Almost There!

You're on Page 6 of 51
Go to
  • Susan, I don't know how you do it. Seriously, I think I would be a raving lunatic if I worked your schedule. The fact that you can do that AND still have the energy and motivation to workout and clean your kitchen (something I often neglect) is truly impressive. You should give yourself a big pat on the back.

Hooray for feeling so good, Gaylyn! Most of the time I come out of the dressing room totally discouraged and grumpy, so I'm sure it's a great feeling to be so psyched.

Hope everyone had a good Monday!
  • When I think I'm hard done by, I just need to read some threads. At least I don't work 12 hr shifts!

The good news is that I've been doing much better since I decided to start over today. Sooner or later I'll have to enter the cinnamon hearts and chocolates I had instead of breakfast .... maybe last thing before I go to bed.
  • Mmmmm...cinnamon hearts and chocolates....

That reminds me that tomorrow is that great celebration of chocolate (ooops, I mean love.) I don't really have a problem with Valentine's Day. The hard part is that day after, when all the candy at the supermarket is half price. And I think "Wow! A bag of mini Snickers for only $1...how can I not buy this?" And then I think I will be good and put the bag in my freezer and have little treats from time to time. Until the next day when I find that my pockets are full of wrappers and the bag is empty. It's not good to be this predictable.

Anyone doing anything fun for Valentine's Day?
  • Veerie I am totally the same way--that clearance candy calls my name so I will do my best to avoid the whole scenario.

Went out and bought a mini Ben&Jerry's chocolate fudge brownie ice cream for my BF--he loves the stuff and I never buy it so they had the cutest little containers and I decided he was worth it! Since for Christmas he stuffed my stocking with protein bars and some sugar free candy I think he's finally realized I can't handle the temptation of the "good stuff"!

Today went all right--meals were kinda scattered but I did my best. Along with the protein and fiber goals this week I am going to make sure I am getting at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies everyday. Fitday is my new best friend!

Oh and thanks for the race support everyone! Did a quick 4 miles after work before my sign language class tonight and it felt much better weather-wise.
  • Yeah I'm kickboxing for valentine's!

I got shortbread for V-day last night, in a heart shape. Get this, he made it with margarine because butter would've been unhealthy! Bless his little cotton socks

Having a slight whoopsie - I'm in camel mode after pepperoni pizza at the weekend. Also the "shortbread heart" probably hasn't helped much! Trying to eat as clean as possible today. However I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaay under calories, so I best buy some more food! Hope the scales go back down by the end of the week.. Here endeth my daily weigh-ins!

It's a grey day today - feeling slightly below-par. I'm sure some Pepsi will pep me up! Oh and I have to take the bike in for an MOT today. I'm not particularly looking forward to that hassle! Well at least it will be legal and it's getting a new chain, which saves me doing it!
  • Happy Valentines Day!

My eating has been crappy for a couple of days, I admit it. But, I'm back on track! I've gotten an early start on my spring cleaning - waxing wood floors, painting decks, etc. Unfortunately, once I get going I either don't eat for long periods and end up eating garbage and a lot of it OR I nibble all day long as I go (those BLT's we've talked about) and end up eating more than I realize. Those aren't excuses - I could have done better and I know it - just an account of what went down. Funny that the worst eating I do these days is better than my best eating a year ago. My gosh, as bad as it seems for me now, the total of what I ate yesterday would have just been breakfast back then. *Shudder*

Ah, yes, the after holiday candy bargains. As it happens I made homemade cinnamon rolls this weekend. I never actually ate one, but I nearly forked the pan to death. The idea of anything sweet is rather unappealing at this point so I should survive the chocolate markdowns.

Well, it is back to work for me. I've one more floor to finish downstairs and then upstairs to clean I go. Today's eating should be much better since I won't be walking in and out of the kitchen all day. And I'm setting a timer so I know when it is time to take a break and have lunch!
  • Floor wax as a weightloss tool ... hmmm!
  • Today's plan did not go nearly as it was supposed to...wayy too much snacking on junk and I didn't get in my second walk during lunch break. I ended up having my last appointment end at 4:30 and it was an hour's drive back to the office so that didn't make it any better.

My boyfriend did make a wonderful filet mignon for dinner and steam some squash and zucchini (with just herbs and salt-free seasonings) PLUS no sweets whatsoever for Valentines, just some beautiful flowers--I didn't even have a spoonful of his ice cream for dessert. This weekend we are headed to San Antonio and staying on the riverwalk so I'll just have to keep myself in line. Should be a beautiful run if the weather stays nice...

Have a good night ladies.
  • Had a really busy day today. Last night after my dd ballet class I was informed that we had to make their costumes for the end of the year recital. So I spent most of today getting it done because I was chosen to do the first one. It turned out great, if I do say so myself. Hope everyone had a great day!
  • Had a stupid migraine type thingy yesterday - and I just read Tuesday's post that says I was feeling crook, so maybe I had a slight bug, since after I got rid of my migraine I started to feel mighty sick! Went out for dinner anyway though! Had lovely risotto and HUGE chunky chips and bread and olive oil! I'm not complaining, since the scales were down a pound or two this morning Still feeling a little dizzy this morning though.. very slow on the old grey matter!

Got double kickboxing tonight - I get to do takedowns WOOOHOOOO! I hope the nasty man is there, then I can "ooops" do it wrong (painful!).

Have been looking at honeymoon cottages in scotland. There's one that is built like a signal box. DF is not impressed! He is very into transport and things but he says he's not telling people that we're staying in a signal box for our honeymoon! He'd better come up with something better and 10x more romantic then!
  • Oooh weight update!

I didn't post this here, BUT when I was 12 years old, I weighed 12 stone 4lbs. (that's 172) I'm now (as of this morning) 11 stone 8 1/2lbs (162.5 ).

That's one mighty strange feeling!

Oh and I had Mum check, I weighed 10 stone 6lbs (146) when I was 11, so a way to go before my 11 year old weight!
  • What's a signal box? I have visions of you staying in a traffic light ... red, yellow, green .... pull the shades!
  • Ah in the Olden Days of steam railways, a signalman used to work in his signal box (a two story small affair) and change the signals on the train tracks. He'd work in the upstairs bit so he could see the trains coming and going, then pull levers to change the signals. I didn't think it would translate over the pond well
  • I think here he'd be a switchman.
    Hey, Jenfrus! Your post in 'what are you looking for at 3fc' was really wonderful!
  • Finally, I can post! I've attempted a couple of times in the last 2 days and keep getting that darned busy server message. I'm still spring cleaning plus have DH to contend with - he was home yesterday with strep throat. Needless to say I didn't have a lot of computer time.

I'm having a hard time exercising. I'm doing it, I'm just not enjoying it like I usually do nor am I pushing myself as hard as I should. I expect I might have a little bug as well that is making me sluggish.

My scale hasn't moved but that is no surprise. I've been doing okay but not exactly what I need to in order to keep the weight dropping at a steady pace. I have got to clean up my eating a little more. I can do it, just have to put my mind to it!

Hope everyone is having a great week.