South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 12:23 PM   #31  
Will work for yarn!

Borrowing the format...

NAME: Barb

BIRTHDAY: 10/14/73

MARITAL STATUS: married to my high school sweetheart since 1/23/96

CHILDREN/AGES: 2 boys, 11/27/98 & 12/18/01

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, playing with computer graphics, knitting, quilting, scrapbooking, jewelery making, spending time with my family

PETS: salt water fish

TOP WEIGHT: 284

CURRENT WEIGHT: 254

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT: 5'7"

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Northern California

BIGGEST CHALLENGE: Sticking to a program for life. In high school I went on Nutri Systems and lost 50 pounds. Gained it back, and then some. In my early 20's I went on Jenny Craig, lost 40 pounds, gained it back and then some. In 2003 I went on Atkins, lost 55 pounds, gained 30 of it back. I *HAVE* to do this and stick to it!!!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm tired of being tired, crabby, and uncomfortable. My kids are getting older and I want to be able to run and play with them. My blood pressure is getting high. I've never had a problem with my blood pressure. I'm doing this for me.

Last edited by myholidayboyz; 10-25-2005 at 12:24 PM. Reason: forgot my name... duh... :)
Old 10-26-2005, 10:41 AM   #32  

Default Hi

Borrowing the same format:

NAME: Melissa

BIRTHDAY: 2/28/70

MARITAL STATUS: Engaged, getting married March 6, 2006 in St Thomas, Virgin Islands

CHILDREN/AGES: 1 stepson – age 3 

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Scrapbooking, photography, traveling, reading, playing with computer, spending time with my family

PETS: Lilly my Bichon and 2 cats, Brandy & Windsor

TOP WEIGHT: 186.50

CURRENT WEIGHT: 183

GOAL WEIGHT: 150 (for now)

HEIGHT: 5'4”

EYE COLOR: Blue

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: MN

BIGGEST CHALLENGE: I love food  Lots of my days are centered around “where are we going for lunch?” I love trying new restaurants & going out. I have no will power. I need to learn to eat right & eat that way for life- splurging now and then won’t kill me. When I was young I was active, in sports & could anything I wanted. Now I eat anything I want and it’s crept on me. So now I have a goal, a date to get ready for—the biggest day of my life!!! My wedding. So if that isn’t the biggest motivator I don’t know what is.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: #1 reason is that my wedding will be the biggest day in my life- actually we’re going on a cruise to get married in St. Thomas so it’ll be the biggest WEEK of my life. And I want to be in shape, slimmed down and feel GREAT about myself. I am doing this for myself, me only—I want to be 100% confident about myself that week and for the rest of my life. I’m tired of being tired, overweight & beating myself up about eating and not exercising. I’m getting in gear to lose the weight & bring myself to where I want to be!!!
Old 10-27-2005, 01:34 PM   #33  

Hi guys - I'm Cecelia, 55, word processor for a Probation Department (lots of sitting at the desk) and I started the SBD five weeks ago. I've lost 15 pounds, seem to be stalled somewhat right now - but I LOVE this diet! I had done WW on and off for a few years and the most I lost (taking quite a few months) was 17 lbs and I was always writing down, keeping track, counting and HUNGRY! I'm enjoying reading the posts and getting the recipes. I want to lose 10 to 15 more pounds and I think I can do it on this diet.

I've got two wonderful sons, my oldest is 34 and a cop, my youngest is 19 and just got his FIRST job (YEA!!! THERE IS LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL). I've been BLESSED with the world's best daughter-in-law who has given us three beautiful granddaughters; ages 14, 11 and 10. I've got a beautiful niece/daughter (calls us mom and dad) who has a wonderful husband and weve been blessed with two more granddaughers from them, ages 13 and 5, and of course the "MAN CHILD". . .age 3!

I guess I'm more liberal than conservative. . .but growing up in the 60's what else would I be?. . .actually I believe very strongly in HUMAN rights for EVERYONE. . .whatever the case may be. I believe you can't love too many people nor have too many people love you. I believe you can't truly be free unless you want freedom for everyone else also.

I love animals (none of which I can have right now as we rent a condo - no pets allowed) but my patio looks out over a gorgeous park with a huge fountain and several ducks, geese, egrets etc. . .needless to say I go feed them duck and geese food every night, many eat out of my hand. I feel like MOTHER GOOSE because when I leave and look back there are several (at least 30) following me back home.

I love antiquing (scrounging through flea markets etc for great finds), collecting cookbooks (one of the reasons I'm now on SBD) and riding behind my husband on the Goldwing. I've been married (twice to the same guy) for 36 years (on and off at times for bad behavior) and we seem to be hanging in there.

I love laughter (mostly at myself) and have great friends who are also family.

Anyway - this is a terrific site and I think I'll get a lot of support here and hope I can give the same.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:17 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

I've borrowed the format again...

NAME: Clare

BIRTHDAY: 8/17

MARITAL STATUS:Living with my wonderful boyfriend (who is also a fantastic chef!)

CHILDREN/AGES: None

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, going out with friends, eating out, walking, eating in (you get the drift!)

PETS: None

TOP WEIGHT: 185

CURRENT WEIGHT: 169

GOAL WEIGHT: 139

HEIGHT: 5'3.5

EYE COLOR: Green

OCCUPATION: Work for the commercial director of a telecommunications company- training/ human resources etc...

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Warwick , UK

BIGGEST CHALLENGE: Weekends and motivation. I have a very busy social life, quite a bit of which involves the pub and food. I do fantastically well Monday to Thursday but then the Friday to Sunday means that I plateau (and I do have a wonderful man whose passion is food and loves me any shape!)

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have changed my lifestyle by changing jobs and moving out of a very high pressured career. I'm already part way there with exercise etc (have a cross trainer in my bedroom and train before work) Getting my head round the weight thing is the last step. I'm still not convinced this time next year I'll be thin (unless someone puts a ring on my finger as I', walking down the aisle looking gorgeous!!)
Old 11-02-2005, 06:43 PM   #35  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

Is/was the format offlimits?

NAME: Shannon

BIRTHDAY: 7/28

MARITAL STATUS:engaged

CHILDREN/AGES: None

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, walking, swimming, dining out

PETS: 1 doggie

TOP WEIGHT: 283 (that I know of)

CURRENT WEIGHT: 277

GOAL WEIGHT: 175

HEIGHT: 5'10"

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Brownish

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: FL, US

BIGGEST CHALLENGE: sticking to it, surprisingly in the past I stopped when I decided I was just fine the way I was. But then I gain back + some.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I will keep it up. I have a wonderful fiance, who, while loving me at any size, encourages me in all I do.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:04 PM   #36  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Notice:

Since some of the BIOS in here did not seem active, I've closed this thread and set up a BIOS 2006 thread containing people who appeared to be active. I'm sure I've goofed on some entries!
Please PM me and give me heck and I'll move your BIO from here to the 2006 Thread.
Closed Thread