::Sniff Sniff:: I still need a buddy too!

• No one loves me

My name is Kim and I am a 22 y/o SAHM down here in Louisiana (no, I am not Chocolate ). I am originally from NY and I moved here in 2004 after I married my Southern Boy. My little princess, Briley Makenna is almost 15 months... she and I love shopping and eating out.. hehehe. I started out at my highest, 227/Size 18. For the past several years I had been maintaining at 190.. then I became pregnant with my daughter and went up to 220. I was very sick early in 2005 and I went down to 200. Then, somehow between then and now, I gained almost 30 lbs. My husband and I started our new way of eating almost 2 weeks ago this Sunday (well, basically it's my new way of eating that I 'put' him on, lol.. since I am the one who does all of the shopping and cooking!). You can see my results in my signature. This week has been a bit tougher so I hope that I have been maintaining that loss! My weaknesses are PASTA (100% Italian!), bread.. and oh, did I mention PASTA? I also go weak at the knees for cheesecake, cookies, chocolate, brownies... Mhmmm. ANYWAYYYY.. I need a buddy that I can IM with often!
  • hey Kim just start typing sounds like you got a good start ......and please dont talk about chocolate...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....chocolate I love the stuff I dont let myself have any I cant stop at one...lol
  • I'm with you sister!! Pasta...oh how I love thee! LOL! Actually last night I made spaghetti but I used ground turkey instead of ground beef and my family just loved it, I also used the Barilla plus, which is supposed to be better than the plain white, I cant do the wholewheat pasta...its too...prikly. Looks to me like you are doing awesome so far!! keep up the good work! What IM do you use? I'd love to chat!

~melissa
  • Same page
    Sounds like we are on the same page and have the same goals. You can PM me anytime. Take care and good luck..
    -CK
  • Don't be shy! Jump right. Read, post. You'll meet lots of fabulous new folks.

If you're looking for something in particular maybe I can help you find threads that you'll like.
  • Hi Kim,

I'm a New Orleans' native --gasp, I still admit it! Maybe that's why I'm sooooo addicted to chocolate????!??!? The Mayor did call it a chocolate city??!?!?!

on your weight loss!

PM me if you want to chat, share Louisiana jokes, or discuss the battle of the bulge.

Good Luck,
    Liz

• Another NY transplanted in the south

I totaly agree Jump right on in here and start posting away !!

if you want to IM you can find me on yahoo usualy, i think my username is in my profile...

but really with such a great place like this its practicaly not even needed, i just signed up here the other day and you'd think i had been here forever i already feel like such a part of this community and am constantly meeting new people

you'll love it here !! theres so much motivation and inspiration and help its unreal !

Good luck in your WL journey...

mmmm... Pasta... mmmmm
  • i dont know how to use this
  • Kim! I, too, have a huge weakness for pasta, and sweets!!! But, like your signature says "Thin feels better than cookies taste." So I try not to eat a lot of them! I like that saying!! Well, if you ever need to talk or need some encouragement, just PM me. I've been on here for a little while and I do not have a buddy either.

Valentine's goal:

Started WW June 1 '05 (Long term goal):
  • Hi, I am from the east coast too and i moved south. Well.. okay to south jersey from north jersey but its a a change. Anyway... I feel ya with the pasta. I think i live in the pasta capital of the world. Feel free to contact me anytime. I just started weight watchers and i could use a friend.