Jillian's Girls Exercise Journal

You're on Page 10 of 101
Go to
  • I get that sort of dizzy, wobbly feeling after the treadmill too. The first time I did it I nearly fell when I got off. Now I just stand on it a few seconds and have some water until I feel normal before I get off. And, yah, same here. The elliptical doesn't do that at all.
  • I did Thursday of week 4 today, it's a lot of upper arms....they feel kinda rubbery after. Only doing 2 sets makes me up the weight, though. If I know I only have to do 2 sets I don't try to pace myself as much. Mountain climbers are getting easier...still can't do a whole minute without resting though.

I might try the treadmill again sometime just to change things up...I'll try what you do next time...better than falling over. Sooner or later I'm bound to get sick of the ellyptical. I still walk quite a bit with the dog - so the treadmill is a little redundant...except I don't have to stop for sniff breaks on the treadmill
  • Afternoon everyone. I got back from my trip yesterday. I was gone for 9 days. I missed my workouts and routine menu. So back at it! I just finished day one of week four. I plan to pick up where I left off. Food on track. I didn't exercise while I was gone. I maintained a reasonable diet with a few treat interspersed until the last 2 days when I more or less lost it. I am going to give myself a few days to recover before stepping on the scale. Just don't want to discourage myself. Tomorrow to be gotten through though I do have a modified plan in mind that I can live with and hopefully won't cause too much damage. My thanksgiving workout is a definite though! Happy Thanksgiving!!!
  • Hey girls,

I'm concerned about the people feeling dizzy etc after the treadmill. I've been there many a time as I've been an exercise nut at various stages throughout my life.

So the most likely cause for the dizziness is if your heart rate is dropping too fast. Not sure if this applies to any of you but make sure you cool down on the treadmill before you get off. If you're powering and your heart is pumping and then you completely stop moving before you have properly recovered you will feel very light headed. Anyway maybe this helps someone.

SmartButt,

You are the other concern. Don't you dare give up! I haven't seen Jillian's video but if you can't do the easy version and you can't substitute something of a lower intencity then eject it and put it on the shelf for later. I think MrsT had a great idea to start doing the 12 week program, or go back to some of your old videos. Work hard but work at your level. You'll be absolutely amazed at how soon you'll be able to confidently give Jillian's video another try. Good luck.
  • Welcome back, ledom!!

Quote: So the most likely cause for the dizziness is if your heart rate is dropping too fast. Not sure if this applies to any of you but make sure you cool down on the treadmill before you get off. If you're powering and your heart is pumping and then you completely stop moving before you have properly recovered you will feel very light headed. Anyway maybe this helps someone.
    Thanks - that's kinda logical, maybe I do slow down some on the ellyptical but I didn't on the treadmill... I'll make sure and do a cool down when I try the treadmill again. It's all in my head. Actually now that I think about it - I kinda get the same vertigo feeling when I go on one of those people mover thingies at the airport...so, maybe its more the moving belt that gets me.

As for today's workout...I'm done with week four! On to new things next Saturday... I haven't gone through it yet and written it out to see how scary it is. So far Jillian hasn't killed me yet.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
  • Morning and Happy Thanksgiving......

I took advantage of my gym being open today (first time ever) and worked out. I did day 4 of week 3. Holy cow.....mountain climbers kill me!! I have to say that I do high knee lifts instead of all that pressure on my wrists....but yowzza!!! The result is the same. Afterwards I did 30 min on the treadmill (incline 6.5, speed 4 ) AND NOW ITS TURKEY TIME!!!!
  • Way to go angel-eyes, I am in there with you. Got my workout done first thing this a.m. I kept thinking about cutting short as I had so much to do, but reminded myself that this one thing I do for myself on Thanksgiving morning deserved my wholehearted effort, so week 4/day 2 is done!
  • Way to go, Jillian's girls!!!! Happy Thanksgiving!

• I hope you all had a great day - or are still having i suppose considering the time difference

Friday - 20 min brisk walk, Week 1, day 5 circuit - what a killer!
  • 1 hour of kick butt cardio today....dang that feels good!!!! I went to the fancy gym with the tv's on each ellyptical machine. Cranked up a rerun of Law & Order and was even awake for the end! (When I watch at home - for some annoying reason I always fall asleep about 10 minutes before the end and then wake up at the credits. DH will never tell me how it ends... )

Anyhoo - I stayed between 75 & 85% HRM for 45 minutes
  • I need to get back on track with exercise. I took almost a week off from Jillian's routine. It's good to come here and be inspired.
  • Well Emma, hang in there. It is a hard time of year to get everything in and stay the course. Keep coming back for support and, here I am talking to myself, thanksgiving is just one day as is christmas. I am really trying to limit my indulgences to the actual holiday this year. I will not bringing cookies or candy into my house and I plan on a coffee buzz at any social gatherings. Anyway, I hope you can get back to your workouts. Working out seems to make everything else go better. You can do it! Daisy and Gina keep up the good work. As soon as I finish my morning coffee I am headed down to the basement for day 3/week 3.
  • More me. Thought I'd report that I did get my workout done. Also my thoughts on missing 9 days and returning to the workouts. When I left for my trip I thought my muscle tone showed marked improvement, I lost some of that on my days off, but after 3 days it seems to be coming back in. I have gotten stronger I can tell by the amount of time I can do the mountain climbers and jumping jacks, yes I am actually doing some jacks now! I can go about 40 sec. As I couldn't do one more I move on, but with the idea I'll eventually get in the entire 60 sec. Toward the end I have to resort to treadmill intervals, but like I said, I am getting stronger and seeing improvement.
  • Ledom, thanks so much. You are right, the day and everything else just goes better when you workout! I agree. Good job on your workouts!
  • I did Day 1 of Week 5 today - mountain climbers are getting a little easier...I'm lasting 30-40 seconds instead of a minute...I'm gonna keep trying...week 7 & 8 she bumps it up to a minute and a half... Something to look forward to. Rounded out the hour with half an hour on the ellyptical. The dog got an hour walk, too...it was so beautiful out..no more rain today!