Water vs. Tea vs. Green Tea

• 1. Water vs. Tea vs. Green Tea? What is better for you and why?
    2. Would you count tea as water intake since it's herbs and water?

• 1. I can't answer you specifically on this because it seems like there is no clear cut answer. Personally, I like green tea so I drink it!

2. I *do* count the green tea as daily water intake. I found these wonderful Lipton green tea individual packs that you put in 16.9 ounce bottles of water and just shake. They have honey & lemon and mandarine & mango. It's really the only way that I can get my daily water.........the only time I like plain ice water is right after a good, hard workout!
  • Yeah i LOVE tea, being european an all i was raised on hot tea. Tea time anyone? haha.

I just wasn't sure the benefits of one over the other. Water vs. Tea. I usually just drink herbal hot tea because i think most of those other tea's that are cold at the market seem to have plenty of sugar and other things i would rather do without.

hmmm....
  • I LOVE green tea. My favorite brand is St. Dalfour because you can brew it to be VERY strong. I count my green tea as water because I don't add sugar to it...so it is calorie free. Green tea has a lot of antioxidants so it is beneficial...some people think it could help you lose weight, but I'm not so sure about that, but I know it has antixodiants that kill free radical cells. I think water is good because it is what your body is mostly made of.
  • Thank you for the info!
    I'll try out that tea sometime. Sounds GOOD.
  • Tea and Green Tea both tend to contain caffine. Herbal teas probably don't but I'm not sure!

In that case water is better for you, but I would count tea in with my water intake. There's still water in it! I drink a diluted "squash" drink that we have over here - i think in the US the equivalent is Kool-Aid but without the sugar - because I'm not too fond on just plain water and find I can't drink a lot of it.