Phase I start - July 11

You're on Page 3 of 11
Go to
  • Hey again. I'm doing alright today...not too much to brag about.
    B: scrambled egg and bacon
    S: cashews
    L: chicken breast, green peppers, onions, broccoli salad
    S: plain yogurt
    D: not sure yet...playing by ear...
  • Hey chickies! Ooh I hope it's true about the Wendy's chili-always loved that stuff. I'm doing well-no slips (no weightloss either) Am determined not to get on my scale again till I'm done with Phase 1 (yeah, now if I could only get dh to move it out of the bathroom that I'm now entering 10x a day thanks to all this water) Let's see today I ate/will eat:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 1c 1%milk
    Snack: string cheese and carrots
    Lunch: Leftover Chicken and Spinach from the recipe section (SO good)
    Snack: Peppers dipped in salsa mixed with a little non-fat sour cream (need to get my veggies)
    Dinner: Salad and Taco Bake
    Dessert: Vanilla Ricotta (creme) and some Chai Tea
  • ps Justjess, carrots not allowed on p1
  • Ok here we go here's what I ate today:

Breakfast: Western Omelet (per the book with peppers and green onions)
    Snack : Hummus and cukes
    Lunch : 3 bean salad w/ ham and legal Caesar dressing on some veggies
    Snack : 3 TBSP Sunflower seeds
    Dinner : Taco Bake (wow it was fab!) with some lettuce/tomatoes/green onions/ a couple of olives and some very low fat sour cream (just a drop!)
    Dessert : Ricotta w/ vanilla extract and Splenda

Lots of water.
    1 Coffee and 1 cup of tea

And they call this a DIET??

Does this look ok?

Enjoy the rest of your day on the beach everyone
  • Newbie to SBD. Started yesterday.

I AM SO HUNGRY.

Today's food:

cottage cheese and yellow pepper breakfast
    pistachios and string cheese for a snack
    chicken and black bean chili for lunch
    more pistachios.

STARVING.

And grouchy.

Colleen
  • Artemis: Your food looks fine...

Colleen: I think more veggies will help fill you up while the protein will help you stay full...
  • Thanks. Maybe I'll add a salad to lunch tomorrow.
  • I have an odd question. What do you do if you're not hungry? Today I ate my snack at 10:30 and by 12:30 (lunch time) I wasn't hungry at all. I went ahead and ate my lunch anyway because I knew I'd end up hungry later if I didn't. So is it bad to eat if you aren't really hungry?
  • Hi Everyone!
    Hi, I started SB on the 11th, and I just wanted to introduce myself. I tried Jenny Craig, WW, Atkins... I got the South Beach book and I am/was really impressed. So I made the commitment to myself that I will be healthy and I won't let anything disrupt that!!! I'm 23, 5'3'' and 155 pounds. I'm really tired of sabotaging myself when it comes to dieting! I mean really tired! Anyway, I need to lose about 30 pounds and I could use any encouragement or advice ya'll may have!! Thanks!!

God Bless,
    Erin Crista
  • whoops about the carrots! Not concerned though-as from what I've read you'd have to eat cup fulls to get the glycemic affect noted in the glycemic index (I had 4 baby ones). I know tomatoes, milk and other items used to be off-limits so who knows what will be "legal" by the next revision

I am proud of myself-went to Wendy's and didn't eat a single french fry-though there wer 3 servings of them at the table.
  • EEK! I could have sworn that I saw carrots on a revised list...oh my. I will steer clear of them. I have been doing the laughing cow cheese and celery, but had carrots yesterday as a snack.
  • Hey all! Today was so much harder than yesterday. I have a massive "detox" headache. I've been craving almond Hershey bars & pepsi. But I stayed away. I grabbed some sunflower seeds instead. Then we went to the fair this evening & the funnel cakes were not just calling my name but jumping up & down & screaming at me. But I grabbed a bottled water. I think I'm getting ready to go to bed before I eat ds's corn dogs.

Tomorrow has to be a better day.......

On the plus side (ha ha ha), I am down 4 lbs.
  • Hi:
    I started yesterday and I am new to the beach. I think I did quite well the last 2 days and have not had any cravings and I am not feeling grouchy at all. I have tried almost every diet out there without success. My husband just suffered a mild heart attack (he is actually in good shape) and I guess I finally realized that it could have been me and that I had better get it together. Here is what I ate:

Monday
    B - two hard boiled eggs and V-8 juice
    S- laughing cow cheese
    L- fat free cottage cheese w/chopped cucumbers, red and grn peppers, red onion
    S- soy nuts
    D- Veggie burger - large mixed green salad w/kidney beans and ff cheese & non fat salad dressing

Tuesday
    B - 2 egg whites w/ onions and peppers & 2 vegetarian sausage links
    S- laughing cow cheese
    L- large mixed green salad w/garbanzo and black beans, ff cheese & olive oil and vinegar dressing
    S- celery stick and natural peanut butter
    D- stir fry veggies w/tofu
  • Welcome to The Beach, Shafrique. Your menu looks good! I love seeing a variety of veggies and some legumes.
  • Let's try this again, shall we?
    I'm back for another round of Phase I. I'm starting today (I figured it's close enough to the 11th to be in this thread ). For Breakfast I had a slice of Canadian Bacon with a scrambled egg and 6oz of Tom. Juice. It was good, I am having a rough time with V8 and Tomato Juice (not a veggic fan at all!) but we'll see how it goes.

I hope everyone has a great day!