I'd like to start training with weights again. Where can I purchase (r/o pls)

• a weight rack (small) with assorted size dumbbells? Maybe something with 5, 10, 12 and 15 pound dumbbells would be a good place to start. Any ideas? Thanks!
  • I just picked up a set of starter freeweights from Play it Again Sports and got a used bench with a leg extension.

It's done me well so far!
  • Play it again sports or the classifieds are a good source, but Danskin Weights also makes some sets that are available online (check danskin.com).
  • Even checkout e-bay, I found a really nice set that I purchased a couple of years ago. At the time it seemed like much more then I could ever use but it gave me a goal that I'm finally starting to grow into.
  • I've found reasonable prices at Wal-Mart for dumbbells....they also had a slanted weight bench for $50.00. they may have racks too. The thing is if you order to be shipped, it is expensive because of the weight.

I have a slanted bench (with the padded foot-bar and it works in a stand-up type position or laying down type) that has a rack for dumbbell storage (2 sets) attached. very neat to store, but it's so old I can't remember where I got it....
  • Try www.craigslist.org - check their "for sale" listings in the NY region and you can even post a "wanted" ad - it doesn't cost anything and it's LOCAL which will save money since shipping weight training equipment can get pricey to say the least.