Winning by Losing Check-Ins

You're on Page 11 of 11
Go to
  • How's everyone's weekend going? I"ve been a little snack-y today, so I'm trying to 'down' the water and keep my fingers busy!! Hope it works for my weigh in tommorow.
  • Good Luck angel eyes!!! I'm a little scared to weigh in after the pancake day but we shall see!!
  • Hi Ladies

This weeks mini goals for me are:

1. Limit myself to 2 cups of coffee per day
    2. Replace those coffee's with herbal and green teas
    3. Exercise for 5 days this week
    4. No snacking after dinner!
    5. 2.4Lt water per day (my water bottle is 600ml so that makes 4 bottles per day)

Ok, I had to get that out there so I will be accountable and can report back on my progress.

I think that making these goals is really important as it is the beginning of a life change. Slow and steady wins the race in changing habits formed over years and years IMO.

I am a bit worried about stepping on the scale tonight. I haven't weighed for two weeks and as I haven't been exercising or watching what I am eating - I am a bit nervous. But hey, it can only get better right?

OH is away for a couple of nights this week, which means I will be cooking for one. It is actually a good thing as I have some salmon I have been wanting to have for a while, but as he is not a big fan, I haven't had it.

The problem in our house is that OH is a meat eater and eats minimal vegetables. He doesn't eat leafy greens, or anything like that - only potatoes really. It kind of makes things difficult for me. I would rather not have to make two different meals, but I suppose I can't avoid it any longer. Doing what I have been doing is not working as we have based our meals around pasta and meat, ie, lasagna, steak with pasta.

Anyway, just thinking out loud really.

Happy losing
  • Hello everyone. *waves*
    I'd like to join in this check-in. I got Jillians book about a week ago and have been slowly incorporating her ideas in and am ready to go full out with it. (3 days before Thanksgiving, I know..I like to live dangerously ) I have about 100lbs to lose. (243 right now)

After taking the test in the book, I think I'm a fast oxidizer. Is anyone else here fast
    as well? It'd be lovely to look at others daily menus for ideas.

My goals for the week:
    1. 80 oz + water
    2. No processed carbs at dinner (except Thursday, switch to no simple carbs at other two meals)
    3. Get in at least 20 min. of exercise 4 times this week
    4. Begin flucuating my calories during the week to add up to my weekly total

Hope y'all have a great day.
  • amy lu

Glad to hear you have Jillians book - its my bible at the moment. I keep referring to it all the time.

I am so glad we don't celebrate thanksgiving down here - its hard enough with just Christmas not too far away. Must be tempting with two big celebrations in as many months.

I'm a balanced oxidizer but I think there are a few fast oxidizers on the board who will be able to give you some advice.

Happy losing
  • I have been having the week from **** and the period from ****. This is my second day and it kicked in about an hour ago with a vengeance. I wanted everyone to know I'm still hanging in there, but haven't been online at all. I'm not doing great, but I'm not giving up.
  • sorry you aren't feeling well Emma. chin up - you'll be at your best in no time i am sure.

just wanted to get a post in before the board closes for thanksgiving and wish you all a

i will be thinking of you all and hope you have a wonderful day with your families.

i am so excited as on friday we have a double episode of TBL which will be the final weigh in and then the final to decide the winner

it is soooo hot here at the moment - just makes me want to sit on the couch and try and keep cool the minute i get home from work, but i will prevail and sweat it out!

ps - i love these new emoticons!
  • well just did my exercise then had a cold shower and washed my hair. it is really warm today and my face was beet red after my work out

tonight we have a double episode of TBL (starts in 45 mins! ) which includes the final so I am planning on having some dinner while watching it and just relaxing with the dogs on the couch.

OH has taken his kids to the WA Ironman (about 5 hours south of here) for the next 3 days so I have the house to myself all weekend. I am looking forward to getting onto some prep for Christmas and having some quality time to myself.

tomorrow i am thinking of getting in an hour of yoga and then on sunday taking the dogs for a decent walk (depending on the heat).

hope you are all good and happy losing!
  • Hi, everyone! I have got to get back into the swing of things. I am definitely losing myself again ... first in sickness, then in food, then in the holidays.

I get stressed during the holiday season. I'm a people pleaser (well, family pleaser) so I go nuts shopping while still trying to keep our own bills paid. Food is always my saving grace.

I haven't exercised in so long. My daughter got on me about it yesterday. Finally!

I just wanted to touch base and to apologize for my absence. I'm rarely on the computer so it's hard to really to do daily, but I am going to make more of an effort for myself.