weighed in at the doctor...it showed me at 327...but that's not the scale I weigh in on...and I know I've still lost the same amount, so I'm just keeping it where it is...and once the scale I weigh in on says 200, I'll go to the doctor, and see just how much I have to lose.

Ammi - WAY TO GO, CHICK!!! I just KNEW you were going to do GREAT at your weigh-in!!!!!!! Keep it up!!!!!!

Andrew wants the computer, so I'll catch the rest later...
  • Ah Shucks! I just remembered what else I wanted to say....

I tried going thru some clothing this weekend, but didn't have much time. Looks like I'm mostly going to have a few business-like skirts and maybe some tops. I also have three really, really nice, sexy nighties. One is a long, size 4x, pink with a robe (if you can call something see-thru a robe, one is 3x tropical print teal with one side that is open lacing and one is 3x totally see-thru red with little bows down the back - don't think I ever even wore that one. I think I may have more nighties too. I have a thing for pretty little nighties. (I swear, they were worn one time for 5 minutes then washed and put in a drawer. DH isn't into the wrapper so much as what it wraps. )

I'm thinking of taking digital pic's of all my clothes to give away and posting them. Would anyone like me to do that? If so, I'll see what else I can dig up - other than sleepwear.
  • Hello All,

Well here I am after doing 30 minutes salsasize, it's amazing how the muscles seem to seize up after not exercising for a few days. I am going to have to stop being such a lazy thing and get up early on the weekends to do my workout before the kids wake up.

Brenda - WOOHOO congrats to getting under 350!! You lost 8 lbs to get there which is pretty darn awesome too. Gee if cheating a bit and still getting to 8 lbs off works for you then I reckon I should try it No it's too early on in my diet to let myself have any treats. I figure my first one might be on the 18th of this month when we are all going to see a musical play. We will probably have lunch out. Though I am in the right frame of mind to still make healthy choices. OOOOh it feels so good to be back in control

2losinit - sounds like you had a great weekend, how cool that you got all those nice clothes. I wouldn't feel bad about it, I am sure that when you are too big for everything you will be able to find somebody to pass them onto. Who knows maybe you could pass them back to your friend who hopefully will have lost the weight by then

Valerie - rats, I have probably missed saying so long and take care when you are back on the road. Well belatedly I hope you have a good trip.

I am right with you on the muffin things. I can't have any low fat snacks like that in the house because I can never stop at just one. I know it's wonderful to find a low fat treat that is as delicious as the full fat option. But gee, there's nice and too nice

Garnetfairy - sorry that you are struggling still with your chest infections. Seems like it's taking you ages to get better. I hope you will be feeling back to normal sooner rather than later.

Are you loving Richard's site? I have been on it but I don't know, call me tight, lol, but I don't want to pay out to join his clubhouse. I have all the support I need here, and I can still go on his site for the motivational message etc from him. You want to know something stupid? I emailed the shop on that site to ask if they would deliver to the UK. They said no, but that if I RANG (from the UK) Richard's studio on California they have stocks of it and would send it to the UK. How dumb is that. Fortunately the DVD I wanted I could get from Amazon.com and they happily deliver to the UK.

Kayley - I am not sure, but I think it's only the UK that has such extortionate customs laws and costs. When I send stuff to my friend in Australia, she never has to pay customs, and although I haven't sent valuable stuff to the US, I know plenty of people there who have never had a customs charge when things have been sent from here. So you might be OK. Besides if Sharon sends you that skirt, she only has to say on the customs slip that it's a skirt with a small value. Then you are pretty safe. I will email her with some posting info.

Thanks for the 'shoulder' if I catch you on Yahoo one evening it will be nice to chat again.

So happy to hear about your NSV. I think it makes all the difference to how long we can stay motivated when we can actually see the resutls. As for digital camera photos, they are like scales, they LIE, lol. We can't look as bad as they make out. I don't know if I am doing something wrong with mine, but when I take photos and put them onto the PC they are HUGE. What's with that. Who wants pics that big. I know how to make them smaller, but it seems a lot of fuss to do all that editing. I think I will have to search for my instruction booklet

That doctor of yours, point me at him, let me send a virtual kick in the butt his way. How horribly rude he was to you. I had a similar experience last year with a doctor being AMAZED that I could be so fat after having an Ileostomy. I think they should teach doctors more bed side manners, they obviously haven't got any these days.

Wyllen - thanks for the hugs. I have been so up and down today, when I keep my mind busy I am not too bad, but as soon as I get a text message I am worried that I will get the news I am expecting but still dreading.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR WYLLEN
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

I got your email thank you, and I shall write back soon.

Nancy - oh yes it's a perfect gift idea for me for Daren, buying all those box sets of TNG. Funnily enough though he is the easiest person to buy for. There is so much that he loves. It's just a good job that he isn't so keen on all the other Star Trek series or I will be buying them for years to come lol. My personal fave is TNG.

That's a pretty good NSV you have noticed, not having your feet be really hurting after standing for any length of time. I love NSVs

Luan - you are SO right with everything you said about the relationships we form online. I know a lot of people have nothing but bad things to say about the Net, but I love it and am so thankful that I have met so many wonderful friends though it.

Congrats on your NSV, going down bra sizes is always brilliant. I look forward to the day when I can wear a bra that is comfortable and doesn't leave marks on my shoulders.

Oh and hey, I am not surpassing you lol, that was 11 lbs after a month, you seem to be losing great amounts every week

Zelma - isn't it crazy how sets of scales can differ so much. Now that you have found the set that you think are the most accurate I hope you won't have to change them again. It won't be long now until you get to goal, and then those scales will only used to make sure you maintain. How wonderful will that be!!

Nomorehurt - so lovely to see you posting. Sorry I wasn't around for a chat. I have managed to catch up with my sleep now, and hopefully I won't have a bad night again tonight.

Jill - I LOVE your new bed set, it's gorgeous. I would love something like that. At the moment we are in a room that is so small that the bed takes up most of the floor. It just seems too cluttered if we have fancy bedding, so that will have to wait until the kids leave home and we can move into the big room.

Good for you for still making some good food choices over the superbowl weekend. Boy am I glad we don't have that here, it would be yet another occasion that I would make excuses to pig out on lol. So, did your fave team win?

Sharon - hey you did have that Indian meal and that would have been high in salt. I am sure that is one of the main reasons you say a 1 lb loss. Still 1 lb off is 1 lb less, and like the pennies, they add up. Don't feel too bad about it, I bet next WI will be a good one which will more than make up for todays!

Crock - sounds like somebody is happy about who won the superbowl lol. See now who needs exercise when all that excited jumping around will burn off those lbs much easier

I hope you enjoy doing the SB diet and that you have enough of the right foods in the house to make a go of it from today. I will be interested in hearing how you get on with it.

Lilion - I took so long writing this post that you had written two posts before I posted mine lol. So I am adding on to this. Thank you for your kind words about my friends from the other board. It's seems so silly to get upset about people I have never met. My first thoughts were aaagh keep away from all boards and internet friends from now on. But too late, I have such lovely friends and it would be really daft to stop all contact in case I get hurt if they die. So here's to long wonderful friendships online or off.

Ok, time for me to check my emails and turn on my messengers, I hope my friends that you are around for a chat

Hugs,

Ammi
  • Lilian ,,, GREAT IDEA, on the pictures of clothes,,,,,, should we , perhaps start a "THREAD" for that, I am willing,
  • Quote: (I swear, they were worn one time for 5 minutes then washed and put in a drawer. DH isn't into the wrapper so much as what it wraps. )
    Oh my goodness, something about that just struck me the right way!

Speaking of which, I ran over to Target before lunch this morning, and I found a light purple nightie kinda thing on the clearance rack in a size 3XL for $4.74 Now, I don't normally wear such things (I just assume go to bed naked than spend money on them ), but the big V-Day is coming up next week, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. I just couldn't believe the bargain--guess it was meant to be! It's actually this one, but in lilac instead of pink:
    http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...CLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    It comes with the thong underwear, too, but I'm not sure I'm quite ready for that
  • STOP!!!
    Don't post here anymore...
    Please join us on 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#825!!!

The HTML wouldn't work, so that's why this post isn't so EYE CATCHING! lol
  • STOP!!!
    Don't post here anymore...
    Please join us on 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#825!!!

There ya go, Kayley