Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-22-2005, 06:32 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I am currently wearing a size L top, but today I tried on an L top and ended up getting an XL. I also have size 12 tops, which translate to an M at some stores.

My favorite pair of jeans from Old Navy are a loose size 12, but today I bought a size 14 pair of khakis and I probably should move the button over a bit because they are a touch tight in the waist. I bought another pair of the same style jeans from Old Navy in a size 12 (without trying them on), and they are too tight. I have a skirt I bought that's a size 14, and it's still a bit too tight around the waist (has anyone else over 50 noticed the fat hanging on at the waist or is it just me?). It's so frustrating! Oh, I'm 5'9" tall and I weight 185.

Thanks for explaining what gotchers are!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 06:58 PM   #17  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

12 or 14 on the bottom...medium or large on the top...started out at 24...
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 08:33 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

I started at a size 22. But I just kept wearing my size 20 stuff, even though they were really tight and uncomfortable. I never even bought anything in a size 22 until I was shopping for shorts about a month into my doing WW. The 20 shorts were just a tad to tight, and they 22 were just a tad too big, but I bought the 22.

I have a pair of size 20 pants that I bought from Sears a few years ago. They were the only things I could wear before I started doing this. They are now a little too big, and kind of sag on me.

My size 20 jeans from LB fit pretty good, almost a little too big, but they fit much better.

I have a pair of size 21 pants that are also now a little too big. I had to move the button to a smaller area so that they will fit.

I have a pair of size 20 Capri's from old navy that I can wear again, so thats cool

And then with skirts, I have a size 18 skirt that I can wear

I can now put on my size 18 stuff, but they are still too tight to wear out in public.

~Liz
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 04:17 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Interesting thread...although I have a few pairs of size 4 pants/jeans that fit, the majority I buy now are 6's. BUT at the same time I can still wear my LEI size 13 jeans from high school so it is really all relative. I also need to buy "short" pants even though I'm 5'8'' because my height is all in my torso.

I hate the whole vanity sizing movement but at the same time I would be much more inclined to buy jeans marked size 4 than size 10, even if they fit exactly the same.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote