Curves For Women

• Hello!

I am Sheila and I just joined your board today!

I started exercising regularly at Curves for Women on 4/24. I love it!

I wondered if there are any other Curves women out here?

• I have been exercising at Curves since August. I continued through my pregnancy (which is almost over). I enjoy going because I feel I am getting in exercise without killing myself. But I do find that if I do not go at least three times a week, I am not getting anything out of it. And that is getting tougher to do now.

Keep it up!
  • hi all,
    I joined Curves about 3 weeks ago. I love it, but I agree .... if I don't go at least 3 - 4 times a week I don't think it's working. I feel great after my workout and it's so easy for me. I don't like to exercise, but Curves is fun.

billie
  • What can you tell me about Curves? What kind of place is it? Thanks
  • I've been going to Curves since they opened here at the end of November 2000. I adore it! And I have lost weight and inches (see my sig), and firmed up. Very happy!

bethinks: See the Curves website, which is www.curvesforwomen.com for more info. Basically it's a women only facility that focuses on building muscle through resistance training. Very easy to do, not overly sweaty (unless you want it to be!), and only 30 minutes. Check it out!

Bensmom: I'm glad to hear that you're still going to Curves in late pregnancy! DH & I are going to be trying early next year to get pregnant, and I look forward to continuing at Curves (with doc's ok, of course) Best wishes!

And you guys are right... 3 times a week minimum to continue to see results, although I have taken time off (two weeks due to knee problems), and I continued to lose in that time, because, I'm sure, of the new muscles that I had built up. You do have to keep at it though, or those muscles will go away!
  • Hi Sheila, Cassandra, Billie, Marvin, and all -
    I love Curves, too - I've been going there at least 4 times a week (most weeks 6 times) since the beginning of May, and evidently it's paying off: when I got my measurements done (they are taken monthly) the other day, I was astonished to learn that in that month I'd lost over 17.5 inches! (Oh, and 13 pounds, too!)
    I was a Confirmed Exercise Hater before starting at Curves, and frankly, I love the fact that as soon as I'm thinking, "I HATE this!" at any one station, it's time to move on to the next! But it's gotten to the point where I look forward to going.
    So, if anyone's thinking about it, check out Curves; it is a lot of fun. Good luck everyone!

Polly Prissypants
  • ? about Curves for Women
    Hi:

I just read the post regarding Curves for Women. I drive past one every day coming home from work and always wondered what is was about. I have a lot of weight to lose and just this past week started getting serious about it. I'm off work until August 1 and decided to take this time to get motivated and get my lazy butt in motion. My question is regarding price. How much? Is it a monthly fee or all upfront. Do you ladies really think its worth it, I don't mind spending the money if it seems to help.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Karen
  • Karen.

At my center, here in Central FL - it's $29.95 month on an annual contract, or $39.95 if you want to pay as you go.

There's also a joining fee, which can vary according to which specials they may be running at a time. I paid $75 when I first signed up.

Hope this helps - it's a GREAT program.

I've NEVER taken part in any formal exercise program, before - but I've stuck with this one since November. I look forward to going, and I always feel disappointed when I have to miss.

Have a great day.
  • Curves
    Is this for any sized-women?

The impression that I got was that it was for very plus-sized women. I mean, I have 40lbs to lose but I wouldn't want to get funny looks for being say size 14 ..
    I know that's a silly thought!

Girle
  • Girle:

I called my local Curves and they told me they have women of all shapes, sizes and age groups. I haven't made to the facility yet.

Karen
  • Girlie - When I joined Curves I did not want to lose weight. I wanted to tone and maintain. In a few months I will have some weight to lose, obviously. And there are women of all sizes and ages where I go. Go visit the facility. After my initial visit I requested a free class for the full 30 minutes and they let me do that.

Karen - I paid $65 to join. I then paid $39 per month. If I wanted to pay $29 a month I had to sign a one year check draft contract. My DH and I were not comfortable giving our checking account number to a brand new business that might not be around in six months. I found out that even if they closed they could still deduct the money from my account for the term of the contract. So paying an extra $10 a month was worth my peace of mind.
  • Just joined Curves...
    Hi All!

I just joined Curves this past week. Back in Feb. someone I knew told me they were going and that they had lost 13 pounds their first month. I kept putting it off, and now that person has lost 42 pounds and has reached her goal, in just 5 1/2 months! I am so jealous, and mad at myself for not starting sooner!

But, I LOVE it! I was not sure if I would like it, being someone who used to do free weights on a regular basis. But, it is great and I love the fact that I never get bored (I DO get sweaty though!VERY!) I was glad to see there was a board about it. I have a lot to lose and I will let you all know if it helps me be successful!

Kathi